It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board

  • Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #16
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Vortex please don't take it personally. I'm not telling you not to eat anything. I'm just giving you information so you can make an informed choice.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
    Vortex773310
    Veteran
    (male)
     
    Vortex773310's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Manchester, England.
    Posts: 328
    Vortex773310 HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    Vortex please don't take it personally. I'm not telling you not to eat anything. I'm just giving you information so you can make an informed choice.
    i do take it personally, because i know your diets work, and will also improve my overall health, i just hate it when u tell me about things we cant eat, because seemingly this suggestion uve given us all is just basicly a simplified vegan diet put into technical terms, we need suggestions on what foods we can eat, what foods are NICE, etc.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:44 PM   #18
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    It is not at all a vegan diet. Vegan diets abstain from meat an animal products. That is all a vegan diet is. It is not a simplified vegan diet. If anything it is more complicated. I'm not telling -you- what you personally or individually can or can't eat. I'm just giving you information. These are the foods that cause acne. In your case it may be only one or two or all of them. In order to heal acne it must be strict, because if you can't tell me what is causing your acne, how can I? So I can't say you will heal if you don't get rid of all of them. I can't say you won't either. I can give you a choice. that is all.

    The first post in "heal your acne from the inside" gives you all the information you need and it is also in various other places on this board such as in the post "timing of breakouts".

    Last edited by prometheus; 01-06-2004 at 12:45 PM.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:48 PM   #19
    Vortex773310
    Veteran
    (male)
     
    Vortex773310's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Manchester, England.
    Posts: 328
    Vortex773310 HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    It is not at all a vegan diet. Vegan diets abstain from meat an animal products. That is all a vegan diet is. It is not a simplified vegan diet. If anything it is more complicated. I'm not telling -you- what you personally or individually can or can't eat. I'm just giving you information. These are the foods that cause acne. In your case it may be only one or two or all of them. In order to heal acne it must be strict, because if you can't tell me what is causing your acne, how can I? So I can't say you will heal if you don't get rid of all of them. I can't say you won't either. I can give you a choice. that is all.

    The first post in "heal your acne from the inside" gives you all the information you need and it is also in various other places on this board such as in the post "timing of breakouts".
    im sorry, im just annoyed, at not being able to eat anything 'Nice', except from apples, basicly, my skin has improoved drasticly i dont know if this is because of your diet, no masterbation, or the multivitamin, and B5 i take..but i think all of this combined = extremely clear skin, i also use topicals, but i mean this diet thing i can follow for a long time, but i mean we alkl have to have a time where we pig out a little on some nice foods? eh?

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #20
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    I always pig out on nice foods. In fact, I'm going to go do that right now.

    Last edited by prometheus; 01-06-2004 at 12:50 PM.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #21
    Vortex773310
    Veteran
    (male)
     
    Vortex773310's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Manchester, England.
    Posts: 328
    Vortex773310 HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    I always pig out on nice foods. In fact, I'm going to go do that right now.
    so why can't we do the same? i have no acne, not since ur diet(they started clearing up the few spots i had after i started it), im just left with scars, but i could breakout anytime i guess, ur lucky u can pig out on nice foods, i don't appreciate the sarcasm and rudeness in that post either, nevertheless, ive had a mixture of brown rice, and white rice, and Crispy Shredded Beef in Pekanese Sauce with Beansprouts for my tea tonight from the chinese food place, so uhmm, YEAH, sorry just had to say that..i seem to have stopped breaking out as of sunday anyway..and my spots have faded away, im just left with scarring now..

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 01:01 PM   #22
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    "so why can't we do the same?"

    You can. And you do.

    the way we interpret things is completely in our control. It is your mind telling you what is and isn't nice and it is your choice to do what you will do in life, even if it is as simple as your meal.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 01:22 PM   #23
    Vortex773310
    Veteran
    (male)
     
    Vortex773310's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Manchester, England.
    Posts: 328
    Vortex773310 HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    "so why can't we do the same?"

    You can. And you do.

    the way we interpret things is completely in our control. It is your mind telling you what is and isn't nice and it is your choice to do what you will do in life, even if it is as simple as your meal.
    i dont do the same as in pig out on whatever foods i wish..and i think that if u do that the oil will come back twice as hard..no matter how 'safe' from it you think you are..

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #24
    mvp81
    Member
    (male)
     
    mvp81's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 85
    mvp81 HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Hi lazloe ,

    I know your pain too well, for me any sexual activity results in increased oil and acne. For some people sexual activity increased in above-normal testosterone production and the result is more oil and more acne.
    I remember having to plan ahead to when i was going to have sex. Dont waste your time with any anitibiotics, they work fine at the beginning but lose their effectiveness and then only harm the body.

    What I did to solve my problem was B5(pantothenic acid),exfoliation,eating healthier, and exercise. For myself, B5 was a godsend. I saw immediate results from it 2-3 days after I started taking it. Now I take 1-2g per day and on days when I am expecting sexual activity I up the dose to about 6-8g per day. You can experiment and see how much you actually need to control the oil production on those days(do a search in this forum on B5, you'll find lots of information). I also use a facial bar soap exfoliator, a papaya enzyme formula. It really exfoliates and I notice it helps keeps my pores clean and greatly reduces any sebum buildup. I notice this bar soap works much better than any BP or salicylic acid face washes Ive used in the past. And to top it off I try to avoid fast food and processed foods as much as I can and try eat more fruits and veggies. Not to mention a good exercise routine. I've been trying to eat healthy and exercise ever since acne came into my life but only saw the major improvements once I started B5 and exfoliating. But good food and exercise can only do the body good so it must be included in any routine.

    lazloe good luck, dont worry you can beat it, just find a routine that works for you

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #25
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    I'll tell you right now, Vortex, I eat whatever I want to, when I want to, how I want to, because I can. We are here to do exactly what we want to do relative to our circumstances or the logos, the divine will of the creator. The reason I have clear skin and my health has improved even though I eat exactly what I want to eat is because I don't want to eat any of the acne causers or things that harm my body. As you speak to me here, and you say you do not eat what you want to eat, well that is not true. Some part of you doesn't want to eat it, otherwise you'd be eating it, because you can. I believe this part is your intellect. So, if your intellect isn't telling you that you want these foods, what part is telling you that you want to eat these foods? Perhaps it is your emotions. Maybe your senses. Perhaps it is your stomach or the familiarity of the taste that you are used to and the emotional comfort in that. These are food cravings and only need to be reprogrammed with your mind. The type of food you crave is directly related to what you are used to eating and tasting everyday. If you ate nothing but snails for two years, chances are you would not be sick of snails, but would actually really like snails and your flesh would crave them. All it is is an adaptive mechanism that you can reprogram yourself over time. I can tell you that I would not find much of any taste enjoyment in some old foods I used to eat. My taste buds have a renewed sensitivity to many things. I simply could not tolerate the super chemical sweetness and richness of some of these foods that many have adapted to liking. True happiness, true comfort, true absence of suffering comes through the alignment of our intellectual wants, with our physical and emotional wants, with our spiritual wants, and with the allowance of our circumstances/submission to the divine will of the creator. When there is strife between any of these, say for instance the fleshly desires and the spiritual desires, then there is problems. Now, we covered what type but what about how much? When I say I consider eating a macrobiotic cookie that has gluten in it a splurge, I really do mean it. It is thoroughly satiating as any splurge can be. It seems moderate, or even strict, but to me it isn't. Why? Because splurge is a mental idea, not a physical entity. Take cookies for example. One person may splurge and eat a whole box of cookies, while another person may splurge and eat two or three. Both have splurged and both have gotten the pure emotional enjoyment and satiation that comes from the act of splurging. Both are equally satiated, but both have eaten different amounts. So we can't say satiation is objective and relative to the amount of the food eaten. The amount necessary is not determined by your body, but by your mind and it is completely relative to our circumstance and what we are used to. As a mental concept, it is completely within our control. Take a person locked in a jail cell in Sri Lanka. This person has been fed raw fish heads for fifteen years. He thoroughly enjoys eating fishheads. Moreover, he finds pleasure simply in tracing labyrinths into the dirt on the jail cell floor. He only gets to see the sunlight once a week. What do you think that sunlight means to that person..the enjoyment that he gets from seeing the sun only once a week? Do you think it is the same enjoyment that a person who sees the sun everyday has? Not likely. Most people would call this taking things for granted. It doesn't have to be that way, though. Our enjoyment of things is completely within our control. More people should stop and realize and enjoy. Do exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it, how you want to do it, when you can, and as long as you make sure all aspects of your will(mental, physical,spiritual) are one together in alignment with the will of the creator, then you will be happy and you won't find this at all painful. If you do, and you think you are constantly denying yourself, it will not last long. I had fleshly cravings that needed to be realigned, and I was only able to do this through the power of God and fasting. When I was just starting out I realized that there are substitutes for everything. While you can look for substitutes that approximate the taste and texture you are used to, you only need to rearrange your mental associations. If there was a food that I mentally associated with celebration, for instance, or relaxation, I could take that mental association of celebrating or relaxation and apply it to any other food, such as tea, that I could eat, or even some activity not related to food at all. This is how you realign everything in the pursuit of happiness and success.

    Last edited by prometheus; 01-06-2004 at 06:19 PM.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #26
    lazloe
    Junior Member
     
    lazloe's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 13
    lazloe HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mvp81
    Hi lazloe ,

    I know your pain too well, for me any sexual activity results in increased oil and acne. For some people sexual activity increased in above-normal testosterone production and the result is more oil and more acne.
    I remember having to plan ahead to when i was going to have sex. Dont waste your time with any anitibiotics, they work fine at the beginning but lose their effectiveness and then only harm the body.

    What I did to solve my problem was B5(pantothenic acid),exfoliation,eating healthier, and exercise. For myself, B5 was a godsend. I saw immediate results from it 2-3 days after I started taking it. Now I take 1-2g per day and on days when I am expecting sexual activity I up the dose to about 6-8g per day. You can experiment and see how much you actually need to control the oil production on those days(do a search in this forum on B5, you'll find lots of information). I also use a facial bar soap exfoliator, a papaya enzyme formula. It really exfoliates and I notice it helps keeps my pores clean and greatly reduces any sebum buildup. I notice this bar soap works much better than any BP or salicylic acid face washes Ive used in the past. And to top it off I try to avoid fast food and processed foods as much as I can and try eat more fruits and veggies. Not to mention a good exercise routine. I've been trying to eat healthy and exercise ever since acne came into my life but only saw the major improvements once I started B5 and exfoliating. But good food and exercise can only do the body good so it must be included in any routine.

    lazloe good luck, dont worry you can beat it, just find a routine that works for you
    Thank you, that was very reassuring and heart warming. I've one huge problem right now, and that is that I'm a wrestler. Wrestling, with the face-to-matt grinding, the head hitting, the crossfaces, etc is probably the worst thing I'm doing right now for my skin, but hey, I love the sport. As soon as wrestling ends (end of february) I'll be so happy.

    B5, a vitamin, I guess? Thanks for the help.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #27
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    ErimusValidus's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Oxford, UK
    Posts: 1,155
    ErimusValidus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    I think Vortex is trying to say that you're making it sound almost sinful or ignorant to desire foods such as bread that up until a few weeks ago we all thought were perfectly fine to eat. It might be easy for you to renounce the foods that you believe to cause acne, prometheus, but it's not that simple for everyone. I really admire your determination and belief in your dietary changes. But do you ever consider that maybe you've got a much less addictive personality than most people? Whereas you can mentally substitute one "bad" foodstuff for a "good" one, maybe for others there is no substitute.

    For instance, you mentioned cookies. To me there is nothing on this earth like a freshly baked double chocolate cookie. The textures, the taste, the smell, the warmth . . . they cannot be replaced by anything. And even though I know that as soon as I've eaten that cookie I will regret it from a health point of view, the satisfaction derived from eating it is second to none. Similarly, when I crave fresh pineapple, there's nothing to compare with the experience of eating that, either.

    Basically, I think Vortex is trying to get across the idea that you need to appreciate the sacrifices he's making even though, to you, they are insignificant in light of the bigger picture. Reprogramming one's cravings cannot happen overnight. Nor will it happen in months or years. The human capacity for sensory memory is so great that I could describe the taste of something nice I ate ten years ago, because when I ate it I enjoyed it. You can't reprogram that.

    I also disagree with your snail theory. Just because people were forced to ration food in war time didn't mean they carried on eating rations in peace time. Indeed, they embraced all the foods that they had missed for so long and indulged in them. I have that information first-hand from my Grandmother.
    __________________
    I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #28
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    "I think Vortex is trying to say that you're making it sound almost sinful or ignorant to desire foods such as bread that up until a few weeks ago we all thought were perfectly fine to eat."

    I am not making anything sound like anything. If I didn't say it or imply it, then that is the way you interpret it, which I can't control. If your interpretation bothers you, or if Vortex's interpretation bothers him, then change it.

    "Basically, I think Vortex is trying to get across the idea that you need to appreciate the sacrifices he's making "

    No I don't need to appreciate it, Jhart. The person who needs to appreciate any sacrifices believed to be made is the person making them and if they are made for another person, that person should appreciate it, yes. You are not doing it for me; Vortex isn't doing it for me. (if you are you are doing it for the wrong reason and it won't last). That is not my part here. I'm only giving you or Vortex information. It is not important to me whether or not you use it, just that you have it available. Personally, the only thing I believe I have sacrificed is ill health and acne. Not too big of a sacrifice.

    "even though, to you, they are insignificant in light of the bigger picture. "

    I never said they were insignificant in light of the bigger picture. Quite the opposite. Any little change over time will help you or Vortex on the way to health and acne free skin, if that is what you are working towards, but the principle works on any effort.

    "I also disagree with your snail theory. Just because people were forced to ration food in war time didn't mean they carried on eating rations in peace time. Indeed, they embraced all the foods that they had missed for so long and indulged in them. I have that information first-hand from my Grandmother."

    Caged animals prefer to remain in cages. People who are freed from jail prefer to live like they did in jail. They may have appeared to enjoy the foods they once never had on army rations, but a lot of military people are still militant and do not properly readapt to a civilian way of life.

    Last edited by prometheus; 01-06-2004 at 07:03 PM.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #29
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    Besides Jhart, all these things are perfectly fine to eat depending on what you want to achieve. I'm not telling anyone not to eat anything or that they are sinning, as if I know the divine will of the creator. I don't want anyone to suffer and I want everyone to do exactly what they want to do. I want everyone to be happy. I share information here that has helped me heal my acne and the acne of others. If you use it, great. If you don't, great. Why? because that is your choice.

     
    Old 01-06-2004, 07:40 PM   #30
    prometheus
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 1,034
    prometheus HB User
    Re: Masturbation and <my> Acne (I'm positive there is a link)

    "But do you ever consider that maybe you've got a much less addictive personality than most people? Whereas you can mentally substitute one "bad" foodstuff for a "good" one, maybe for others there is no substitute. "


    Yes I do have a much less addictive personality than most people. Some of the reasons why I do not long for the sensory pleasure of a double chocolate cookie is because I know it would not taste like I remember it tasting because of how different and sensitive my tastebuds are now. It wouldn't be that great. One of the other reasons is because I have a really poor memory. Things for me just fade away. Knowledge and information comes out of no where. There are things that come easier to me than to others. Likewise, there are things that are more difficult for me to do than for others. I'm not telling you how easy or how difficult something is going to be by telling you how to do it or how I did it. Someone can show me the way but in the end I'm the one who is going to have to walk it. This comment or question as to whether or not I consider that I have a much less addictive personality isn't really important here because I have nothing to do with it. And I learned early on that having expectations leads to suffering. So I don't expect anything of anyone else, and even sometimes myself. I'm not expecting it to be easy for you, or anyone else, or you to even try it, so my happiness or appreciation doesn't really rest upon it.

    All I want you to do is exactly what you want to do.

    Last edited by prometheus; 01-06-2004 at 07:44 PM.

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!