It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• How do I get Jessica Simpson curls?! Any ideas??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2004, 09:38 AM   #1
    PinKeLLe
    (female)

PinKeLLe HB User
    How do I get Jessica Simpson curls?! Any ideas??

I am a regular 'Newlyweds' watcher. I love Jessica's hair, clothes, EVERYTHING! The new style of curly hair seems to be the big spiral curls. I have long hair and I use the big curling iron but the curls just don't stay in. Any ideas of what to use to get the curls to stay? I was watching last night and before they started curling her hair, they were rubbing something through her hair but I don't know what. If anyone can achieve these curls in their hair, please let me know how you do it! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #2
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User
    Re: How do I get Jessica Simpson curls?! Any ideas??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PinKeLLe
    I am a regular 'Newlyweds' watcher. I love Jessica's hair, clothes, EVERYTHING! The new style of curly hair seems to be the big spiral curls. I have long hair and I use the big curling iron but the curls just don't stay in. Any ideas of what to use to get the curls to stay? I was watching last night and before they started curling her hair, they were rubbing something through her hair but I don't know what. If anyone can achieve these curls in their hair, please let me know how you do it! Thanks!

I'd love to know too because her hair is GORGEOUS!! I love the color too and I wonder how in the world her blond is so blond...and how she keeps it that way because I always turn brassy!! She is beautiful!! When I try to curl my hair...it does NOT look like that...mine is all clumpy on the ends and flat at the root...

Old 03-05-2004, 08:25 AM   #3
    Blue-eyedBelle
    Senior Veteran

Blue-eyedBelle HB User

My stylist told me to spray each section of hair with hairspray right before curling (he suggested Sebastian's Shaper) to get the curls to hold. Then when you're finished, you just run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls a little.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue-eyedBelle
    My stylist told me to spray each section of hair with hairspray right before curling (he suggested Sebastian's Shaper) to get the curls to hold. Then when you're finished, you just run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls a little.
    That does not work. I've tried that.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #5
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abbey32

It depends on the type of hair you have. I have thick hair, wavy, frizzy hair if I don't use the curling iron I will have flat frizzy hair...GO figure!
    After I blowdry (using sculpting mousse)
    Then I hairspray sections using any cheap hair spray and use the curling iron and I can get lots of curls like Jessica...BUT...I can't get the look of
    Jennifer Aniston no matter how I try...I have come close but not perfect like hers...It depends on your hair type. Have you tried the large hot rollers?
    Don't use Gel because it weights down your hair if it's thick..I wish the Big Hair was back in style because my hair is so easy to tease and I can let it go wild and big..LOL

Let's not forget too - these are movie / singing stars who have stylists do their hair for them during public appearance. I too agree, her hair color it's beautiful but again she's spending lots and lots of money for that look for us to copy...Your best bet is to find a good Hair Salon and someone you can trust.

Hope this helps...

Old 03-05-2004, 01:52 PM   #6
    Blue-eyedBelle
    Senior Veteran

Blue-eyedBelle HB User

Quote:
    Like GirlHarley said - depends upon your hair type. My dd has thick, naturally curly (soft curls) hair & I have thick, wavy hair - we can both get those type of curls with hairspray & a curling iron. I guess if your hair is fine & straight, it would be more difficult. Jessica's hair looks as if it's thick & wavy /curly to begin with, so it's probably easy to coax into that style.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:30 PM   #7
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

Yes, my hair is stick straight and fine but lots of it. It's long too. I have used the hot rollers too and they only give me curl on the ends too. Big floppy ones with no curl near the roots. I do have a pretty good hairdresser. She does my highlights amazing but they fade after a month...that's my problem. No shampoo has helped yet.

Old 03-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
    Blue-eyedBelle
    Senior Veteran

Blue-eyedBelle HB User

Quote:
    Yes, my hair is stick straight and fine but lots of it. It's long too. I have used the hot rollers too and they only give me curl on the ends too. Big floppy ones with no curl near the roots. I do have a pretty good hairdresser. She does my highlights amazing but they fade after a month...that's my problem. No shampoo has helped yet.
    Well, that's why you will have problems getting this look - your hair just won't hold the curl. I don't have any advice about the highlights, I've never had mine fade or turn brassy - I don't use a special shampoo for highlights.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #9
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
    If your hair is stick straight and long..you need some layers on top.
    Long Layers...Another suggestion try from the top layer of your hair/head roller two rollers 1) half way to the root of your head and one for the othe half of the ends? I hope I'm explaining this correctly..I'll try to explain it again if you don't understand what I'm trying to say. I had read this method with a picture showing in a fashion mag. years ago..It takes practice but you will get a lift at the root area. This can also be done with a curling iron by
    curling your hair start halfway to the top of your head then finishing the bottom half of the section of hair to give you lift..There's also the old fashion way of pin curling which done at night sleep on it and you may have a head full of waves? Alot of work...As for your hilights. I don't know what you have but I have light brown hair with blond hilights (cap methond not foil) and I like the "John Frideda" Sheer blonde hair line..He cares everything from shampoos, cont. hairspray, etc....You can find the line at Walmart, and drug stores and it is not expensive..
    Hope this helps.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #10
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

I already have long layers. LOL. And I have tried and hated John Freida's blonde stuff...didn't work. Oh well...sorry I am being so difficult. LOL. Oh and I have brown hair...dirty blond...with blonde highlights too.

Old 03-05-2004, 07:15 PM   #11
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

Abbey32 - LOL...Your not being diffcult..Your being a woman like the rest of us.
    Just keep trying different products till you find it, or maybe another post will have a better suggestions. Keep trying to get the Jessica look just like I want to have the
    Jennifer Ansiton look...I figure by the time WE get their look...It will be outdated and they of course have moved onto another hairstyle we can't do..LOL

That's why I want the Big 80's do back - I have the perfect hair for that!

Ciao

Old 03-09-2004, 10:16 AM   #12
    Carroll

Carroll HB User

My daughter has stick straight thick heavy hair and the only way she can get lasting curls is to use those foam rollers in her hair at night and sleep in them.

Old 03-09-2004, 02:29 PM   #13
    modert
    Inactive
    (female)

modert HB User

There is only one way to get the Jessica Simpson look - hire a stylist to follow you around all day!!!

When I got married I had my hair curled like that - parts of it were pulled up in combs with pearls and baby's breath and I had long loose spiral curls. It was really beautiful. My hairdresser came to my wedding and its a good thing she was there - she had to touch it up regulalry!

Also, there was sooooooooooo much hairspray in my hair - and it was not the regular stuff - it was some special stuff - it made my hair look touchable and soft, but it felt like a ROCK. I had to shampoo 10 times that night to get it all out!!!

Anyway, my point is that they create a lot of illusions on tv that aren't easy to attain in real life - and I think this hairstyle is one of them

Old 03-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #14
    SweetPuff
    (female)

SweetPuff HB User

Yes, Jessica does have gorgeous hair, but if you happened to see the episode today (which is probably a rerun?) her hairstylist couldn't be there for her when she was singing at the sugar bowl so she was out wig shopping. She then added extensions and curled them making it look like she has tons of hair. Often actresses and stars do this so who knows what their hair really looks like, although I'm sure it's pretty anyway.
    I would try medium to large hot rollers...spraying hair lightly with hairspray before putting them in.
    Another pretty style that was used on me for a photo shoot..and I have used it for special occassions since is to take and inch or two of hair and with a medium size curling iron start at the top of your hair or your roots and wrap the hair around the curling iron. Hold for a few seconds and pull the iron straight out, not down. Of course spraying the hair first will again help it to stay curled. You end up with a pretty finished wavy look.

Old 03-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #15
    FaerieStars

FaerieStars HB User

That's what sucks about looking at famous people: they're all gorgeous but it takes so many people and so much work to get them to look that way. If you watch on the show, she doesn't even look as great without all her makeup on. It just makes me wish I had my own team of makeup artists!

Closed Thread