It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• issues with boyfriend going out

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
    Angelmouse97
    (female)

Angelmouse97 HB User
    issues with boyfriend going out

Hey guys, I'm probably gonna come across as the psycho crazy girlfriend, but I just need some help. So me and my boyfriend have been together just short of a year and he is a an amazing guy, really funny, caring, sweet etc. However I don't know what it is, but every time he says he's off out with his friends I feel really anxious and really annoyed? I understand fully that relationships need space and time away with friends and believe me it's not like I want to feel this way at all. Also he is a very occasional recreational drug user, I used to do them all quite heavily and stopped about a year ago because they didn't agree with my anxiety. He knows I don't really like him doing drugs but because it's not like something he does every week or every month I don't think he views it as a major issue. It's strange because when we first started dating he did drugs and I didn't really care, I wasn't bothered, but then this year I had a really bad bout of relationship focused anxiety which he helped me through and supported me with, and it's left me pretty insecure about the whole issue. I do have a good social life myself and a lot of my friends still do drugs, it's just I find them quite boring and childish now. I want my boyfriend to go out and have fun, as long as obviously he isn't abusing them or whatever, but I can't stop getting pangs of jealousy and feeling moody whenever he goes out. I really need some advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: issues with boyfriend going out

Hi, may I ask what drug he is using?

Old 10-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
    spicykitten
    (female)

spicykitten HB User

I think you would feel better if you had a solid group of girlfriends you enjoyed going out with, also.

He can have his friends, as can you. I think you are feeling moody about it all because by the sounds of it, you don't enjoy the company of your existing friends?

Last edited by spicykitten; 10-19-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
    spicykitten
    (female)

spicykitten HB User

I think you would feel better if you had a solid group of girlfriends you enjoyed going out with, also.

He can have his friends, as can you. I think you are feeling moody about it all because by the sounds of it, you don't enjoy the company of your existing friends?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

when a relationship causes this much anxiety, maybe it's best to do without it.....

Old 10-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

When he goes out you should go out yourself. Even if it's going to the movies alone.

Enjoy your time apart.

Closed Thread