It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Ultracet!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
    CaptainJack76

CaptainJack76 HB User
    Post Ultracet!

I've found that taking Ultracet during withdrawals really eases the symptoms of w/d's. I'm pretty sure it's the same drug as Ultram also. It's not a narcotic. I was wondering if I'm going to have to withdraw from the ultracet too, and if so, are they just as bad? Anyone know anything about this? or detoxing using Ultracet or Ultram? Love you all - Captain Jack

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
    timsworld73
    Veteran

timsworld73 HB User
    There was a thread a whilte back on this and it went round and round, actually got kinda ugley on that thread. I will say this...I have taken Ultram before and did have w/d symptoms from them, not as bad as true opiates, but they were still there...that is only my experience and mine alone...some say that they did not have any...but I cant speak for them.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:47 PM   #3
    rlcowboy2

rlcowboy2 HB User
    Exclamation

Hey if you are going through withdrawals and are trying to get off the opiates dont use the Ultram or ultracet, it will set you back in your withdrawals! I was still having a little w/ds while taking the Ultram but it really really helped BUT I only took like one a day for just a couple of days and when I stoped the bad withdrawals started all over again, so beware and dont have false hope, sorry, I had to find out the hard way that there is no easy way out of w/ds!! If you want to, go back a few pages and read my posts about my withdrawals and how happy I was to have the Ultram and what happened when I stopped taking it.Stay strong my friend!!!

Old 08-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #4
    Philster2003
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Philster2003 HB User
    Capt, ULTRACET is classified as an Opiate.

ULTRACET is a unique pain medication that combines tramadol, a leading prescription pain reliever, and acetaminophen.

Tramadol = Ultram

You will only prolond W/D's and possibly have W/D's from the Ultram depending on how long you use them. I had nothing but bad from trying to ease W/D by using Ultram.

phil

Old 08-20-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
    Hopefortoday
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefortoday HB User
    Too much Ultram may cause seizures as well. Be careful.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
    CaptainJack76

CaptainJack76 HB User
    Red face

Wow, doesnt sound like that's the answer then. It just made sense to me to switch to something that subsides the w/d's pretty well (ultracet) and then have minor wd's coming off of ultram. Does that make sense?

So basically take the ultracet for 5-6 days, estimating that's how long it takes to detox from opiates. It seems like after that you'd only be withdrawing from the ultracet, which wouldn't be as bad as full blown hydro or oxy w/d's. Does this logic make sense? does anyone else have any input? Thanks for the advice everyone.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #7
    Philster2003
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Philster2003 HB User
    Capt, tried that and it was not good for me or Rico if I recall.

phil

Old 08-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #8
    rlcowboy2

rlcowboy2 HB User
    Exclamation

Hey the first time I went through w/ds I had 60 Ultams and took only 5 a day then 4 and continued tappering till I was out but the w/ds were still as bad, I promise you there is no easy way out of w/ds, I know you are trying to find one and I did too, but take our advice, there is none! One thing I did wonder about is if I switched to Ultram for a long period of time and tappered off of it would I just be withdrawaing from the ultram and not the stronger meds, but if you do some research, wich I have, you will see that alot of people have to check into in-patient d-tox to get off ultram as well as other pain meds that get abused! When it comes to the opiate addiction Philster is the one you want to take advice from!! Last thing is, if you you want to see the most effective Meds used during withdrawals, go to a search engine like yahoo and type in "narcotic withdrawal flow chart" it will tell you all you need to know! I also will tell you what helped me most during my withdrawals was the Catapres Patch, you will have to get it prescribed, meaning you'll need to go to the ER or a doc. and tell them whats going on, but thats usually the first thing they will give you. It WILL stop your skin from crawling and keep your heart from racing and last but not least it will stop the restless leg thing and let you rest. Its the same as chlondine, they are a med that regulates your blood pressue, its used for people with TICS and prescribed for hyper active kids and for narcotic withdrawals, it will do the same thing as Ultram or Ultracet but it actually is more help, you will still have the w/ds but It cut my withdrawals in half, if not more, it was wonderful!! Stay strong my friend! Hope this helps a little!

Old 08-20-2003, 10:04 PM   #9
    mamaslittlehelper

mamaslittlehelper HB User
    Hi all! Its me again...so I should probably save my perscription for the ultram because I may need it eventually somewhere down the line? Also do perscriptions(the kind of script written on paper)ever expire? Like say if I wanted to use it several months or even a year from now?

Old 08-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #10
    mamaslittlehelper

mamaslittlehelper HB User
    Hi all...its me again! Just wondered...so maybe I should save my perscription for the ultram just in case I do need it eventually somewhere down the road? Also, do perscriptions (the kind written on paper) ever expire? Like say if I wanted to use it several months or even a year from now?

Closed Thread