It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Overcorrected 2 months after PRK

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #1
    specialk5
    (female)

specialk5 HB User
    Overcorrected 2 months after PRK

Hi everyone,

I had PRK enhancement surgery in one eye at the end of January 2015 (initially had lasik done 7 years ago when I was -9.75 in both eyes). Going into the enhancement surgery my left eye was -1.75, so it was enough that I felt an enhancement was needed to continue life without glasses or contact lenses.
    After the surgery in January, my healing was very slow. I had dry patches on my eye up to 2 months post surgery. At 3 weeks post-surgery my optometrist (separate from the laser clinic) said I was +2.50. Very overcorrected. He said that some overcorrection is normal, but that this much was unusual and took me off the steroid drops immediately. I was a bit freaked out and called the laser clinic to discuss these results. They said this was normal, not to worry, and that the overcorrection will subside in the next few months.
    I am now 10 weeks post surgery and the overcorrection has not improved at all. I was at the optometrist yesterday, and I am still +2.50 and need to wear a contact lens to function. The vision in my left eye is much, much worse than when I went in to surgery. I can't see up close, or far away with that eye. I'm disappointed and worried to say the least. Thankfully I still have my one "good" eye that I didn't have enhanced.

Has anyone out there experienced this level of overcorrection after PRK? And if so, did it ever improve?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
    whiskeythekid
    (female)

whiskeythekid HB Userwhiskeythekid HB User
    There is cornea swelling that creates some vision problems like overcorrection. This swelling takes a while to go away and differs per person.

I had Lasik with initial overcorrection of around +.75 in each eye. By about 10 months, one eye was around 0 and the other was and still is about +.25.

+2.5 is a bit high but it is possible for it to get to where you want after the swelling subsides.

I am not a doctor.

Closed Thread