It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• i have a crush on a man at work need tips to attract him :)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 AM   #1
    vicky20012
    (female)

vicky20012 HB User
    i have a crush on a man at work need tips to attract him :)

hi there im in need of some tips on how to attract the attention of this man i like at work i honestly feel like a little girl again and i,ve lost the plot lol

please anyone have any ideas !!!!!

and has anyone had any good relationships from work that have lasted ?

and also bad relationships that have,nt worked out ?

thanxs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2004, 04:27 AM   #2
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User
    Re: i have a crush on a man at work need tips to attract him :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vicky20012
    hi there im in need of some tips on how to attract the attention of this man i like at work i honestly feel like a little girl again and i,ve lost the plot lol

please anyone have any ideas !!!!!

and has anyone had any good relationships from work that have lasted ?

and also bad relationships that have,nt worked out ?

thanxs

Others will answer your post so I will give you mine. NO!
    I was involved with a co-worker for 10 months....Everyone knew each other as it was a decent size company, lots of young hip people, lots of clicks and parties and afterwork get togethers...Awesome company to work for (they are not longer in business)

When we were together It was Great, and I felt awesome dating a co worker, going into work together in the mornings, working late at night and going home together...Well, after 10 months, out of know where he dumped me, found out he also cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend who he WAS trying to get back with and I knew nothing. I had to hide my pain and act professional, go to work with a SMILE on my face as if it didn't bother me, kept that stupid smile on my face for 8 hours, as I would leave work, walking out the parking lot I would ball my eyes out for two weeks straight.

It was hard seeing him everyday, and when he was with his group of guys having lunch talking and laughing I wanted to punch him out for dumping me but I didn't, I would not let him know how bad he hurt me, it was pointless and I had to act professional regardless of my personal life at work....

SO, that is my work relationship story, others may have happy endings,
    Mine did not. Does your workplace allow dating? Mind did as it was a young hip company and there were about 8 marriages that did take place with relationships formed at where I worked.

Good Luck.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:16 AM   #3
    vicky20012
    (female)

vicky20012 HB User

aaaaaaaawwww that is very sad i can feel ur pain yes my company does allow dating i work in a big factory so we dont work close together so thats one good thing

Old 04-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
    Falynsmommy
    Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User

I actually met my husband when we worked together. It was a very small finance company office and his best friend was actually the manager. I was the customer service rep. There was only room for three people in the office and we needed an assistant manager. Since my boss and "now" husband were best friends, he came in to apply and got the job. We all became very close because we were all around the same age and had alot in common. My boss eventually got transferred to another office and my hubby got promoted to manager. We eventually started to see each other very quietly and ended up falling in love. Soon after we both got seperate jobs but not because of the relationship. We have been together for 5 years now and married for 2. My hubby still likes to tell people he married his secretary. LOL!

I would say if you like this guy, ask him out! The worst he could say is no. Good luck!

Old 04-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #5
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I want you to know that I am just adding my opinion to this question. Please don't think I am being rude...thats the last thing I want to do

Anyways, I have never believe in work site romance. The reason why is if you both break up or get into a fight then you both have to fave each other at work. Generally work is not the place for those problems but even though you say it won't happen it will. You both won't talk to each other or even look at each other and the work place is a team effort and they can't afford of that happening. Thats why most work place have rule against that.

Now if this guy works in a different department then I can't see why not and go for it. If this guy is on a different team then dont' have to worry about that.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
    promisez
    Inactive

promisez HB User

Wait till he walks by and someone pages overhead...place your hands over your ears and say loudly... "The voices...the voices". You now have his attention and he would be scared to death to say no when you asked him to dinner

Old 04-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
    Doobeedoobeedoo

Doobeedoobeedoo HB User
    Cool Re: i have a crush on a man at work need tips to attract him :)

Met my Hubby at work....he was the Pres, I was the receptionist. We were both single and now have been happily married for 2 yrs with a BEAUTIFUL 4 mo. old son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    He is the LOVE OF MY LIFE and I believe that fate brought us together!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote=Go for it (if he's single!)

Old 04-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #8
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doobeedoobeedoo
    Met my Hubby at work....he was the Pres, I was the receptionist. We were both single and now have been happily married for 2 yrs with a BEAUTIFUL 4 mo. old son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    He is the LOVE OF MY LIFE and I believe that fate brought us together!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote=Go for it (if he's single!)

I don't mean to be rude but if he is the love of your life then why do you have feelings for another man(you other post)?

I do hope you guys and patch things up for the sake of your love and your 4 month yr son. I left a response in your other post but like I stated this other man needs to be out of the picture.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:00 AM   #9
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightball61
    I don't mean to be rude but if he is the love of your life then why do you have feelings for another man(you other post)?

I do hope you guys and patch things up for the sake of your love and your 4 month yr son. I left a response in your other post but like I stated this other man needs to be out of the picture.
    She doesn't Eightball...at least that's not what I gathered. She was responding to the original post on that thread!! Go back and read it again.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:12 AM   #10
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newlywedgurl
    She doesn't Eightball...at least that's not what I gathered. She was responding to the original post on that thread!! Go back and read it again.

I am sorry sorry but I am a little confused you mean her thread or this one?

Because her thread she had feeling for another guy while she has been married and what threw me off is how she was saying great things about him.

I am glad to hear that she feels this way and my choice in that post was for her to stick with her husband and leave the other man out. But like I said I just got thown off.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #11
    SophiaM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightball61
    I am sorry sorry but I am a little confused you mean her thread or this one?

Because her thread she had feeling for another guy while she has been married and what threw me off is how she was saying great things about him.

I am glad to hear that she feels this way and my choice in that post was for her to stick with her husband and leave the other man out. But like I said I just got thown off.
    Eightball, that post "Married an in love with an ex", was posted by "HELP." You've got the posters confused.

As far as workplace romance, it can sometimes backfire, as GirlHarley illustrated, but it can also work out. Why not give it a chance, especially that you don't work with the guy directly. You never know, he might be the love of your life. Now, as for tips how to get his attention...hmm. Do you have a common area where you have lunch, like a cafeteria? You could always ask if you could join him at his table and then start a conversation and see how it's going. Have you ever talked to him before? Do you know anything about him other than that he works for the same company? Do you have any mutual friends at work? If you do, you could all go out in a group for a happy hour, that way you could get to know him without the pressure of a formal date.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:41 AM   #12
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SophiaM
    Eightball, that post "Married an in love with an ex", was posted by "HELP." You've got the posters confused.
    First of I want to say sorry to Doobeedoobeedoo I misunderstood the post and took it to another route. And I want to thank those for clarifying that for me.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:12 PM   #13
    zeft

zeft HB User

Sure, work relationships can work. At my previous work easily 20% of the couples had met at work. These days when everyone is working so hard for long hours cutting out work romance as an option basically dramatically limits your choices. There are but so many free hours for most people; most of our waking hours is spent at work. It does require some finesse and more careful than usual consideration.

As far as how to approach him why not try the tried and true technique of finding a legitimate problem you can ask help for or a real question you can ask. You could have a friend refer you to him. This works very well for women in getting the attention of men.

Closed Thread