It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• PCL Injury from 2007

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
    Shadow7890
    Inactive
    (male)

Shadow7890 HB User
    PCL Injury from 2007

Aloha,

Back in 2007 on Oahu I was in a flag football league, caught a pass in the endzone one game and landed with my weight on that hard knobby top part of the lower leg, just under the patella or knee cap. To make a long story short after a visit to the doctor and MRI, I seem to have stretch my PCL. To make it worse, this injury was healing tight but I did not wait long enough. Three weeks later I decided I could come back and play. I caught a pass over the middle and soon as I begin to sprint......( POP ) I could feel it inside. The PCL injury stretched back out again, or possibly even became disconnected with the patella. To make things even worse, when it begin to heal again, it healed loose instead of tight. To this day I can sit down, grab the top of my lower leg and slide it a bit forward and backward..... Pretty gross.

Now days I am able to run my 3 miles, but if I run too much during the week, the knee swells up pretty bad. Ive been able to keep working out and this year I was a defensive end on another flag football team here in Kailua Kona on the Big Island. I could play through every game of the week just fine, but soon as the game was over my knee swells up pretty bad and I must ice it for three days before I can run again. So then the championship day comes and this league does all of the playoff games in one day. Wild card teams must play and win three games in a row to win it all. We was the first seed team so we only had to play two games. Anyway I made a horrible mistake that morning by going to sports authority to purchase a knee sleeve. I was thinking that if I supported my knee, then it would help me last through two games instead of just one.

Well, the first game was fine like always, but I had to stop at halftime in the championship game because my knee had swollen up so much that it was locked up and was definitely going to pop if I had continued. I am such an idiot! So yes my knee had tightened support all around, but inside of my knee my PCL was still loose and in a fast quick footed game like football, everything was still loose enough to shuffle around and grind against cartilagte and bone on the inside of my knee, BUT with the added SUPPORT and pressure from the knee sleeve, it actually increased friction and swelling. It is now a month later and I still cannot run and I am worried that I may not be able to play or even run again. I try going to the weight room and do light lifting on my legs with press, leg curls and extensions to rehabilitate, but its not getting much better.

Does anyone here have any advice on how I can tighten that PCL back up naturally. I currently do not have health insurance so cannot affort surgery, and I looked online for PCL braces and they are around $700.00 and more so definitely cannot afford that right now either. Is there some kind cheap knee brace or sleeve that I can use that will tighten my lower leg back against my knee hard so maybe the PCL will heal tight or re-attach itself? Has this injury been left loose for too long to heal tight again? Is there a particular re-rehabilitation exorcise that will tighten the PCL back up again? Any advice or help would be great. I still have many years of athletics in me left if I can just fix this problem.

Last edited by mod85; 05-28-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread