It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• L-Theanine - useful for ADHD and Anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2003, 10:28 AM   #16
    szarkam

szarkam HB User
    Re: L-Theanine - useful for ADHD and Anxiety?

Some positive is a good sign - hang in there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #17
    rphulsey

rphulsey HB User

well I have another update. My son has been on L-Theanine for about six weeks now and it looks as if we are seeing some positive results. On his last report card he brought home low C's in reading, language, math and social studies. I mean from 70-73, barely passing. We got his progress report for this six weeks and in them four subject he has brought them up to B's ranging form 82-87. When I first looked at it I thought is was my older son's and then I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He is in 3rd grade and it has been a struggle from day one. Right now we are seeing good things and I hope it is just the start. We have been giving him on capsule in the morning along with fish oil supplement. The coromega, an orange pudding substance. I just wanted to share my news and hope that it might help others!!

Old 01-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #18
    szarkam

szarkam HB User

That is really good news. I think a lot of these things take a few weeks to kick in. The same thing happened with my daughter and Becalm'd it took about 6-7 weeks to kick in, but we are seeing good results - too bad it is so expensive.

Old 01-29-2004, 09:12 AM   #19
    Palms1
    Inactive

Palms1 HB User

Has the teacher also noticed the improvement in your son? Did your son have any behaviour issues at school, that are now changing for the better? I am the one who started this post about L-Theanine and I've bought it for my son, but never started him on it. Your post sounds encouraging and I will not wait any longer to start my son on it. I am just wondering if it would also help with hyperactivity and impulsiveness.

Old 01-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #20
    rphulsey

rphulsey HB User

Yes the teachers have noticed a difference in his ability to stay focused on his work. I guess my son didn't have a problem with being impulsive. I mean I never heard the teacher mention that as being a problem at school and I know at home he isn't that way. His main problem is being able to sit still and stay focused. Now with these two supplements he is taking it is getting better. I can tell you that we are only giving him one capsule a day in the morning. The bottle we have states that you can give one capsule, three times a day. I wanted to start off with just one capsule and see what effects it would have on him. I have noticed that in the afternoons when he gets home from school he has a little more energy. I don't know if it is just wearing off or if he is just being a kid that is letting loose from being still all day in class. And what I mean by letting loose in running around outside sometimes inside, haha Basicly being a kid and playing. But he can still come inside and settle down to do his homework which on a daily bases consist of math, spelling and reading for 30-45min. Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:08 PM   #21
    szarkam

szarkam HB User

what exactly did you buy? I am looing for something that isn't as expensive as Becalm'd - evne though I am reluctant to switch since we have had positive progress with the becalm'd, but I would like to have an alternative.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:55 PM   #22
    Palms1
    Inactive

Palms1 HB User

It is just called L-Theanine. You can get it in the health food stores or just type in L-Theanine in your search engine and buy it online.

Old 01-30-2004, 04:49 AM   #23
    szarkam

szarkam HB User

Thanks, I will look into, still not sure if I want to try something new at this point.

Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #24
    lvmykids

lvmykids HB User

My 8 year old son is a worrier. Does the L-Theanine seem to help with this?

Closed Thread