It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Blurred vision in left eye. Help.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
    macbeth2995
    (male)

macbeth2995 HB User
    Red face Blurred vision in left eye. Help.

I just got these glasses last May and I could see very well with both eyes.
    Around last November I noticed left eye vision was not sharp and blurry.
    My insurance allows me to go back for exam this May which is soon. If this doesn't get better I will go but I am afraid of what I will be told. Is possible It may be dry eye. During this time I was drinking beer three or four nights a week (up to 10 beers), then I would wake up in wee hours and needed Benadryl to get back to sleep. I take a blood pressure med, which has a diuretic , Valsartan + Hydorchloro Thiazide. I was not drinking much water so maybe I dried eye out. I hardly ever feel thirsty. Now that I am scared about this vision problem, I have cut way back on beer, not taking Benadryl every night and force myself to drink 4 or 5 glasses of Water a day. I put eye drops and when I do, my eye feels more relaxed and better for little while. If it is dry eye, I heard they have a couple prescription drops, Restasis and Xiidra i think. Anyone have any experience or heard of dehydration causing blurry vision? You would think if so that it would be both eyes. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
    Bleue
    (female)

Bleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB User
    Re: Blurred vision in left eye. Help.

Yes, dry eye can cause blurry vision, but so can other issues. Best not to avoid dealing with it. Get it checked by an ophthalmologist. If the cause is something else you want it treated ASAP before damage (or more damage) sets in. Yes, it's scary to have eye issues, but more scary to do nothing.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:43 AM   #3
    macbeth2995
    (male)

macbeth2995 HB User

Thank you Bleue. I must wait until May due to insurance.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:46 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

If this is a follow up to your original problem, they may cover it before May....I would call your insurance company and double check on what you think you know....ignoring eye issues can be dangerous- if you need to be seen for an eye 'injury" or "issue' this falls under medical, not optical- and you can probably go now, rather than wait for a year.

Call your insurance company... ask them if it is covered. Im willing to bet it might be.

Reply Reply