It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Tazorac..need some advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
    SMT12483
    (female)

SMT12483 HB User
    Tazorac..need some advice

Well I am have been trying to cure my "bumpy" acne for a while now, by bumpy I mean I have a lot of skin colored bumps all over my face. I tried Paula's Choice products and Differin and decided to stop both and now I am using Erythromycin and a BP each night. I have been doing this since about November and it has kept my skin consistently "okay" but not cured it by any means. My derm decided to prescribe Tazorac .5% cream for me and she told me to use it three nights a week. I am very nervous to start using it, part of me thinks I should just stick with what I am doing it, since it is a mild topical maybe it just takes longer to work. Part of me thinks I will use the Tazorac three nights a week and also maybe only spot treat it, for example just use it on my forehead to see how my face reacts. Does anyone have any advice? Also can I still use my BP on my face when I use the Tazorac or would that be too harsh? Thanks for any advice.

Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
    CourtneyIAM

CourtneyIAM HB User
    Re: Tazorac..need some advice

I was on Tazorac for awhile, and I really think that it could do more for your 'bumpy' acne than the BP. BP is more for active pimples and such, to kill the bacteria; it does not open up your pores. Tazorac is more for blackheads and acne such as yours, where the pores just need to be opened so all the junk can get out. I'm no dermo, but I think you should stop using BP for awhile, or use it only on active pimples...Just use the Tazorac for awhile and see how you like it. It DOES take some getting use to, but in the long run I think you'll like it. If it seems too strong for you, ask your derm for Finacea the next time you are in. This stuff works wonders for me at clearing up blackheads and the small skin colored bumps that you describe. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #3
    LuckyStar1

LuckyStar1 HB User
    Re: Tazorac..need some advice

I agree with Courtney. Tazorac works wonders for blackheads/whiteheads and those skin colored bumps. I am currently on Tazorac .1% and have been on it since mid October. Everysince I started using the medication, my annoying and stubborn black/white heads have almost magically vanished. My face is almost 100% clear and it hasn't been clear since jr high! (im in college now) I am also on Duac gel to kill the bacteria and that also is working great for me. I really think you should give Tazorac a chance. It really opens your pores to rid the bumps/blackheads/etc. It was strong stuff though, it my cause irritation. My derm. suggested applying it for 5 minutes each night and then washing it off. that seems to work best for me. I wish you the best of luck!

Closed Thread