It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Clinique 3 Step...does it work? Please reply

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #1
    SMT12483
    (female)

SMT12483 HB User
    Post Clinique 3 Step...does it work? Please reply

My two friends suggested I go on the Clinique 3 Step Acne process because it helped them out a lot. I do remember my one friend had bad acne last year and now he is very clear, but when I told my other friend about it she said it did nothing for her. I realize everyone's skin is different but I was just curious if it helped anyone on the boards? And what type of acne does it help? My main problem is a lot of those small bumps everywhere, I am using Paula's Choice BHA right now and I notice some change but I am not sure how much. And if the Clinique stuff doesn't work for the small bumps what else does? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
    AnitaPita
    (female)

AnitaPita HB User
    My sister used to sell Clinique and she swears by the regular 3 step system. It works for her. I on the other hand did not have any luck with it or with the Clinique Acne system. The one with the foam type soap with a pump in a greenish bottle. I went on antibiotics and Differin, then Retin A, benzaclyn, etc etc. Then Proactiv which actually worked then quit working after a year. I got sick of the $$ so now I am using neutrogena acne prone bar soap and St Ives apricot scrub and it works. I think you just have to find the right combination for you. I think the key to getting rid of the small bumps is exfoliating..try some kind of scrub but it will probably get way worse before your skin gets better. I still swear by Clinique makeup though. Sorry this was so long :-)

Old 10-13-2003, 08:55 PM   #3
    AnitaPita
    (female)

AnitaPita HB User
    I just wanted to add that my sister had lots of small bumps and acne on her face and the 3 step Clinique worked for her....I think she had to keep using it for quite a while before her face cleared up....like a couple months

Old 10-14-2003, 12:32 AM   #4
    el_9_el
    (female)

el_9_el HB User
    Gave me a rash

Old 01-09-2004, 06:25 AM   #5
    cookiemonster123

cookiemonster123 HB User
    Re: Clinique 3 Step...does it work? Please reply

Is working beautifully for me, I posted about it on "Clinique for Acne?"

Old 01-09-2004, 07:09 AM   #6
    SCAR

SCAR HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cookiemonster123
    Is working beautifully for me, I posted about it on "Clinique for Acne?"
    what are the 3 products called?
    i'm interested

Old 01-09-2004, 08:05 AM   #7
    kwomom

kwomom HB User

it did not work well for me.

Good Luck

Kari

Old 01-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #8
    CourtneyIAM

CourtneyIAM HB User

Dried me out like CRAZY. The products are just so primitive. The bar soap is drying, the toner is basically alcohol, and the Dramatically Different lotion is grease in a bottle. If it works for you, dandy; but I know of scores of people for whom it did not work.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #9
    Aurora M.

Aurora M. HB User

I *really* like the toner, but the bar soap is too drying but I may have the wrong one since my skin is no longer as oily as it was (there are three soaps for different skin types). I've never tried the lotion and nor will I. I've come up with my own regemine and use Clinique's Skin Texture Lotion. It's oil free and works well. I do recommend going to a Clinique counter or their website to figure out what your skin type is and trying the toner. It works really well for *very* mild exfoliation, it's a tad moisturizing, and it helps get the extra dirt off your face after washing especially if you wear makeup. Instead of the soap I suggest using Dove. I just started using the new Dove Pillows and I absolutely love it.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:39 PM   #10
    Aurora M.

Aurora M. HB User

actually I take it back... I *have* used the Dramatically Different lotion. It was a little greasy like CourtneyIAM said, and I didn't really see any dramatic improvement on my dry spots. In a pinch though it works pretty well on your hands The Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief works better though, and a little goes a loooooong way (and works best at night.)
    Don't know what I was thinking when I said I'd never used it. Must have been thinking of something else

Last edited by Aurora M.; 01-09-2004 at 12:43 PM.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:57 PM   #11
    Banana1214
    (female)

Banana1214 HB User

I absolutely hated this. As was already stated, the bar soap is drying and left a film on my skin (and bar soap isn't good for your skin anyway, since bars are held together with waxes, and who wants wax in their skin?), the toner was extremely drying and the lotion is full of oil and made me break out terribly. I really had a lot of hope for it too, but it did nothing but bad things to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    #2 due 8/30/07... another boy!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Devlin Michael born May 20, 2005

Old 01-09-2004, 10:31 PM   #12
    cookiemonster123

cookiemonster123 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SCAR
    what are the 3 products called?
    i'm interested
    Well. . This is what I do.

Morning
    Wash with the soap bar
    Follow up with Dramatically Differerent Moisturizing Lotion

Night
    Wash off makeup with acne solutions cleansing foam
    Wash with the soap bar
    Revitalizing Toner 2 (# depending on your skin type)
    Acne Solutions Night Gel

I have only been using this for about 3 weeks, but my skin is really making some huge improvements. Although, I did get it for Christmas and I was told it was about $80 for all of it. But if it keeps working for my skin, and I don't go through it too fast (which I shouldn't) then I will keep using it. I also have ProActiv, which I mix in sometimes, but not usually.

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't helped many of your guys skin! Acne is torture..

Old 04-09-2004, 05:25 AM   #13
    herbsby

herbsby HB User

Clinique is horrible... i swear i will NEVER use it again.... i used to have really nice clear skin, but i am now on this msg board because of the acne it caused...
    I have done some research on it, and asked a few beauticians as to why:
    - It has a ph of 9!!! that should give u enough of a reason as to why its so harmful, healthy skin has a ph of 5.5...
    - It is FULL of alcohol!!! alcohol is soooo bad for your skin...
    - the clarifying lotion (step 2) is the WORST... that was the main reason i originally bought it... coz those damn good sales ppl gave me that sticky tape test on my hand (u put sticky tape on ur hand pull it off and can see all the dead skin cells...) so they want u to exfoliate twice a day with this alcohol filled clarifying lotion... but skin sheds itself once every 28days... and u should only exfoliate once to twice a week... because what cliniques clarifying lotion is doing is stripping all of your skin of its essential oils, and thus ur skin is overproducing oil and sebum to make up for it..... all of my skin got sooooo congested... like when u can see all of those pimples trying to break out from under the surface, and also massive pimples... it was horrible..... i used to use the cheapest & even harmful alcohol products before.. and it was due to clinique... nothing else had changed, not my diet or anything...
    and after talking to a few beauticians it made me realise why... its the most unnatural thing u can put on ur skin...
    I wish more than anything i never started using it... coz now i do have acne, and am on differin gel, oral antibiotics and on the pill.... its horrible...
    Damn clinique....

Hope that helps

Old 04-09-2004, 08:25 AM   #14
    aquarius0121
    Veteran
    (female)

aquarius0121 HB User

I HATE the Clinique three-step system. My biggest problem is with the moisturizing lotion. It is NOT non-acnegenic and noncomedogenic. Why would anyone EVER use lotion that blocks pores? The only lotion that does not block pores by Clinique costs 35 dollars, and all you get is this teeny tiny pump bottle. The soap and cleanser is ok at best. NOT worth it.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #15
    rubia_9

rubia_9 HB User

It didn't work for me.

Closed Thread