It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My Partner is Turning 21 and Vacationing with an Ex

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
    GoodGuySeven
    (male)

GoodGuySeven HB User
    Unhappy My Partner is Turning 21 and Vacationing with an Ex

My Girlfriend recently got together, We connected Very Easily. I am BFF with her BFF. (off topic) She is turning 21 in December and plans to go to Tenessee for her 21 birthday with her Best Friend who happens to be an Ex and she was with him for 2 years (We'll call him Dale). Dale has like her since the 3rd grade and they broke up bc he cheated on her . All her friends are Exes bc she cant stand Gal Friends. I would understand bc most women are pretty dramatic but come on. Friends with ALL her exes... at first when i was courting her i thought she was weighing her options. I dont feel that way now bc i totally trust her.

Her brother tells me to watch out for Dale bc he has weasled his way into two relationships before when things became unsteady. She had sex with him when she thought one of her relationsips were over. It feels like he jumps right in when she is easy prey for him half the time when i think about the situations given. I Trust her COMPLETELY, but i dont trust his at ALL, let alone being alone with her. She is to accompany him on a trip to Tennessee her most Favourite state, and I can only assume to one of his family's Homes.

I dont trust this at all.... I dont know if im being a jealous boyfriend or not. But i dont like this situation, and i dont know how to tell her. I already told her it was fine, but she knew what I was thinking. In all honesty i think she would go no matter what bc they were planning it while she was single... and i can only bet on what Dale was thinking about when the plans were made. She says she can do whatever she wants and that im not her Parents but that I can always trust her. I do trust her a lot not him.... I need help on how to persuade her to not go, and i need to know if I should worry. PLEASE PLEASE Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2017, 06:31 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: My Partner is Turning 21 and Vacationing with an Ex

Unfortunately, this is a new relationship for you and there is no way you are going to know what to do unless you just let it happen.

Telling her not to go is going to result in YOU losing her. Explaining how you feel is going to put allot of pressure on this relationship, but I think she already knows.

Will she cheat on you? Maybe. Will you find out? probably not...can you live with that?

The fact that this is such a new relationship, does NOT give you the ability to tell her what she can and cannot do...I think if you keep your mouth shut and just let it happen, you have a better chance of her respecting you enough NOT to cheat on you...of course, she might come home and tell you the truth if it happens, OR she might come home and end things with you...but in all honesty, it will be SO MUCH better to find out now, then down the road.

If your gf is a cheater, you dont want her anyway...remember that.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
    GoodGuySeven
    (male)

GoodGuySeven HB User
    Re: My Partner is Turning 21 and Vacationing with an Ex

Thanks, I really needed a 2nd opinion from somebody

Reply Reply