It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Neuropathy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
    abbygirl2
    Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User
    Neuropathy

I have read a few posts and am learning plenty. I am in the middle of testing and won't know all my results till March 11 but just thought I would see what you all thought.
    I have had mild tingling in the extremeties for years. It has slowly gotten worse and now I am at a point where it is taking over my life. I seem to always have a mild tingling throughout my body. If I sit(ie. at the computer) my feet and hands get extremely tingly and have to stop and massage them and change positions constantly. I am getting clumsy and it seems to take me longer to complete small intricate tasks, like typing, sewing etc.
    At night, my arms get tingly almost immediately and on occassion my hands will go completely numb-no blood circulating through them. I have to slap them and stretch them to get the blood flowing through them again. I have weak muscles in arms and legs, sometimes to the extreme where I can barely walk.
    I have a burning tingling pain in my right shoulder blade and general tingling across my back.
    I have some other symptoms but will stop here. I understand that neuropathy is not in itself a disease yet a description of symtpoms. However I do not know what symptoms fall under neuropathy. Would only tingling/numbness and pain be neuropathy or could you have other symptoms like warm feelings in your back or other areas, dizziness etc? I see a cardiologist yearly and he claims I have fine circulation yet why do I lose blood flow in my hands at night?
    Oh, I don't have a lot of pain, but do have stiffness and am extremely stiff in the a.m, which gets better as I move around. I also have a lot of back/spine pain.
    I am going to ask if my Dr checked for B12 def.
    Any thought would be appreciated,
    Thanks

Abbygirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #2
    injured betty
    Inactive
    (female)

injured betty HB User
    Re: Neuropathy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abbygirl2
    I have read a few posts and am learning plenty. I am in the middle of testing and won't know all my results till March 11 but just thought I would see what you all thought.
    I have had mild tingling in the extremeties for years. It has slowly gotten worse and now I am at a point where it is taking over my life. I seem to always have a mild tingling throughout my body. If I sit(ie. at the computer) my feet and hands get extremely tingly and have to stop and massage them and change positions constantly. I am getting clumsy and it seems to take me longer to complete small intricate tasks, like typing, sewing etc.
    At night, my arms get tingly almost immediately and on occassion my hands will go completely numb-no blood circulating through them. I have to slap them and stretch them to get the blood flowing through them again. I have weak muscles in arms and legs, sometimes to the extreme where I can barely walk.
    I have a burning tingling pain in my right shoulder blade and general tingling across my back.
    I have some other symptoms but will stop here. I understand that neuropathy is not in itself a disease yet a description of symtpoms. However I do not know what symptoms fall under neuropathy. Would only tingling/numbness and pain be neuropathy or could you have other symptoms like warm feelings in your back or other areas, dizziness etc? I see a cardiologist yearly and he claims I have fine circulation yet why do I lose blood flow in my hands at night?
    Oh, I don't have a lot of pain, but do have stiffness and am extremely stiff in the a.m, which gets better as I move around. I also have a lot of back/spine pain.
    I am going to ask if my Dr checked for B12 def.
    Any thought would be appreciated,
    Thanks

Abbygirl
    You might want to research Carpel Tunnel. Are you cutting off the blood flow to your legs or hands at the bend, say at the wrist or knee? Do your legs fall asleep? When you are sitting there at your computer typing are you ergonomically correct? i.e. a pad to rest your arms on, arms at the right height, split keyboard?

It could be a matter of cutting off blood flow or it could be that it has happened for so long that you now have swollen tunnels where the nerves fo through such as in Carpel Tunnel. If that is the case you might want to pick up a brace, wear it for awhile and see if that helps.

Old 03-03-2004, 03:30 AM   #3
    riceneuroni
    Veteran

riceneuroni HB User

Hi, I can't offer any explanations or help with understanding your symptoms, but I wanted to welcome you aboard and wish you the best finding your cure. Maybe on the 11th you'll have your answers.

This can be a good place to develop a support network. If the doc's come up completely blank then you'll have to start looking on your own for answers. Don't just get discouraged if they do. I've met lots of folks through here that are cured from their own wherewithall.

I hope you'll stay around and let us know what they come up with. We're here to support no matter what.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #4
    abbygirl2
    Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Thanks for the info, and the welcome. It could very well be cutting off of blood supply, when my hand/s lose all blood flow I usually have had them beneath me or my pillow(which I know is bad for blood flow). The tingling on the other hand is pretty constant all day, no matter what I am doing, I just find it much worse when sitting etc. I feel a mess, but am learning so much from reading other people's posts. I will probably hang around awhile, and will let you all know how my app. goes. Thanks

Abbygirl

Closed Thread