It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Acne and the ladies (question for the ladies)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
    Acne and the ladies (question for the ladies)

Sigh, well i am 21 and have had acne for about 3 years. And before that i was overweight throughout my whole life. Well i have lost about 90% of the weight and have gain a lot of muscle mass and definition. However i feel that the females tend to not like a guy with acne. My acne is not that bad, but i do have some red scarring and mild acne. I shower daily and dress nicely and smell nice as well. However i don't seem to catch any flirtatiousness or signals that someone is interested or think im cute. LoL (feel like a geek for posting this) I think im good looking other than this devil **** on my face.

Is acne a turn off in guys? I know some girls will post on here that they don't care, but where the hell are you at. I feel that the only girls i can get a chance with are the girls who also have acne. This kind of annoys me, since i hardly seen any girls with acne and they have boyfriends anyways..lol I don't judge people by how they look, i find all women attractive. However i am not attracted to females who do not take care of themselves to the extent of being obese, or the obvious.

So anyways, do you ladies tend to think, *there are plenty of guys out there that don't have acne so blow this guy off*. Because thats the feeling i tend to get, when i don't even get a chance. Its like i chose to have this crap take over my life and emotionally tear me apart.

Well i just wanted to ask a females opinion on the acne topic. Also for any felluz or ladies who can help me with my game. I am not good at walking up to a girl and just macking/flirting if you will. Any helpful tips that have helped you. I don't wanna sound like a geek or a player, because i am neither.

Thanks...

Oh and also, why is it that its always the ******* guys that cheat on their gfs can get girls all the time? I hate when my friends or work buddys talk about how they are doing such and such with other girls when they have a girlfriend. That pisses the **** outta me and kinda makes me look at them a different way. I guess being overweight all my life and now dealing with acne, my emotional state is like a females. I'm more considerate and honest than almost every guy i know.. AND NO ONE KNOWS IM PROBABLY THE BEST GUY THEY WOULD EVER HAVE...grrr

If this sounded gay, it probably does so im not gonna read what i wrote. :P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 06:33 AM   #2
    Blizzard45
    Inactive

Blizzard45 HB User
    Re: Acne and the ladies (question for the ladies)

Always speak your mind. Anyway it's not my business but are you on the juice? You're a bit old for acne and I know that stuff can make you break out. If not get a prescription for accutane. It works.

When it comes to girls just be sociable and don't act desperate. You can get just about any girl if you show interest in them in a confident way.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:42 AM   #3
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

First of all, your post did not sound gay! lol

I doubt your mentality is like that of a female's, BUT I *would* say that you are likely a much kinder, gentler, more compassionate person because you know what it is like to be insecure--or at the VERY least, aware of how the actions of others can affect people.

As for your question regarding acne. I might catch some flak for this, but....I think a lot of it has to do with how we are programmed. Our ancestors chose their mates based on many things, but one of the most prevalent was health: DOes this person take care of themself? Mind you, I am well aware that having acne has very little to do with whether or not you take care of yourself. However, I think that may have something to do with the initial "turn-off" of acne.

But that really doesn't solve your problem. You could very well get ten different responses to this post, all having a different opinion.....I'm sure if this bothers you so much, you have been trying to combat the problem. Have you been to the dermatologist? What has he/she said? I'll also ask you one more question and hope neither of us catches any flak.....what about some make-up? Would you wear some foundation to cover the scarring? It's just a thought....they actually do make men's makeup. Women use it all the time...for the same thing. You can get some that even help clear up blemishes while covering your imperfections. It may boost your confidence level rather than feeling like that is all people notice about you.....

Does any of that help??

Old 04-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #4
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfwgoodguy

Is acne a turn off in guys? P
    I now this is not my place since this is directed to the girls only but I wanted to answer this question.

For me, I don' don't think acne is a turn off. In my short life of dating I have dating girls that had bad acne and I saw past that. Every guy had there own expectations on what they look for in a female.

There is a girl out there I am sure that will be past the things you hate about your body. This girl will make you feel beautiful and feel wanted.

The guys that cheat on there GF's at work are not the guys you want to be interested hanging with. I don't know much about your area but you may want to try go to some new place to scope out the girls and see what they are like.

Every guy is different in character but in todays world most think the same and thats with whats in there pants. Its sad but true...As from what I see you past that which is a great thing. You will meet up with a special lady

I hope answering this is ok for you.

Last edited by eightball61; 04-07-2004 at 07:35 AM.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #5
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightball61
    I now this is not my place since this is directed to the girl only but I wanted to answer this question.

For me, I don' don't think acne is a turn off. In my short life of dating I have dating girls that had bad acne and I saw past that. Every guy had there own expectations on what they look for in a female.

This is a guy out there I am sure that will be past the things you hate about your body. This guy will make you feel beautiful and feel wanted.

The guys that cheat on there GF's at work are not the guys you want to be interested in. I don't know much about your area but you may want to try go to some new place to scope out the guys and see what they are like.

Every guy is different in character but in todays world most think the same and thats with whats in there pants. Its sad but true...What you need is a real Man and they are out there.

I hope answering this is ok for you.
    Eightball......the poster IS a guy! Which was why it was asking for girls' opinions! You not reading today?? LOL

Old 04-07-2004, 07:28 AM   #6
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newlywedgurl
    Eightball......the poster IS a guy! Which was why it was asking for girls' opinions! You not reading today?? LOL

I did get the feeling that this was a male but I didn't want to make the wrong post and I did I will reword and I my post...lol but I wanted to let you know that I am reading the post today. I read this one like twice to understand a few sections. I will look more clearer thanks

Old 04-07-2004, 07:59 AM   #7
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

Hi dfwgoodguy - I know you from the Acne board and maybe you remember me...I have been on their too, searching for help with my teenage son and his acne...Which by the way...thanks to these boards, his acne is clearing up.

I wanted to give my 2cents worth regarding your post, plus my experince with my Acne and also because you are a guy with Acne and I have a beautiful son with Acne...

My son is Still Popular, Funny, a joker, great with the girls in school, they love him, he's a jock, loves music, and well to really put in all in one word...
    The kid has PERSONALITY! I know I'm bragging, but I get to hear the phone ring with the chicks calling, I see them when I visit him at HS (dropping his surprise lunches, They send him pictures, I'm stopped in the Mall, etc...
    AND these girls are BEAUTIFUL! They are always asking HIM out...
    Of course I think my son is handsome, but seriously now, he is suffering from acne too and that is how I found these boards was to help him...I see his pain, he comes to me (and blames me too/LOL) with his acne and how much he hates it, he shows me ... his mom what no other girls see from him,
    his inscurities about his looks with acne, sometimes it bummed him out and he would get bad...I understand how YOU feel just like I understood how my son felt...I kept his spirits up, I have helped him alot, and not to take all the credit for helping my son...BUT he also helped himself and Listened to me even when he was angry with me or his acne...BUT....His Personality through all this has kept him looking good, always smiling, and he's just a funny character...

Look at Tommy Lee Jones the actor who graduated from HAVARD, he has a scared face but, not only is a great actor, he is a good looking guy, and woman flock to him, He's got PERSONALITY!

I too suffered from Acne when I was a teenager and still get break outs..
    I had low self esteem from it, I thought I was ugly, no guy would look at me,
    but I worked through that and I too have Personality with attitude and managed to date alot of Good Looking Guys....When I'm told I'm beautiful you can't imagine how great that feels...ME beautiful? Who had lots of acne and yes I too have some scares left over...THANK GOD FOR MAKEUP!

Please don't give up on yourself, your young, you have worked hard on your
    outside now work on the inside...Girls are not passing you up because of your acne, opps...I'm not saying it's your Personality either..cause I don't know you but all I can say from my own experince with Acne and now watching my son...You got to Smile, Be Positive with yourself, Work on your inner Self Esteem...Don't let the Acne control you!

Hope this helps, and sorry so long....I just really know how you feel!

Old 04-07-2004, 11:26 AM   #8
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Thanks for your replys. First of all i am not on juice, lol..I had clear skin till the age of 18, have no idea why. Dunno if its a hormonal thing or what.

Also, no i really havn't looked into the makeup line for men, dunno if i really want to wear makeup..thanks for that though.

Also, eightball, i understood your post even though you thought i was a female.

Hey GirlHarley, yeah i remember you. Im glad to see your sons acne is improving. My mom had this type of acne too, so i beleive she passed it down to me. I do not blame her for it though, but am scared that whenever i decide to have a kid, i don't wanna pass this down to him/her. Because it would be the same thing as with my mom, that i could tell my kid that i too had acne and understand completely, but that really doesn't help ease the situation. (for me it didn't anyways) Anyways thx for posting about your son, im glad to see its not holding him back. I too get out and about and don't think about my acne when im in public or out with friends, but it just seems thats what gets me "looked over" because of.

Anyways, thanks for your relys and i hope all of you are doing good.
    I know my day will come when this crap is gone, but its just a long waiting process..and im fed up with waiting..lol Thanks again.

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 04-07-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Old 04-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #9
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Also, eightball, i understood your post even though you thought i was a female.

HEy man sorry about that...No hard hard feeling I hope

Old 04-07-2004, 11:41 AM   #10
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

hehe none at all, thx for the reply even.

Old 04-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #11
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Hey dfwgoodguy!! I really was trying to help with the make-up idea. My Dh even wears it from time to time when he gets a pimple.....you can't tell!! That's the beauty of it! No one would know but you!

Old 04-07-2004, 08:46 PM   #12
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Thats what i was worried about, was the noticableness. Where would i buy this at? The only problem i could see with it would be actual pimples on my skin, they wouldn't take the makup so well im pretty sure. As for the scaring i could use it in the areas where my scaring is bad, so i could be open to it. Thanks

BTW i dont have insurance right now, is why i havn't gone to derm.

Old 04-08-2004, 06:12 AM   #13
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Quote:
    Thats what i was worried about, was the noticableness. Where would i buy this at? The only problem i could see with it would be actual pimples on my skin, they wouldn't take the makup so well im pretty sure. As for the scaring i could use it in the areas where my scaring is bad, so i could be open to it. Thanks

BTW i dont have insurance right now, is why i havn't gone to derm.
    What about the 'rents? THey aren't willing to spring for you to go to the derm?? As for the makeup....grab a chick you are pretty good friends with and go to any drugstore, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I know that Nivea has a line for men, but really ANY kind of foundation will work. The only trick is to match the shade to your skin tone...THAT is what keeps is from being noticeable. But it should definitely cover up your scarring....at least make it less noticeable.

I agree that it might not cover your actual pimples very well, but check out some of the concealer that they make for that....I know that Physician's Formula is VERY gentle on skin...I use some of it myself. They also have a double concealer stick. It is green on one end (green neutralizes the red of blemishes) and skin tone on the other. Just go easy on the green side....you only use it right on the pimple, & don't go overboard or you'll look like the Hulk! lol

My advice would just be to experiment....it's NOT hard or complicated! And I really think you might feel better. If you are nervous about it....just try it out when you aren't heading out somewhere. It's pretty much goof-proof as long as you (1) Match your skin tone, and (2) don't cake it on! JUST REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR FACE BEFORE GOING TO BED!

Old 04-08-2004, 06:25 AM   #14
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

dfwgoodguy - if you don't want to wear makeup...
    ( I am not stepping on :newlywedgurl toes on this)

Another option for you...Is the self tanners, the spray on tanners that you go to a booth...and of course the Tanning Salons..which I may get some heat on..Because of Negative Effects in the long run..YES, I know about them ALL!

Remember, in my post regarding my son and his acne (on the acne board)
    I tooked him for 5 sessions to a tanning salon, while working on the inside and outside of his ance....The session gave him a glow, a cover up, since for a 15 yr old MAKE UP was not an option. He felt good about himself and gave him an instant coverup for a period of time....I am not preaching about going Tanning.....Just making a suggestion on another avenue of covering up acne while still recovering & healing....

Old 04-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #15
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

That is a GREAT suggestion GirlHarley! But sometimes people break out before it clears up from tanning. Just a heads up to him.

Closed Thread