It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• Lymph nodes everywhere and stomach pains?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #1
    Stephanie122
    (female)

Stephanie122 HB User
    Lymph nodes everywhere and stomach pains?

I've had stomach pains for months now (6). I'm 19 years old, I wouldn't say I'm healthy and I am malnourished. I'm 5"10 and only weigh 52kilos. I have bad anxiety and keep it to myself. I hardly eat because all I think about is there's something wrong with me (cancer mainly).
    Ever since my stomach pains I've had 3 blood tests, I was low in iron and then the last one I was slightly low in wbc. Then I'm worried about feeling lymph nodes EVERYWHERE. Side of my neck, under my jaw, 4 in my groin, collarbone (mainly left side). The lumps are not more then 2cm and I can feel 3 in the triangle part of my collarbone, and can move it all the way infront of my collarbone. I had a panic attack today because I found a boney lump at the end of my collarbone where it meets the shoulder on my right side. It's on my left side as well but not as protruding out of my skin, it's like a boney lump on that bone. Doesn't move.

I've have an abdominal ultrasound and it was fine, no lesions or anything. No sign of 'lymphadenopathy'. Fecal test was fine. I had a recurring uti but that's cleared now. Idk what going on with me. I had a migraine too, so they ordered a ct scan of my brain which was fine, but I had an osteoma in my front nasal. I have 3 impacted wisdom teeth for a year.
    I'm going insane, everything I read online is stories of Hodgkin's lymphoma. I don't have night sweats, I hardly sweat at all.

I have spoke to one of my doctors about the lymph nodes in my neck, (but not collarbone as I never noticed it yet) and he basically laughed that I thought I might have lymphoma.. He then let me feel one of his lymph nodes of the side of his neck that he said has been there since he was 10..

Please someone help me understand what might be happening, it's not mono because I've been tested for it.

Last edited by Stephanie122; 12-20-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Lymph nodes everywhere and stomach pains?

Stephanie, having enlarged lymph nodes is worrisome to anyone. There are reasons for enlargement other than lymphoma however. If you have been checked for mono, I would suggest asking your Dr. to check you for lupus, which can cause enlarged lymph nodes and low iron and low WBC. Has anyone considered ulcers a possible source of your stomach pain? You need a Dr who listens and takes your concerns seriously, not laughs at you. A node over 1 cm present for more than 1 month should be investigated. Cat scratch fever can cause similar node enlargement and there are blood tests for that. Lastly, it is important to get your nutrition in better shape. Why are you malnourished? That may be the source of the low iron, if you aren't eating well. The bony bump may be an inflamed joint in the clavicle which could be related to the enlarged nodes. Perhaps you need to see a different Dr. for another opinion, since yours is not taking you seriously. Be sure to take your test results with you if you see someone new.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
    Stephanie122
    (female)

Stephanie122 HB User
    Re: Lymph nodes everywhere and stomach pains?

I went to my doctor about my lymph nodes yesterday. As I found one on the right side of my collarbone which is a lot more palpable and visible than the left. And it sits under the collarbone and I can roll it on the collarbone and it that triangular area.
    I measured it and it's about 1cm. My doctor saw it (cause you can visually see it only if I push on it to put it ontop of the collarbone). And he felt it and said "oh yes it feels like a nodule or maybe a sebaceous cyst" then felt my other nodes on the side of my neck and said they're healthy lymph nodes.
    But didn't really have much to say about the node on my collarbone. It's scary that it's there in THAT place. I've also had heaps of blood tests before. And have been tested for mono, lupus, etc. And all clear. I have had mono in the past he said but it's no present now.

Last edited by Stephanie122; 01-26-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Closed Thread