It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Is it normal to be farsighted a week after LASIK for Myopia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
    slyronit
    (male)

slyronit HB User
    Question Is it normal to be farsighted a week after LASIK for Myopia?

I am 31 and got LASIK last week.

Before my LASIK (Femtosecond Laser+Alcon Topo guided), a week days ago, I was

L:-2, Cyl:-1.0, 170
    R:-2.5, Cyl:-0.75,10

I was measured 2 days after LASIK. At that point, I was (Auto refractometer)
    L:+0.75, Cyl:-1.0,170 (Blurry near and far) - 4/6 vision
    R:+0.25 (Sharp at distance, slightly blurry close) - 6/6 Vision

I cannot read or do any screen related work without seriously stressing out my eyes. Getting reading glasses of 0.75 seems to help somewhat (But not in the left eye). This confirms the above prescription of being farsighted, as before LASIK, I was able to read near (with correction Lenses or glasses)

My questions
    1. Is it normal to be farsighted after LASIK? Does this gradually go away? I am reading that doctors routinely overcorrect myopic eyes to account for regression after the surgery. I hate being farsighted more than I hated being nearsighted (At least myopia didn't cause terrible headaches).
    2. Looks like I have the same amount of astigmatism in my left eye as before and this is the reason I cannot see clearly near or far. Does astigmatism disappear over time too? Could this be post-LASIK Ectasia (Can it manifest itself within 2 days of surgery?)

Although most of the doctors in India are skilled, they are not good at patient communication and explaining to you the technicalities of your procedures/ailments (Mostly just send you off with a prescription and what not do do).

Last edited by slyronit; 12-18-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
    slyronit
    (male)

slyronit HB User
    Re: Is it normal to be farsighted a week after LASIK for Myopia?

Worked on my work laptop for an hour, got up with a shooting headache so bad, puked.

Right eye is crisp, but left is blurry. I think my left cornea is now uneven (See +ve power with -ve cylinder). Not sure if it would heal or whether I am stuck with poor vision forever, now.

5 days post-op.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lasik, myopia