It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Has anyone tried Cosmedix?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User
    Has anyone tried Cosmedix?

Our GP now has an aesthetician on her staff and has gone with Cosmedix skin care treatments and products. She thinks they're very good obviously. Maybe better than my beloved Biomedic products. Has anyone tried these products? I purchased their acne supplement and a serum

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User
    Re: Has anyone tried Cosmedix?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skimom
    Our GP now has an aesthetician on her staff and has gone with Cosmedix skin care treatments and products. She thinks they're very good obviously. Maybe better than my beloved Biomedic products. Has anyone tried these products? I purchased their acne supplement and a serum
    Hey,
    Cosmedix is a Chiral Skin Care line. Actually these companies prefer to go under the name of Cosmeceuticals I believe. Anyway, I've only tried one item by them and it was the D-Oil. It had a fragrance to it that I didn't like so I stopped using it. I didn't use it very long and only chose it because it had ingredient similar to the acne fighter (which was a Dry-Lo type product).

Personally I love Chiral Products. If I'm not buying 100% "natural" skin care, then it's usually a scientifically based Chrally correct formulation. The rule of them is that because they are using either the L- or D- form of the product ingredient, it is supposed to be more effective and with less - no side effects (just like in supplements). Therefore most products tend to feel really gentle. There's close to 2 dozen companies out there now. I first discovered this line 3 or 4 years ago with a company formerly known as [email protected] I never purchased their products because I thought it was expensive and I was afraid of putting shea butter on my skin. Well I was already paying $30 for a cleanser that was good, but still stripping my skin (Sage and DDFs) so why not?

Now I use IsoCare ([email protected]) skin care products. I started with the 3 piece Skin Control system, but now I mainly use just the Cleanser. The Gel moisturizer is great, antibacterial, and decreases hyperpigmentation and encourages healing. The toner took some getting used to. It's actually really strong (don't spray it) so I only ever spot treated with it. I've been using their products for over 2 years now and the cleanser is the BEST I've ever used. It cleans, leaves my skin with a glow, and doesn't strip it. Of course it doesn't get rid of much eye makeup (unless you use more). I don't wear full face makeup so a 4oz bottle lasts me 4 months.

If you are interested in this line of products, some companies offer samples or trial packs. I know that Cosmedix used to have one and I know that IsoCare, Sircuit, and Mychelle do. After awhile, you'll notice that they all tend to use the same ingredients...but the products usually naturally smell great! So all you just have to pick a company that your skin likes best =)

Old 02-05-2004, 09:35 PM   #3
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Are these the ingredients in your products?

Clarity Acne Serum
    Willowherb Extract, L-Retinol AGP, D-Cholic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Stone Root Extract, Aloe Vera, DHEA

Clarity Acne Supplement
    Vitamin A, E, B-6, Calcium, Zinc, Copper, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil.

See what I mean about the D or L? Since the serum has DHEA, but has other great ingredients, let me know how your skin reacts to it? I hope more than favorably =)

Old 02-05-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SweetJade1
    Are these the ingredients in your products?

Clarity Acne Serum
    Willowherb Extract, L-Retinol AGP, D-Cholic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Stone Root Extract, Aloe Vera, DHEA

Clarity Acne Supplement
    Vitamin A, E, B-6, Calcium, Zinc, Copper, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil.

See what I mean about the D or L? Since the serum has DHEA, but has other great ingredients, let me know how your skin reacts to it? I hope more than favorably =)
    SweetJade - those are the exact 2 products I bought this week. How did you know that?

Old 02-06-2004, 06:05 AM   #5
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

LOL...I have a huge list of Chiral Companies and where to purchase them in my Favorites folder. The internet is a really amazing thing ;-)

Old 02-06-2004, 06:47 AM   #6
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SweetJade1
    LOL...I have a huge list of Chiral Companies and where to purchase them in my Favorites folder. The internet is a really amazing thing ;-)

OK, well I thought that was spooky because out of your huge list you chose the only two I just bought. Are you familiar with Biomedic products? How do you think they compare? I know there not "chiral". That's a new term for me.

Old 02-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #7
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

LOL, it's really no great mystery there. You said you bought the Acne Supplement, so I figured you probably bought the Acne serum, even though you only mentioned the word 'serum'. ;-)

As for Biomedic, have you ever heard of Philosphy? Well the founder of Biomedic is the creator of Philosophy! The only thing I've ever used is the Skin Lightener and it was OK. Although women like to use the Biomedic Vit. C crystal powder. They mix it in with their lotion for added antioxidant,healing, and collagen building properties. Otherwise,the only other thing I know is that Biomedic has some peels and products that are professional strength and are for clincal use only. If you do a search, you'll find stores that sell Biomedic so you can check the ingredients. Maybe if you visit a Review Site, you can get others opinons on this line.

Take care =)

Old 02-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #8
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

We've been into biomedic for a long time and my daughter has the peels and uses the products. Since she's been less than perfect lately and my doctor's office has started using Cosmedix I was wondering if I should switch her over and try them. Also wondering if chiral products would automatically be better just because of the way they are made. I'm actually getting pretty tired of shelling out the mega bucks for this problem so I've been investigating hormonal control lately (birth control pills.) Thanks for you help.

Closed Thread