It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board

  • Results on Scars Using Mederma

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 12-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
    fm5
    Veteran
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Morristown, NJ
    Posts: 475
    fm5 HB User
    Results on Scars Using Mederma

    I wanted to mention what happend when I used Mederma on a scar that I had since I was a child.

    I got this scar in an accident when I was very young. I tried so many things - dermabrasion, those "scar therapy cosmetic pads", etc. I even had one dermatologist tell me "you know, some things are meant to be". I just figured that it was something I had to live with.

    It was a horrendous scar - deep and indented right on the bridge of my nose! YOu can't imagine how ashamed I was especially going on dates when I went out to a restaurant and had a bright light right above me that really showed it.

    I had heard about Mederma and tried it for two months. I would have to say that the scar is minimized about 50%. I was completely amazed! I wish I knew about this stuff 20 years ago!

    Last edited by fm5; 12-23-2003 at 04:57 PM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 12-23-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
    wannabeU
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Greenwood
    Posts: 12
    wannabeU HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fm5
    I wanted to mention what happend when I used Mederma on a scar that I had since I was a child.

    I got this scar in an accident when I was very young. I tried so many things - dermabrasion, those "scar therapy cosmetic pads", etc. I even had one dermatologist tell me "you know, some things are meant to be". I just figured that it was something I had to live with.

    It was a horrendous scar - deep and indented right on the bridge of my nose! YOu can't imagine how ashamed I was especially going on dates when I went out to a restaurant and had a bright light right above me that really showed it.

    I had heard about Mederma and tried it for two months. I would have to say that the scar is minimized about 50%. I was completely amazed! I wish I knew about this stuff 20 years ago!
    I have gotten results too. That stuff really itches when I put it on. I can wear it at night as long as I take a sleeping pill. "Itching" to severe for sleep sometimes.
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

     
    Old 12-23-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
    449271
    Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 95
    449271 HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wannabeU
    I have gotten results too. That stuff really itches when I put it on. I can wear it at night as long as I take a sleeping pill. "Itching" to severe for sleep sometimes.

    does it work for acne scars and redness?

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 06:46 AM   #4
    fm5
    Veteran
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Morristown, NJ
    Posts: 475
    fm5 HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 449271
    does it work for acne scars and redness?

    I would have to say that it works for acne scars. My scar was deep and indented and was also over 20 years old. If it worked for mine, it probably will work for others.

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 10:58 AM   #5
    lookingforcure
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: United States
    Posts: 113
    lookingforcure HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fm5
    I would have to say that it works for acne scars. My scar was deep and indented and was also over 20 years old. If it worked for mine, it probably will work for others.

    I wonder if it works for red marks

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 11:22 AM   #6
    fm5
    Veteran
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Morristown, NJ
    Posts: 475
    fm5 HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lookingforcure
    I wonder if it works for red marks
    I don't know if it works on red marks. You can give it a try.

    Frankly, I was amazed at this product. Again, even a dermatologist and plastic surgeon told me to basically "live with the scar".

    Last edited by fm5; 12-24-2003 at 11:23 AM.

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 04:04 PM   #7
    newman999
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: ATL
    Posts: 115
    newman999 HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    i used mederma for a month or two and it deffiently broke me out... no improvement , not to totally disgrace this product but i actually have new scars ive never had where i put it...
    this is what happen to me... my advice is too stay away from it but maybe its just me it could be your miracle cure... DOUBTFULLY

     
    Old 12-25-2003, 07:43 AM   #8
    AccutAven
    Veteran
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Posts: 359
    AccutAven HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    That's great news! I will try it on my chicken pox scars.

    AA

     
    Old 12-11-2004, 02:05 PM   #9
    fm5
    Veteran
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Morristown, NJ
    Posts: 475
    fm5 HB User
    Re: Results on Scars Using Mederma

    Thought I'd bring this to the top for those who have scarring.

    Last edited by fm5; 12-11-2004 at 02:06 PM.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Scars somalley General Health 16 03-25-2008 09:59 PM
    White pale scars .retin a? amber04 Skin Problems 1 07-10-2007 06:09 AM
    Mederma GloryGurl Acne 9 08-04-2006 09:45 PM
    Help with scars and new cuts? muffin72492 Self-injury Recovery 5 04-10-2006 01:16 PM
    List all the things you tried for scars... EMMANUEL Acne 76 11-12-2005 03:46 PM
    Results from Mederma fm5 Beauty & Cosmetics 8 04-03-2004 02:08 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:36 AM.





    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!