It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• insomnia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2003, 06:52 AM   #1
    maggie39

maggie39 HB User
    insomnia?

Hi everyone
    Can insomnia be a symptom of addison's or adreanal fatigue? From what I've read it can be a sign of too much cortisol, but I haven't found anything about sleep habits with too low cortisol. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me (since my doctors don't seem to be able to). All my other symptoms point to low cortisol, not high.
    ALso, for those of you that have been officially diagnosed with Addison's, did you have symptoms for a long time prior? I've been battling various symptoms for about 10 years at least.
    Thanks,
    Maggie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
    HeatherW

HeatherW HB User
    You could be one of the rare ones who has some cortisol production but it may happen in the evening instead of when it should in the early morning. During the day you could be on zero. Have them draw some cortisols at different times of the day. Heather W.

Old 11-21-2003, 12:46 AM   #3
    UNBOUNCYTIGGER

UNBOUNCYTIGGER HB User
    Re: insomnia?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maggie39
    Hi everyone
    Can insomnia be a symptom of addison's or adreanal fatigue? From what I've read it can be a sign of too much cortisol, but I haven't found anything about sleep habits with too low cortisol. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me (since my doctors don't seem to be able to). All my other symptoms point to low cortisol, not high.
    ALso, for those of you that have been officially diagnosed with Addison's, did you have symptoms for a long time prior? I've been battling various symptoms for about 10 years at least.
    Thanks,
    Maggie
    Hi Maggie

I too have insomnia. The only time I sleep is when I am really exhausted and I still wake up tired and shakey. I haven't yet been diagnosed with Addisons but am going through all the tests. As I live in England the doctors and hospital tend to take their time. Keep a diary of how you are feeling at certain times of the day, and if you have any other symptons like numbness or tingly feeling in your hands and arms, nausea etc. I have had symptons for approx 5 years, they are worse when stressed.

Take care

Julia

Closed Thread