It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Would you?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 AM   #1
    hyperopic123
    (male)

hyperopic123 HB User
    Would you?

Hello, i am e new member and this is my first post.

My cycloplegic prescription(after eye drops) is :
    RE: Sphere+3, Cylinder -2.75, LE: Sphere +3, Cylinder -2.
    I am 23 y/o and my prescription has been the same for years, i dont have any eye problems.
    Ive been considering lasik for a long time now, i am fully aware of all the risks and that farsighted people are more difficult than the nearsighted ones.
    I got checked by a professional and they told me that i am a good canditate.
    I would be extremely happy with 20/30 vision and i am ready to sacriface "some" of the night vision as long as it is not handicaping just to get rid of glasses.

So considering my prescription and my expectations what do you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
    LouiseZ
    (female)

LouiseZ HB User
    Re: Would you?

I had Lasik Eye Surgery 7 years ago up in Hammersmith, London. I was tired of wearing glasses and it was agreed I was eligible to have it done. I suffered from far-sightedness (near-sighted people seem to have better luck in the long run.)

Anyway, as of this date, I'm back to wearing glasses and realize I wasted around 4,000 for nothing. Initially, it was great with my perfect vision, but only lasted around 4 years. I have driving glasses and reading glasses just like before.

Think carefully about what you decide because it seems the professionals don't tell you all about how your eyes change future-wise - cataracts, etc.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:00 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Pretty much no one is going to tell you that you are NOT a good candidate. I also had it done 6 years ago and am back to wearing glasses full time. Waste of money!

How old are you? If you are not yet 40, dont bother. Farsightedness tends to get better as you get older. For many people, they no longer need glasses once they are in their 40s. If you get this corrected prior to that, you will more than likely need glasses to correct this as your eyes change as you get older. Thats what happened to me.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 PM   #4
    ItsJames00
    Inactive
    (male)

ItsJames00 HB User

I also had lasik eye surgery Two month before and after this surgery everything went fine and now i don'need to wear any type of correction and my vision is also improved

Closed Thread