It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• they think Iím faking it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
    iwtfyme
    (female)

iwtfyme HB User
    they think Iím faking it

I am 17 years old and Iíve been diagnosed with panic disorder by a psychiatrist. My family took me seriously in the first few months, now they think Iím only faking everything and thereís nothing wrong with me. I am always alone when I have panic attacks and itís just very horrible, every single time i feel like i am going to die alone, it hurts. They think Iím just being over sensitive and ungrateful.

I seriously feel so alone. My best friend is the only one who cares for me and actually know what i truly am going through, but he cannot be physically there, because heís very far away. I cannot think of a solution.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-27-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
    BlackM57
    (female)

BlackM57 HB User
    Re: they think Iím faking it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iwtfyme View Post
    I am 17 years old and Iíve been diagnosed with panic disorder by a psychiatrist. My family took me seriously in the first few months, now they think Iím only faking everything and thereís nothing wrong with me. I am always alone when I have panic attacks and itís just very horrible, every single time i feel like i am going to die alone, it hurts. They think Iím just being over sensitive and ungrateful.

I seriously feel so alone. My best friend is the only one who cares for me and actually know what i truly am going through, but he cannot be physically there, because heís very far away. I cannot think of a solution.
    I'm new to this site! But. Not new to panic attacks and anxiety. I have also suffered from panic attacks, probably since about 15 years old, although I did not know what was wrong until I was older. They continued in college, even resulting in agoraphobia which I still suffer from in varying degrees. I managed my class schedule, drug myself to classes
    for tests or turn in papers, even an honor society member. No one understands what it feels like unless they too have experienced an attack. One in my late 20's sent me to my doctor who sent me to the ER. After various tests...the diagnosis: an extreme panic attack. I'm telling you these things from my past so you will know you are not alone, other people do not understand, I've and to tell you how sorry I am even your parents are not supportive. I am shocked, after seeing a psychiatrist and receiving a diagnosis there was no treatment plan or anything done by this medical professional to help you? Being a minor makes it difficult I assume to seek treatment and another Doctor on your on and not having your parents support must be unbearable. Even if they do not agree with the diagnosis surely they know something is wrong and why they do not help you seek a 2nd opinion and try to help you is something I find unfathomable. Your parents are supposed to make you feel safe, support you in every way. Maybe you have another relative you trust that you could go to. I wish I could do more! Than let you know you are not alone in your struggles. I struggled with this for many years. I luckily now have a DR that understands me and has given me support and treatment to manage attacks when they happen. Again, I wish I could do MORE. Please know you are not alone @ least in your struggle for help or understanding. I understand! Melinda

Closed Thread