It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Birth Control pills and acne....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2004, 06:00 AM   #16
    elsie9191

elsie9191 HB User
    Re: Birth Control pills and acne....

I gained a little bit of weight(3-4 lbs.) on OTC, but I am very solid, athletic, eat like a farm hand (but healthy) and am not really sure if OTC had anything to do with it or not! My sister is built like a ballerina and didn't gain an ounce.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2004, 06:14 AM   #17
    uniquejp

uniquejp HB User

does yasmin have a low occurance of side effects? how well does it help with acne?

Old 02-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #18
    mesha690

mesha690 HB User

I was recently put on Yasmine 28 this has helped my acne. It is also linked to a 5 pound weight loss instead of the weight gain that is typical of the others. I am really satisfied with it. This is the only brand that I've tried so I can't say anything else about the others. I'd ask your OBGYN about it though.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #19
    Laurenmarie179

Laurenmarie179 HB User
    Talking Re: Birth Control pills and acne....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mesha690
    I was recently put on Yasmine 28 this has helped my acne. It is also linked to a 5 pound weight loss instead of the weight gain that is typical of the others. I am really satisfied with it. This is the only brand that I've tried so I can't say anything else about the others. I'd ask your OBGYN about it though.
    Mesha,
    How long did it take for yasmin to work for you? I have heard a lot of sucess from this, so I am on it myself. I have heard it can take up to five months for optimal results (although usually sooner, like 3 months)...I am on my 8th week...My skin/hair is much less oily, my back acne has cleared but my face seems to go through more clear/bad breakout moments--where as prior to yasmin i had to clear moments. I'll have beautiful skin for a week or two then get the worst breakout ever--like now.

I'm going to give it 6 months though actually because its not making things worse and this is my last resort before accutane--also, aside from the fact it may help w/ acne, i do love yasmin so far and have lost weight on it as well

Old 02-09-2004, 05:29 AM   #20
    uniquejp

uniquejp HB User

has anyone had any horrible side effects with it? i got to the dr today in a couple of hrs.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:17 PM   #21
    MoonOverMarin
    (female)

MoonOverMarin HB User

I'm thinking about going on Yasmin because I am convinced my moderate acne is hormonal.

I don't have health insurance, so I paid $40 per derm visit. I haven't gone for a year and a half, but I want to make an appointment. Do derms prescribe birth control pills? Or do I have to go to the doctor for that?

I tried Ortho-Tricyclen about 2 years ago. A gynecologist recommended it. I don't know whether it was the pills, or the Pro-Active that I was using at the same time that made me break out on the side of my mouth, and the marks took forever to fade. I was only on Ortho-Tricyclen for 3 weeks, but the breakout was worse than anything I had before, so I quit taking them immediately.

Closed Thread