It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Had IUI today - anyone else 2WW?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2003, 08:07 AM   #16
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User
    Re: Had IUI today - anyone else 2WW?

Hi BCGirl, Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I am just really bummed out lately. Sorry to hear that rotten AF showed up for you too. I also never thought I would pursue IVF because of the cost, but now am considering rearranging my whole life to afford it. The chances of it working are rather slim (35-45% according to my RE - what stats are you being given for IVF?) Also , it will cost at least $10,000 - probably more as my re said probably 6 vials of follistim per day for at least 10 days plus the lupron and who knows what other drugs are involved.(What is the cash price for IVF at your re's office?) Am I supposed to second mortgage my home for something that is such a big gamble? Or shall I save that resource for an adoption?
    Oh, I can't even imagine how your step-daughter's news must have made you feel - I think I would have gone off the deep end. I am currently resenting every pregnant person I know and harshly judging the parently skills of those people I know who do have kids. I don't leave the house much these days because being by people really brings me even further down, so I guess I am already off the deep end.
    I wish I had something positive to say to you. I know the IVF funding would be a burden for me & DH to come up with (I will NOT put that on a credit card - I put my IUI on credit card and I know paying that off will p*ss me off) and don't ya just envy those people who actually have insurance coverage for this?! I imagine it makes everything much easier - gambling with someone else's money is always more fun. Well, January is a wash for me, not even going to try, so depressed I can't even shower or get dressed on a regular basis. We are currently painting and re-carpeting the upstairs of our home and were hopeful that we would have been fixing one of the rooms up to be a nursery, but now we are just leaving that room as-is. DH is at Home Depot now getting paint and I don't think I want to paint today. How do you keep your spirits up? I have good days and bad days, but lately it has been a lot of bad ones and I wish I could just "break out" of wanting to have a baby and go back to being happy, but now I've got this bug up my arse and I just hate being told I can't have something I want - makes me crazy! Usually I will do whatever it takes to get what I want, but this is a different bird....."where there's a will there's a way" doesn't mean squat in this game. Well, I guess I better get my painting clothes on. If you do IVF, are you doing it right away or saving up $ first? Like we have time for that, right?! Do you work? I quit my job this past February because I worked with chemicals and knew it wouldn't be safe if I was ttc......so I guess I have to go get a meaningless job now to save for IVF. I just wonder how women work while going thru IVF - all the drugs making you crazy and all the doctor's appt.'s to keep. I imagine it would be rough. Well, keep me posted on your plans and I'll do the same. By the way, your support has been really great - it helps to have someone who understands. I really appreciate it! Best Wishes for the New Year - Sara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #17
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Hi, Sara:

Boy, you sound really down. You truly do sound depressed. I understand how you feel all too well. I am also quite depressed about my situation, although I confess to having a somewhat depressive personality anyway. I have a constant low grade depression, I think. It's partly because I work and I dislike my job. I'm an attorney but I don't like litigation. I don't like all the conflict and pressure and deadlines. It's a stressful job. I was planning to quit work and be a full time mom if I got pregnant. Now I've got to find something else to do with my life, I guess! But nothing will ever pay me so well, so it's hard to give it up.

Anyhoo.... I digress. I feel for you, I truly do. I know just how it feels to be powerless to fix this problem. And I've had three failed IUIs at this point, so I think I probably feel even more hopeless. I just find it hard to believe that I waited so long that no child will be possible for me. I always thought I could have a baby whenever I was ready to do so.... this infertility is a real shock and a real eye opener about choices I made. But now at 38 the cold reality of infertility has set in.

I don't know exactly what IVF would cost. My RE has been pretty vague about it. She wants me to go to an IVF class, which I assume would reveal more. But I think it would be at least $11,000. I don't have the money. I could maybe scrape it together from here and there by March or April... I also would never put such a large amount of money on credit. Either I could pay outright or I wouldn't do it. But I also need to put a new roof and gutter system on our house..... which would also probably cost around $11,000, coincidentally. It's not leaking yet but it could start anytime.

So that's the choice... put a new roof on the house or gamble one time on IVF. My RE pins the chances for success in IVF at 35%. Those odds suck, if you ask me! Imagine how bad I'd feel if I spent $11,000 of my extremely hard earned money only to get a BFN!

I haven't really decided what to do yet. I fluctuate. Sometimes I think no way am I going to gamble on IVF; other times I am not prepared to give up on motherhood. DH says don't make any decisions right now.

But I read that big long thread of Skysam and Gamine and Nickelly.... did you read that one where they all went through IVF together? It sounds like a scary and complicated process. Two out of three got pregnant, but with my luck, I would be the one who did not. Of course it would be different if I had insurance coverage. Like you said, spending somebody else's money would be no problem. But spending my own limited resources is very daunting. DH says it's nothing compared to what we'd have to spend on a kid over a lifetime but geez. How many people have to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for their babies out of pocket? Up front? That would be a natural incentive to drive down the birth rate, I bet.

Honestly, Sarafina, I just sometimes think I am just not meant to be a Mom and should just accept the choices that I made. IE, choices that did not include motherhood when I was younger and more fertile. Sometimes it seems like I'm emtionally stunted anyway and would be a lousy mom. But then again, other times, I think I could be a good mom and would have a lot to offer a child.

I have to say I am leaning against IVF, I think. No final decision yet but I just don't think all that medical stuff is for me. I want to try to learn to be grateful for all the nice things that I do have in my life and stop being so darn envious of what I don't have. It's something I constantly struggle with, being satisfied with what I have got.

Well, keep me posted on how you are feeling. I hope as time goes on you will be feeling better. And you know, you should try IUI again. I think three times is a reasonable amount of times to try the low tech stuff. When you are feeling up to it again, that is. It has also helped me to have had a "buddy" to go through this with! It definitely has made me feel less alone. So thank you for that. You live in Chicago, right? So no chance for us to meet. But you have defintely been a kind friend.

BCGirl

Old 12-29-2003, 02:14 PM   #18
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User

Hi BCGirl, You are going through the same crap I am - the thoughts about probably not being a good mom, that we deserve this infertility nightmare because of the inforgiveable decision we made to put off having a family until we were ready (happy marriage, career out of the way, financially sound), and I don't know about you, but I constantly mentally abuse myself for having so darn much fun in my 20's and 30's (traveling, partying, oh I was a wild one!)when I should have been making babies. I guess I just look back and realize what a fool I was, as my fertility never crossed my mind unless it was time for my depo shot. And just because we were raised by monsters doesn't mean we are anything like them - we may bare the scars of them being in our lives, but it really sounds like we have both moved on. I torture myself with the same thoughts you do, but deep down I think we both know that we'll be better at parenting than our own parents were. Of course we won't be perfect, but I doubt we'll repeat history.
    I still don't know what my next move is going to be. I explained to my dh that I would like to give up as this whole thing is taking all the joy out of life, but what if I change my mind in a year and decide to try again? If I were 30-35, hey, not a huge problem. But at 38 we've got to give it all we've got, as the final curtain is truly about to come down. We decide, or time decides for us. I wish I could take a little breather to clear my head, but the pressure to keep trying is always present. I think I would always regret it if I don't try IVF at least once. I would always wonder if $10,000 would have been the price I had to pay. Yeah, I have been following the thread of the 3 ladies who tried IVF and it makes me a little hopeful. I think it something we should each at least explore a bit further.
    If you hate your job, quit. Easier said than done, I know, but I did it and didn't fall off the face of the earth. Life goes on. On the one hand, I am happier without the career (I was a glassblower for 17 years) on the other hand I could really use the money right now - if I had known a year ago where I'd be at today, I would have continued working. I thought I would just quit my job and get pregnant right away because I had decided "Now"....oh, what I didn't know...Anyhow, let's each take a breather - meaning a week or so - and think about IVF. I have unexplained infertility - what about you - I can only recall from my limited memory that your dh had vasectomy reversal - are you unexplained other than that? Is your current RE a good one, statistically? Maybe IVF should be considered. I am starting to consider it, how about you?
    Put the roof on the credit card! -Sara

Last edited by Sarafina; 12-29-2003 at 02:18 PM.

Old 12-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #19
    dsnap

dsnap HB User

Dear BCGirl and Sara,
    I was trying to compare bowflex and crossbow exercise equipment and somehow ended up on this site. I read your responses to each other and it made alot of pain of infertility resurface. My husband and I tried for 4 years to have a baby and I've been on that roller coaster ride that you are experiencing. My heart goes out to you. We all are so in control (we think) of our lives and then we get a major curve thrown at us. Anyway, a little history here. I'm a pediatric nurse and at that time was practicing in pediatric home care. I'll never forget my second day back to work after a miscarriage(after 4 mo. of clomid), I visited a 13 year old girl that had a baby and was living in a smoke filled house. God got alot of questions that day. One of my job responsibilities was doing a first week home visit for all new moms from a local hospital. Anyway, I had to change areas of practice shortly after that. To make a long story short, I too felt IVF was a long shot. My dh and I decided to refocus our lives on renovating a old home. During renovations, we received a call from a very good friend,after many, many prayers. She had had lunch with a friend that had a daughter in college that had a roomate that was pregnant who wanted to give the child up for adoption. He was born the day we moved in to the new house. Speaking of ruining finances, a new house and adoption on the same day. I also failed to mention that I had a son from a previous marriage. It has been almost 5 years and we have the most beautiful, boy. He has filled our life with joy and contentment. Adoption is absolutely as fulfilling as natural child birth. I can say that, I've done both. The emotional bond is just as strong if not stronger than a natural birth. I'm truly sorry for all the pain that you both are experiencing but I felt like I had to let you know that prayers are answered in many ways and God is good all the time. We may never know the purpose of many things in our lives, especially infertility. But the one thing I do know is there can be alot of peace in prayer. I have returned to the pediatric field where I am a school nurse. I talk to high school girls every year on the positives of adoption instead of abortion. I hope I am making a small difference in someone's life. I know my baby is where he is suppose to be and his birth mother feels the same way. God bless you both. I would like to encourage both of you anytime you need some encouragement. Don't give up and by all means if you have the financial stability to do IVF, do so. There have been many successful stories from that procedure. But never forgo adoption. It's a wonderful option.

Old 12-31-2003, 02:38 PM   #20
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User

Hi Dsnap - Thanks for the pep talk! They are very helpful!

BCGirl, Just want to say "Happy New Year". I have been thinking way too much and doing tons of research over the last 48 hours, and you know what? - 38 with unexplained infertility is way too early to give up hope. You and I both need to develop more positive attitudes with regard to ttc and because we are both kinda low-grade depressed all the time and cynical and pessimistic (I'm sure we owe a debt of gratitude to our parents for that!) we need to work harder at staying positive. What do you think? I know I don't do enough good stuff for myself - like signing up for yoga classes like I always say I'm going to, or not eating processed foods, and on and on.....maybe if we took better care of our physical and mental selves we would be better prepared to face the infertility battle in 2004. If I give up now then I know I will always have regrets. Sure I'm grateful for what I already have in life (great dh, pets, a few good friends) but life is, after all, the pursuit of happiness. Even though life is just fine the way it is, what is wrong with wanting more? We want to be moms. We want little faces looking to us for guidance. And even though I am bit crazy and have my imperfections, I think I would be a great mom and I went to great lengths to marry a great guy that I thought would also be a great dad.
    We have a nice life, we are responsible and caring adults. We are done sowing our wild oats. We pay our mortgage on our nice home. Our ducks are in ************ order and now we want babies because it's the right time! Where is the crime in that? We simply are being penalized for waiting, so we have to pay the "late fee", which is steep, but those are the rules of the game. So I say we keep trying because 38 is hardly the end of the road. I look forward to hearing your thoughts - Best wishes for the New Year! - Sara

Old 01-03-2004, 05:27 AM   #21
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Thanks for the advice, Dsnap! It sounds like you were so lucky, to have your adopted baby kind of fall right in your lap! That definitely sounds like it was just meant to be. I sort of doubt anything that miraculous would ever happen to me, but hey, you never know. God does seem to work in mysterious ways, aned things do often work out for the best, I've noticed.

Happy New Year, Sara! You sound so upbeat, it's kind of infectious. I believe you should follow your heart. If you really want to be a Mom, then I think you can achieve it. It's all about what you are willing to sacrifice to get it. If you set your heart on this goal, you will get there. I still think you could legitimately try IUI another time or two, but if you want to skip right to IVF, I'm sure your RE would be happy to oblige. Mine has told me she won't even let me do any more IUI since it doesn't seem to be working. I don't disagree with that. Did you read that one of those women who just got pregnant from IVF did 25 IUI's? That seems like a lot. She must have spent a fortune. I am satisfied after three times that it is not going to work.

Anyhoo, I think you're right that it's ok to want motherhood. It's a natural thing that most people get to experience without any angst at all. In fact, so many (including my Momster) get pregnant by accident that their only angst is that they don't really want the kid. So we're put in this weird position of thinking, thinking, thinking about this, and analyzing exactly what we are willing to sacrifice to get it, and all the pros and cons about motherhood. Most people, like my stepdaughter, think to themselves, hey, I think I'd like to be a parent, it's about the right time, and they try for a few months and BOOM! They're pregnant. No self doubts about being punished by God, no thoughts about how much they are willing to spend chasing this dream, etc. I've got one friend who says I'm overthinking this problem and she's probably right. She says that $11,000 is not much money to spend, and that if I don't try IVF, in five years I will have a total meltdown for failing to try every possible option.

That's a seductive argument! I'm famous for making decisions that I regret later.

But I don't know, Sara. I'm still swimming in my sea of indecision. I liked your idea of stepping back from this for a week or so to just clear my head. But then I would come back to this Board and prowl around. Obsessed, I guess!

I think I will probably call my RE next week and sign up for the IVF class she wants me to take. I guess my RE gives it once a month, so I would take it sometime in January. I guess it couldn't hurt to have some more information.

By the way, my infertility is pretty much undiagosed, except we know dh's sperm is not the world's greatest. He had a vasectomy reversal which has impacted the amount available. They still swim around but there's not as many of them. I have been pregnant the natural way by him twice but neither pregnancy was successful. The most recent time was a miscarriage in September, 2002. My feeling is that I'm just kind of old, and when you combine that with dh's sperm problem, the result is infertility. The doctor said my miscarriage was no big deal, no reason I can't conceive again. He said 40% of women miscarry. But ...... that was well over a year ago, and all those months of great sex and four months of clomid and three rounds of IUI have not produced another pregnancy. Sigh.

Well, keep me posted on your thought process! I'm all ears.

BCGirl

Old 01-06-2004, 12:33 PM   #22
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User

Hi BCGirl, It is awesome that you can get pg, don't you think? I'm not even sure if I can. Looking back on my life, I used to think I was just really lucky - I used birth control about 85% of the time, but there were those times that I didn't. And of course I believed that if you had sex without birth control you would get pg. How silly! So, I have never been pg and now I wonder if it is even possible for me. I think a person would be more hopeful if they knew that it could happen because it has. Do I make sense?
    Well, last night my dh told me that I have to stop stressing about ttc. He is right. I am a basketcase most times. I am so overwhelmed by all of this that I have been on the verge of losing it. Wonder if everyone gets like that? I will try one more IUI. It won't be an option to move onto IVF for a few months, so I thought I may as well get the IUI out of the way - and take the follistim which I swear made me gain weight and feel crazy - so I can at least have a real rest before looking at IVF. Of course we keep trying naturally, but that is really exhausting (boy, I must be old!) - but we are on an everyday schedule for the week when I think I will ovulate, and today is day 5 and both dh and I are tired.
    Is your dh doing anything to improve his sperm? - Like vitamins or acupuncture or anything? Have you done anything? I tried acupuncture and gave up coffee. I can't believe I gave up coffee - that is proof positive that I am very serious about getting pg. I really miss caffine. I told dh I thought maybe colonics would be the answer ( read a book recently called "Inconceivable" and author talked about the things she did to get pg at 43) that is when dh thought I was off the deep end. I've done a little research on colonics and maybe I won't go rushing in for one this month. Have you gone through the "I'll-try-anything" phase? I need to listen to my dh and find a way to relax. I started going for long walks last week, but today with the windchill it is like -25 degrees outside, so I better come up with another plan because winters are long here. Well, keep in touch, and let me know how the IVF seminar goes! Regards-Sara

Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 AM   #23
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Hello, Sara. I'm sorry I haven't replied; I was out of town.

I guess it's good that I have been pregnant.... but for me it's kind of a source of frustration since it was so long ago and I feel like my age is a real factor now. I think when you can't get pregnant, whether you ever have been before or not doesn't make you feel much better. Either way, you aren't pregnant now! I also spent a lot of money on birth control over the years... it's kind of ironic that now I need to spend all this money trying to GET pregnant.

I don't think I had quite as much FUN as you did in my 20's and 30's. I wish I could say I did, but I spent most of that time in a bad marriage. I just never felt that "now" was a good time to have a child so I never did. I didn't really get to the point where I thought it was a good idea until I was married to my second husband, and that didn't happen until I was 36. That's when I really started trying to have a baby in earnest, but it didn't work out. In some ways, I'm glad I didn't ever have a child with my ex-husband. It's better for me that I don't have to deal with him. He was always on the fence about kids anyway. I wanted to have them "someday" but he always told me that having a child with me would make him feel "trapped." Can you imagine that! We were already married and he would talk about being "trapped." The funny thing is that as soon as we split up, he hooked up with a girl 12 years his junior (he's the same age as me). And she was pregnant within months and guess what; they decided to have the baby. So now he's a father and after all this trying, I still can't get pregnant, and I am the one who professed to want kids. Another irony. Even he sees the irony in that. Every time I speak to him (which is practically never anyway) he says "aren't you pregnant yet?" That always makes me crazy, I can tell you!

I signed up for an IVF class on February 10. It seems that I will have the money by then if I want to do IVF. DH says he will totally support me if I want to undergo IVF; he has basically ceded this decision to me. But I still feel as if I am leaning against it, Sarafina. The idea of being a mother seems to be slowly seeping away from me. I really cannot fathom spending all that money if the procedure fails. I believe I should just get used to my life the way it is. It is not so bad, and this way my DH will not spend the rest of his years bringing up another child. I am going to go to the class but am really leaning away from IVF.

My kitty is so funny, she lies next to me when I'm typing and she puts out her little paw on my arm. Kitties are great, aren't they?

I guess there is some corner of me that still hopes for a miracle, natural conception. Since it has happened before, it's not impossible.

When are you going to have your next IUI? I hope very much that it will work for you. It would make me happy to hear that you are pregnant. Let me know when you are going in for IUI again.

BCGirl

Old 01-22-2004, 05:47 AM   #24
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User

Hi BCGirl - I went in for a Beta yesterday but I don't have to bother calling in for the results because I got AF this morning. I called RE's office and will have bloodwork and u/s tomorrow. I think it is strange that I come in on cd2 - I always hear it referred to as day3 fsh and u/s. My last IUI they had me start on day 4. I wish it would just be day 3 so I wouldn't have to obsess. I wonder why I've had a 33 day cycle - I am usually 28-29 days. Oh well, still can't get off this ride.............Hope your day is going better than mine! I HATE AF! - Sara

Old 01-22-2004, 05:35 PM   #25
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Hello, Sara.... sorry you got AF, but at least this way you can get started on your next cycle of IUI. Weird that your cycle was extended but I guess it's the drugs... must throw things off. But maybe this will be the cycle for you to get your BFP!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I am still scheduled to go to IVF class on Feb. 10... but we just gave a pile of money to my stepdaughter so she can buy a house... hubby needs a tooth implant... not to mention the roof.... same old issues with spending $11000 for a 35% chance for a baby.

I'm praying for a miracle! Maybe I could get pregnant the natural way. What do you think?

BCGirl

Old 01-23-2004, 02:29 AM   #26
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User

Hi BCGirl - I'm up early (it is 4 am here, but I've been up since 3) - can't sleep. I'm going in for u/s and bldwk at 7 and I have that "here-we-go-again-what-am-I-getting-myself-into" feeling. I think it is mostly fear of the injectibles - I don't have an issue administering them, it is the side effects - crying, sleepy, weight gain, tummy aches. that is the part I'm not looking forward to. And I woke up with awful cramps, so I just can't wait to go have that u/s!
    It was certainly nice of you & dh to give his daughter $ for a home - she is the lucky one! Since I didn't work this past year (I can't believe it has been a whole year now, but it has) we are getting a return on our taxes (unheard of usually) and that is a welcome surprise. It won't be a windfall, but it will help. Just thinking how "in the old days" (before IF) we would have taken the $ and blown it on a vacation. I should say the good old days...
    I picked up a book I really like - sound advice with proven studies - it is called "Conquering Infertility" by Alice Domar, Ph.D Have you picked this book up? I've read so many books on IF - this one I would actually recommend. The author works in the Boston area at the Beth Isreal IVF program. sounds like an awesome place. Are you near Boston?
    When would you be able to begin an IVF cycle, if you choose to? March?
    Keep trying naturally - it has worked for you before, so why not? I have a hard time ttc naturally, as opk's don't work for me - my LH level is elevated so I constantly test positive, never really knowing when ovulation will occur. I was told by RE not to bother with them anymore.
    Well BCGirl, here I go again........Thanks for the support! - Sara (Gotta go - my kitty is insisting that laps are for cats, not computers!)
    "I would rather regret the things I did try, than regret the things I didn't."

Last edited by Sarafina; 01-23-2004 at 02:37 AM.

Old 01-24-2004, 05:55 AM   #27
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Hi, Sara... Just try to keep thinking positively! Maybe this will be your cycle. IUI works for some people... why not you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Go Sara! Go Sara! Yay! (this is me being a cheerleader!)

BCGirl

Old 02-01-2004, 12:49 PM   #28
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Hi, Sara, thought I'd check in and see how you are doing! Did you have your IUI this month yet? I'm betting you're into your tww now. Just wanted to say, good luck! Baby dust to you! This will be your month!

I'm just hanging out doing nothing today, waiting for the Super Bowl. It's been a totally lazy, relaxing day. Go Pats! See, if we had kids, we would not be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of a snoozy Sunday. DH & I can make love uninterrupted and read the Sunday Times all day. There are some benefits to being childless!!!! This is what I have been telling myself!

But I am still hoping for you that you will get your BFP. Keep me posted.

BCGirl

Old 02-09-2004, 06:00 AM   #29
    Sarafina
    Inactive

Sarafina HB User

Hi BCGirl, I did have an IUI on the 3rd. The procedure went quite poorly. The person who performed the IUI made it seem like she had never done it before. It was a humiliating and uncomfortable procedure - so much so that I have written a letter of complaint to the doctor - not that he'll give a #*^!
    I am done with ttc. I am beaten and depressed and feel like my marriage has been ruined. I never really had my husband's full support while going through all of this. This was never something that was happening to "us", just me. My own family has been downright evil to me during this and as far as friends go, I don't have much support there either. I have come to the conclusion that bringing a child into what I consider an awful family life and an unstable marriage is not something I can pursue. I am so angry (failure - marriage, pregnancy, career, family) and depressed. Sorry to sound like such a bummer, but giving up just doesn't bring a sense of relief yet. - Sara

Last edited by Sarafina; 02-09-2004 at 09:26 AM.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:46 PM   #30
    abcGirl

abcGirl HB User

Hello, Sara: I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly today. Have a cyberhug from me! Perhaps it's partly due to the meds? They certainly can make you feel every emotion more acutely. Maybe things are not so bad as they seem right at this moment. Everybody has fights with their DH; everybody sometimes feels annoyed and unappreciated and alone sometimes.

As for your family... well, I'm probably the only one on this board who can relate to that!! Most people here probably have Moms that are loving and supportive. But we just have to do without that, Sara, I guess that's the card we drew. I cope with my mother by having very little to do with her. It makes me very sad sometimes, but it's been my reality for so long that it's familiar if nothing else. I've told my mother almost nothing about my efforts to conceive. I did tell her that the doctor told me only IVF would work for me. She just grilled me and grilled me about "why why why"; she didn't so much care about me and my feelings as she was nosy about what is wrong with me. Well, I wasn't going to tell her that DH has problem sperm... I would not invade his privacy like that with people he knows. So I finally told her that I was not going to share those personal details with her. She didn't say much after that and has never mentioned it again. But she hates children so it wouldn't be a topic that would be of much interest to her anyway. I'm sure she is probably relieved to have one less grandchild to worry about. Just the other day my father told me that he and my mother have decided that they don't want me & DH to exchange Christmas gifts with them anymore. "Just think of all the money you'll save" he said. Of course, what he's really thinking about is how much money he'll save, cause that's all he cares about. This should not bother me (they stopped giving me birthday gifts years and years ago... said they spent too much at Christmas to bother with birthday gifts) but of course it did. It felt like an insult, like it was too much trouble to shop for a gift. And they're retired! They have nothing else to do.

But I digress, as usual. I'm just trying to cheer you up by telling you about my wicked dysfunctional family. You are not alone in that regard... that's what I'm trying to say.

What else can I say to cheer you up? Tomorrow is a new day; maybe things won't look so bad. I think you would be a good Mom. A kitty lover has great potential as a Mom. I hope you feel a lot better soon. Drop me a line so I don't worry too much about you.

BCGirl

Closed Thread