It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• what are exact symptoms of adrenal/addisons?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
    miller01

miller01 HB User
    Question what are exact symptoms of adrenal/addisons?

What are the exact symptoms for adrenal fatigue/failure and/or Addison's?

I was dx'd having autoimmune hypothyroidism in June 2001. I have felt a major decline in how I have been feeling. Hard to get going....no energy, sometimes too tired to sleep, feeling older than I am, can't think straight nor for short or long memory, dark circles under eyes. Just some of what I am experiencing.

I had my thyroid med increase only to experience heart palpitations, chest pain, stomach cramping, burning sensation on palms of hands and feet, and, this is strange, pain in my hip (?). When I called endo with this she reduced med and sent me for "sed rate" test with CBC as well as thyroid levels today. I go see her next week.

Where can I find the exact symptoms for this disease?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2003, 06:11 PM   #2
    cathyk

cathyk HB User
    searching the internet for "adrenal fatigue" and "adrenal insufficiency" will get you lots of good information. you'll be able to relate to the symptoms you are describing.

Old 05-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #3
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Unhappy

What I've read so far is that Addison's goes with low thyroid and diabetes (and sometimes TB?)

There can be sudden low blood pressure after many years of taking meds for high b.p., and areas of discolored skin, maybe postural dizzyness, salt craving. Will adding supplements such as magnesium and chromium help? Seemed to help me.

[This message has been edited by Eagle (edited 10-30-2003).]

Closed Thread