It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• COMPLEX ovarian cyst!? Need your help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
    Juliebrat

Juliebrat HB User
    COMPLEX ovarian cyst!? Need your help!

If anyone has experience with this, I would really appreciate your stories, outcomes, ect. I am pretty scared right now.

I went to my gyno today, he had the radiologist fax over the report of the pelvic u/s. It shows a 3.9 cm COMPLEX cyst(meaning solid and fluid parts in it)and a small amount of free pelvic fluid that's not supposed to be there. So, my gyno said that he was sorry he could not rule out cancer at this point and that there was just too much on this report not to send me for further testing. I went and had the CA125 test done today and I have to go for a repeat u/s in 2 weeks. Depending on what that shows, I can either get on with life as usual, or I will be facing a surgery to have my ovary removed. If it proves to be cancer, well then I guess I'll be in for the fight of my life. I could tell my dr was concerned. I am scared out of my mind right now. This is the first time I have had something actually come back as "worrisome"! I'm pretty beside myself, but I'm trying to think as positively as I can! I don't really know what to do with myself over these next couple of weeks. I fear I will go insane being worried!

I'm only 34 and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago, but my ovaries were fine at that time so they were left in.

Please help, I'm so scared!!

I guess I should add that severe pain brought me to the dr for this, but the pain has since gotten better, if that makes a difference! Maybe it ruptured and that's why it feels better? I'm still a tiny bit tender there, but the severe pain is gone!

Last edited by Juliebrat; 04-13-2004 at 09:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
    louann

louann HB User
    Re: COMPLEX ovarian cyst!? Need your help!

i had a complex ovarian cyst removed last year. It was the size of a grapefruit was removed and tested no cancer. Just because they say it is complex doesn't mean cancer.

Old 05-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
    sue24

sue24 HB User

Hi, I just wanted to say that i can relate to what you're going through. I also have been diagnosed as having complex ovarian cysts (1 on each ovary). Mine were also diagnosed by ultrasound and I have been monitoring them for about 10 months now. One cyst is about 5cm and the other is about 1.5 cm. My doctor doesn't want to operate unless they get bigger. I am scheduled for an MRI next month, in hopes of getting a more concrete diagnosis but in the mean time i just keep on worrying! I'm curious how you are doing and if you have been given any idea of what the cyst might be? Please keep me posted. Sue.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:33 PM   #4
    Juliebrat

Juliebrat HB User

Hi Sue. 2 weeks after the initial u/s, I had another and it showed the cyst had gone from 3.9 cm to 1/2 a cm. So, while that's good, I am having both ovaries out next Tuesday. I am already having some menopause symptoms, which is common a couple of years after a hysterectomy, so I'd rather get them out now and hopefully spare myself the worry of ovarian cancer again.

My dr thinks they are either hemorrhagic cysts or endometriomas, which I have had before. Most of the time, complex cysts in women of childbearing age are not cancer! As long as your cysts are not changing, or if they are getting smaller, then you are on the safe side with just watching them.

Closed Thread