It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Natural alternative to anxiety medication???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2003, 04:52 PM   #16
    Evanescence

Evanescence HB User
    Smile

And please, if you know anything about the safety of
    5-HTP during pregnancy, please let me know. I've heard its a good natural remedy for OCD, but I do not know about its pregnancy safety.

------------------
    "You have a boyfriend, and I have...a baby and a Ross!"--Rachel
    EDD 12/22/03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 12:40 AM   #17
    uscoastiewife

uscoastiewife HB User
    Hi there!A great product to try is called Natural Calm.It is basically a potent,powder version of magnesium.You can get it at a chiropractor's office(check around),or type it in on the computer.They have a website.Some people just take it in the evening,but high anxiety people take it in the morning!I really like it.I can't take meds,beacause I don't like the side effects.I have a little one to be somewhat alert for!

Old 04-29-2003, 11:10 AM   #18
    Janik
    Senior Veteran

Janik HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Evanescence:
    ... I recently found out that I'm pregnant, so I cannot take the SSRI drugs that I need... hopefully I can get recommendations for some natural, all-day relief herbs/techniques...
    In the depression board there is a post by basselinegirl about coming off antidepressants, look it up, I found it helpful.

Old 04-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #19
    OshKoshBigosh

OshKoshBigosh HB User
    Cool

I read on several websites today that it is known that extra Magnesium supplements each day help reduce anxiety in anxiety disorders. Here is a section from the article:

"For people who suffer from chronic magnesium deficiency and also to prevent the development of this condition, oral magnesium supplements can be quite useful. Magnesium is available in many forms. The cheapest is probably magnesium oxide, but this form is not absorbed as well as some other forms, which include chelated magnesium, magnesium glycinate and magnesium aspartate.
    What about dosage? The recommended daily allowance or RDA for magnesium is 350 milligrams of elemental magnesium.
    Oral magnesium supplementation may be helpful to a wide variety of medical disorders including: high blood pressure, asthma, angina pectoris, coronary artery disease, cardiac arrhythmias, chronic fatigue syndrome, all types of musculoskeletal disorders, epilepsy, mitral valve prolapse, anxiety, panic disorder and many other medical and psychiatric conditions."

It also said that Magnesium, taken in conjunction with Vitamin B6, was more easily absorbed. Go out and buy your Magnesium, everybody!!!!! May you all be anxiety free. I know I'm going to give it a shot.

------------------
    EDD- 12/16/03
    "You have a boyfriend, and I have...a baby and a Ross!" - Rachel

Closed Thread