It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• adrenial fatigue

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #1
    Riversong1119
    (female)

Riversong1119 HB User
    adrenial fatigue

So I've had hypothyroidism for all of my adult life, and I've been managing that pretty well (read: numbers are low but normal, go home, you're not dead yet). Over the past few months, while I've been planning to graduate with my masters, move out of the dorm, find a job, and get married I started to feel awful. I have constant nausea/vomiting, constant low bp (the only reason it's on the boarder of normal is because dr.s and hospitals freak me out). I've also had a rash on my face and neck that looked a lot like lupus but reacted extremely well to the cortisone they gave me at the ER on saturday. So we don't know what is going on. my blood levels were low/normal then (like the lowest number in the normal category, and now I can't remember if they were testing cortisone or something else. the best part of this is that I'm supposed to be moving within a month, and other than going to the dr. every week until i leave for a steroid pack there doesn't seem to be anything I can do. Everything hurts, and I'm super grumpy and gah.

Sorry for the rant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: adrenial fatigue

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riversong1119 View Post
    So I've had hypothyroidism for all of my adult life, and I've been managing that pretty well (read: numbers are low but normal, go home, you're not dead yet). Over the past few months, while I've been planning to graduate with my masters, move out of the dorm, find a job, and get married I started to feel awful. I have constant nausea/vomiting, constant low bp (the only reason it's on the boarder of normal is because dr.s and hospitals freak me out). I've also had a rash on my face and neck that looked a lot like lupus but reacted extremely well to the cortisone they gave me at the ER on saturday. So we don't know what is going on. my blood levels were low/normal then (like the lowest number in the normal category, and now I can't remember if they were testing cortisone or something else. the best part of this is that I'm supposed to be moving within a month, and other than going to the dr. every week until i leave for a steroid pack there doesn't seem to be anything I can do. Everything hurts, and I'm super grumpy and gah.

Sorry for the rant.
    Nausea and vomiting with low BP are signs of possible Addisons disease (low cortisol, hypoadrenalism. You need an endocrinologist to check this out with a more sensitive test. If the tests you had were cortisol levels and low normal, I would highly recommend this with all you have coming up. Also to make sure your thyroid levels are optimal not just adequate to survive. One suggestion- avoid calling this adrenal fatigue which is an alternative medicine diagnosis and may not be taken seriously. Tell dr you want to be checked for addisons disease and your thyroid doses optimized. Let us know how it goes and good luck with move, wedding etc.

Reply Reply