It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• very scared about MS, any thoughts?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
    SandyGirl

SandyGirl HB User
    very scared about MS, any thoughts?

I have visited this board before, but at the time I was thinking my symptoms were more Lupus related. I have had all the Lupus blood work done and the only thing that came up positive was my Rheumatoid factor. My symptoms have been non-stop & getting worse for over a month now. I have had tingling & numbness in my legs & feet for a couple of years that I blamed on the way I sit. But starting in November the "not feeling good" began. It started with swollen lymph nodes in my neck & behind ears also in groin. Then I would wake up with my hands arms legs & feet tingling/numb (hands are swollen in the morning, can get rings off!) Little muscle spams (not painful) ALL OVER. Weakness started in left arm like "dead arm" buttoning a shirt takes extra effort. Numbness in right thumb, now feeling of weakness in both arms, with a cold feeling running through. Arm is fatigued just holding it on my desk to type, I want to keep it at my side, facial numbness on right side from ear to under jaw, its not obvious when I smile though. I get SEVERE nausea which I don't see people complaining of this symptom with MS, but I don't throw up, just feel very nauses. I have lost 10 pounds, and have an average body temp of 96.8. I have muscle pain in various places, but most recent was in left arm, so bad from under arm pit going down that I took myself to the ER, and they said that there was nothing they could do but give me pain meds. I went for an MRI of the brain today (with & w/out contrast) and I am terrified of what they are going to find. I am also going for an MRI of the spine tomorrow. I went to an eye doctor because of the constant dizzy feeling & bumping into things, thinking maybe I need glasses, but no. And I do not have optic nueritis, but I have had blurry/focus problems reguardless. I have been having back pain, neck pain and various joint pains (in fingers too), bad headaches, and brain fog. I am not functioning at work because I just can't when my face or arm goes numb! The facial numbness is not complete, I can feel my face if I put my finger on it or scratch it, it just feels "different". Oh also, CONSTANT RINGING IN MY EARS.
    I know this post is "all over the palce with my scattered symptoms, but I am wriing them as I think which is not easy to do these days. Do my symptoms sound characterisitc of MS? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I await my results, Also, would any blood work come back abnormal?
    Sandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #2
    Jewel2
    Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
    Re: very scared about MS, any thoughts?

Hi Sandy,
    I'm sorry you are dealing with so many symptoms. A lot of them do sound like MS, but I would wait until you have the results of your MRI and a consultation with your doctor before assuming you have MS.

As far as the nausea, it could be related to the dizziness you're experiencing. My daughter suffers regularly from vertigo and gets nauseated and vomits when the vertigo gets bad.

I don't know a lot about bloodwork results and MS. My daughter's bloodwork is always normal. Testing the blood could show other problems that aren't MS related but may cause some of the symptoms, so it's an important part of an MS diagnosis.

Wishing you the best,
    Julie

Old 02-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
    Nuf

Nuf HB User

Has your doctor ruled out RA and Fibromyalgia? Are you taking any medications that could produce a couple of the symptoms as side effects.

QUOTE=Jewel2]Hi Sandy,
    I'm sorry you are dealing with so many symptoms. A lot of them do sound like MS, but I would wait until you have the results of your MRI and a consultation with your doctor before assuming you have MS.

As far as the nausea, it could be related to the dizziness you're experiencing. My daughter suffers regularly from vertigo and gets nauseated and vomits when the vertigo gets bad.

I don't know a lot about bloodwork results and MS. My daughter's bloodwork is always normal. Testing the blood could show other problems that aren't MS related but may cause some of the symptoms, so it's an important part of an MS diagnosis.

Wishing you the best,
    Julie[/QUOTE]

Old 09-22-2004, 11:31 AM   #4
    Iwantacure

Iwantacure HB User

My aunt saw on T.V that MRI can cause cancer. Anybody knows about that?

Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
    californiasunflower
    Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

Iwantacure--I don't know that MS can cause cancer. I think the link may be that MS is considered autoimmune. Once your immune system is down your likely to be more susceptible to others, even cancer. Read book Blindsided by Richard Cohen. He has MS and cancer.

Hey SandyGirl! I can relate to you. I've been through the same as you. Door #1, Door#2, Door #3 and so on. With #1 being MS, #2 being Lupus, and #3 being APS and more.

Hang in there. I've been enduring this for sometime now and no dx yet but committed doc to find it. I understand that you don't want MS. My fingers are crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Hi Julie (Jewel)--hope all is well and miss our friends Heather and Kim! Doing okay.

Closed Thread