It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Fat grafting and lipo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #1
    ThinkAbit

ThinkAbit HB User
    Unhappy Fat grafting and lipo

I had an overfill of fat grafting on my lower cheeks and now I want it OUT! I cannot stand the way it looks on my face. I am so depressed and scared I will never get my face back.
    Has anyone had lipo on their face from an overfill or just to get rid of excess fat? And can this be removed? What is the best way? Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ThinkAbit For This Useful Post:
    dolorosa (07-08-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
    danya

danya HB User
    Re: Fat grafting and lipo

Has anyone had lipo on their face from an overfill or just to get rid of excess fat? And can this be removed? What is the best way? Thanks.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

How long has it been? Most doctors overfill the fat injected area because only about 30% of the fat remains. It takes about three weeks to start looking normal.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #3
    ThinkAbit

ThinkAbit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danya
    Has anyone had lipo on their face from an overfill or just to get rid of excess fat? And can this be removed? What is the best way? Thanks.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    How long has it been? Most doctors overfill the fat injected area because only about 30% of the fat remains. It takes about three weeks to start looking normal.[/QUOTE]

It's been 5 MONTHS. He used the overfill method but the fat was placed too low in the cheeks. I'm so upset at the way I look. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 02-05-2004, 01:48 PM   #4
    danya

danya HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkAbit
    How long has it been? Most doctors overfill the fat injected area because only about 30% of the fat remains. It takes about three weeks to start looking normal.
    It's been 5 MONTHS. He used the overfill method but the fat was placed too low in the cheeks. I'm so upset at the way I look. Any suggestions? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I have heard that liposuction of the cheek area has been done to give a sculptured look but that in later years women have ended up looking much too thin. I am certainly no expert but it sounds like a mistake on the surgeon's part and you may not want to consider that person as the one to make any corrections. What has he/she said to you about the problem? I have had fat injections in my upper cheeks twice to correct bagginess. While it was overfilled, I looked normal after about three weeks. Five months is a long time and if your body holds onto the fat grafting well, it could be there for a long time. I wonder if someone more expert could correct the problem with a small liposuction cannula. I recently had fat taken out of the neck area and it looks good but I know that is certainly different that the cheeks. This is a very hard situation you are dealing with.

Old 02-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
    ThinkAbit

ThinkAbit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danya
    It's been 5 MONTHS. He used the overfill method but the fat was placed too low in the cheeks. I'm so upset at the way I look. Any suggestions? Thanks
    I have heard that liposuction of the cheek area has been done to give a sculptured look but that in later years women have ended up looking much too thin. I am certainly no expert but it sounds like a mistake on the surgeon's part and you may not want to consider that person as the one to make any corrections. What has he/she said to you about the problem? I have had fat injections in my upper cheeks twice to correct bagginess. While it was overfilled, I looked normal after about three weeks. Five months is a long time and if your body holds onto the fat grafting well, it could be there for a long time. I wonder if someone more expert could correct the problem with a small liposuction cannula. I recently had fat taken out of the neck area and it looks good but I know that is certainly different that the cheeks. This is a very hard situation you are dealing with.[/QUOTE]

I am seeing Dr Donofrio in CT to lipo the fat out. She is conservative but apparently has corrected overfills before. I'm curious to know who did your f/g to the cheeks and what method was used? Has it lasted long?
    Thanks.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
    danya

danya HB User

Dr. Dan Bennett in Kansas City did my cheeks to correct a congenital problem with regards to a crease on both sides of my face about one and 1/2 inches under my eyes. He overfilled both sides and then did laser resurfacing of the crease. He added a bit more fat the following year to perfect the area. I just look much less tired and a bit like I have higher cheek bones. It has been one year since the last grafting and it looks good. I think it is very, very sad that your previous surgeon did not bend over backwards to make sure you were pleased with the results. It's amazing that people like that are still in business. I hope your new Dr. can correct the situation for you.

Closed Thread