It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Doxycycline (?) and a bit of my story

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-23-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
    Emma 00
    (female)

Emma 00 HB User
    Doxycycline (?) and a bit of my story

Hi, after one year and a half ( first symptoms started about three years ago) of all tipes of tests (blood tests, urine tests, electrocardiograms, electroencefalogram, MRI, endoscopy, and tons of other diffrent kinds of tests)
    i finally tested postive for borrelia and rickettsia infections.
    In august of 2015 i got diagnosed with 'post-viral chronic fatigue sindrome', after being called crazy, 'just a little stressed', anxious, depressed, lazy and after being laughed at from several doctors i finally got the answer, i knew it was lyme or something correlate to that from a lot of time but all the tests were negative, so no proof, when the anti-borrelia test (think that's the name) came back negative the doctor put on a kinda smile like if she was happy, that she had prooven me wrong, just thought i was out of my mind, and it was just a psicological issue. No one ever belived me, not one doctor, none of my friends, nobody in my family i was alone just felt a left aside from the hole world, just watching everybody going on with their lifes and i was/am just here laying in a bed all day, gets kinda lonely sometimes, i'm sure some of you can relate.
    Any way the actual reason of this post is to ask about your possinle exeperiences with doxycyline, not sure if i am going to get any answers because rickettsia is very rare, and that's what the antibiotic should cure, so i took it for 21 days, if the infection had been caught immediatly in 7 days i should have been completly fine, but seeing that i probably got bit by a tick in 2008, things did not go exactly like they should have.
    All my symptoms got worse, especially tremors, pains and palpitations, the strange thing is that there has been a really big change in my concentration capacity, before the antibiotic i obviously could not read, or study (still in school so this is a very big issue), in the past months i also lost the ability to draw, it just took to much energy, i could not walk after it, i could not breath, i felt like i was dying, for one drawing.
    But now i can draw and write, (i did not try reading more than two pages at a time yet, i am scared) also for two or three hours in a row, i feel pretty terrible afterwords but nothing in comparsing to before, i manage to walk, to speak and breath normaly. Just so happy about this, it a very small part of a hudge thing that has to change but i am absolutly happy and satisfide with only this. I was wondering if anybody else had a similar experience with docycyline, if anyone read all of this, thanks a lot, and sorry if all of my writing is not correct, i am not english.

Last edited by mod85; 08-23-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply