It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Burning Urethra [Male] Anyone???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
    ceedricc

Question Burning Urethra [Male] Anyone???

OK Here is the run around of whats been happening with me. About a month ago, after taking doses of penicillin VK for a strept throat infection in a 1 month period. The day after I took my last Pen VK pill (male yeast infection?), I noticed a burning urethra, and irritation, and almost a feeling as if the tip of my penis is cold, and the tip is sort of sore as well and a little itchy. I have been to my family doctor twice, and had a routine urinanalysis done and everything came up to be negative. I should also mention that this started before I ever had sex once in my life. Two days ago I decided to goto the STD clinic, because I am clueless what to do and this is very annoying. So I went and was tested for Chlamydia, Gonorhea, and syphilis. I should have the results back in a week, but I don't see how this could be an STD seeing as though I never had sex until after this problem started happening. I am a 17 yearold male, could it be my prostate? But isn't prostate checked in a routine urinanalysis [midstream] ? I am clueless as to what to do, this is very annoying.

If this is a male yeast infection of some sort, or something... how do I get rid of it??? If anyone has any suggestions or has had something similar, let me know please.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2003, 08:21 PM   #2
    merj84

merj84 HB User
    Re: Burning Urethra [Male] Anyone???

Good luck getting a good response out of here. I put a post up and nobody responds. I've been ahving problems, I've never had any sex either(im 19)... and about a week ago i had buring during urination. Its been fine since... except i feel like there is pressure on bladder and I feel like I have to pee often. Its really annoying. I went to my dr. and gave a urine sample.... i dont know what they're going to find. But i know its not STD's, so im kinda worried and thinking "what the ****". I dont know what is wrong with you, but if I get any good answers for myself.... ill let you know. Maybe they can help you too. Do the same for me. good luck.

Old 12-15-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
    frustrated33

You're not the only one with this similar problem. Since you said you are not sexually active, I would think you don't have an STD but maybe a yeast infection instead. See your dr. and be specific about your symptoms. Ask him if there is a possibility of yeast since it happend shortly after you took the penicillin.
    Yeast infections can also occur in males as well. Penicillin is one drug that can give yeast infections. I think you should go back to the same dr. (if he's a family dr.)that gave you the penicillin and get checked out. Women go to gyn's but for men they have to stick with the family dr. or in other cases a urologist. If it is yeast, there is a pill called Diflucan that can be prescribed. You only take one and it can cure the yeast infection if that's what it is. I notice symptoms of a yeast infection usually within the first day or so of taking an antibiotic. My symptoms were burning, itchiness, and redness. It's may be difficult to diagnose a yeast infection on smooth skin. With females, the dr. just takes a culture. If you tell your dr. the symptoms you are having he may just try an anti-yeast med even if all the other tests came back negative. I had a dr. prescribe diflucan for me once because he didn't know what caused a rash I had on my chest. He said it could either be fungus or yeast. Since he couldn't "culture" my skin on my chest he just gave me a diflucan. Dr's can go by symptoms and what a patient tells him. If you leave something out they may not be able to treat you appropriately. Tell him everything.

As for prostrate, to my knowledge it's not checked during a urinalysis. I think it is checked by the dr. with his finger up your rectum. I think guys have this exam every year once they reach a certain age during physicals.

Here is another post with similar symptoms and the guy also took penicillin. It may be able to help you. There is some information on the second page. There is a link with many pictures including STD's. I also wanted to say that even if the picture doesn't match up with yours doesn't always mean it's not that. It doesn't have to look exactly like that. There was another time I had a yeast infection and my only symptoms were itching. No redness or rash. If you let this go on for much longer it may be harder to get it fully healed. I know when I put off one of mine, it needed more than one treatment to kill the infection. Please go see you dr. Women go every year to be examined and sometimes more often if they have problems. It's really no big deal once you get used to it. If you don't trust your dr. to look at you find another one.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=131326[/url]

Last edited by frustrated33; 12-15-2003 at 03:32 PM.

Old 12-15-2003, 06:15 PM   #4
    frustrated33

You don't have to say on here but if your dr. knew of the symptoms you were having I wonder what his explanation was because if he didn't know why you were having these symptoms, you may want to get another opinion. If you didn't tell him everything you should go back. I know when I wasn't better from something I just went back to the dr. for another course of treatment. Sometimes it takes more than one visit to clear things up and if other tests are negative, the dr. should be looking elsewhere for finding a cause.

I forgot to say something when you mentionend "I should also mention that this started before I ever had sex once in my life." If you plan on having any sex make sure you use protection because even yeast infection can be passed from one to another. I know of other STD's that can be passed without intercourse such as herpes. Congrats to both of you for waiting. Hmm... I know that chlamydia may cause an irritated red tip but since you haven't been sexually active you should not have any STD's. I hope you find out what's causing your symptoms. Even if the symptoms go away, it may be transmitted by sex to others and then come back. Herpes is like that where the symptoms disappear but then reappear and can still be given to others. Go get it checked out even if the STD test comes back negative. You need to find out why you are feeling this way. Good luck.

Last edited by frustrated33; 12-15-2003 at 06:24 PM.

Old 12-18-2003, 10:52 AM   #5
    Netgearz22

Netgearz22 HB User

I've posted on here before with my problems...I'm a 22 yr old male who's never had sex..started having problems 2 years ago. My latest doc(been to 5 urologists) seems to think it's CPPS(chronic pelvic pain syndrome) or prostadynia. But I have all kinds of bad things happening down there: urethral burning, pain, frequency, discharge, the works. Just because you've never been sexually active doesn't mean you can't get a host of problems down there. Just be glad you haven't been, you can avoid the swab for clymidia, etc. Just make sure that if you are having prostate problems, take all of your medicine and look up RageofAngels' posts on here, they're very good and outline what to do and what NOT to do when recovering from a prostate infection. Good luck and God bless.

Closed Thread