It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

  • Anyone a compulsive overeater??

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 04-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #121
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krazigurl72
    Hello, i juss wanted to let you know compulsive eating disorder starts as young as me..16! I haven't crossed the limit yet, but i'm getting really really really close, over the weekend, i consume like 10 times more than i'm suppose to, i eat when i'm hungry (duh), i eat when i'm bored, i eat when i'm sleepy or tired, heck, i eat when i'm FULL. But i been through this and i have lost some weight with a strong mind and a strong will, but it took effort let me tell you that. The FIRST thing to stop all this is for you to strengthen ur mind first, as cliche as that may sound, you can only begin when you have set ur mind to it. =) goodluck to us?
    Hi krazigurl72!

    Hey, a new face! Well, welcome to our overeaters train and thanks for hopping aboard! You are ABSOLUTELY right - one must have a strong mind, self-control, and a determination to succeed....but, it's not that easy, that's for sur. I have had a very strong mind when I start a diet, and then I lose it, figuratively and literally. We here are all struggling to attain what you seem to be making excellent progress on, so out hats are off to you!! If you've read the posts here, you know we get upset and angry at ourselves, as it's just so hard. I'm even in therapy trying to tame this beast in me. All we can do is keep trying, right. And, guess what? It can even start earlier than 16 - have heard of 12 year old who are anorexic/bulimic,sadly! Anyway, I have had all the problems you describe, so, maybe there's help me (and others!) too! Hope to hear from you again! Take care.

    Hugs!
    Char

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 04-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #122
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    Hiya peeps,
    Well I'm an 'Oi you' kind of person. I mean that you could shout that and I would still answer! Or if finding a nickname for my nickname of Aurora is hard then find a nickname around my initial instead. My initial is H btw. As a kid I got nicknamed Aurora so I used it on here too.
    I am glad that you both got a giggle from my insane posts last night.
    Yeah I guess it is hard to relate to anorexic behaviour if you have never experienced it. But basically if I eat anything at all its like I can feel the fat accumulating on me. And if I dared to eat a bite of any food that wasn't 'safe' then I would feel the need to use ipecac to puke myself empty. I am hugely scared of being fat, and this program feels like I am being sent to a fat farm. That they are going to fatten me up and send me back to face the world alone. I just like to be empty, completely empty so I don't even feel hunger anymore. Told you I was a freak
    Actually you don't have to start all things young Quenchybaby. I have a friend who started amateur dramatics last autumn and just got cast a lead role in their new production. She is 23 and hadn't done anything like it before. If it is something you want to do, go out there and do it. I do intend to ride again one day, horses are my life. Competition level would have great, but it is the horses I really love.
    Quenchbench you could try taking a careers test to see what would suit what you like doing. Once you have an idea of what you want to do with your life it makes it easier to focus on what you need to do to get there.
    And everyone is freaked out the first few times they see a counsellor but in the end you start to feel like you can talk to them. The first time I saw my counsellor, the new one not the one who rejected me, she was really quiet at one point and I didn't know what to say so I laughed. She just kept looking at me until suddenly I did start to talk a little.
    Anyway hope you are all ok chickies,
    Love H xoxo

    Hi Aura -

    I kinda like that!! I think of you as having a wonderful aura, so, I believe I have dubbed thee....Aura! You like?? And I LOVE your nickies for Quencherina. I believe you have me beat!!

    No, no...of course you aren't a freak - now when did you start getting so down on yourself?? I fear this is contagious! I do understand your trepidation re the treatment center, but just keep remembering how much you know you need to be well! I have to say, Aura, that I soooo admire your courage to do this...and I'me even a wee bit envious, too. I need to be ADMITTED to a fat farm...for like 2 years!!!! So, while there are differences, the end result is the same...to learn the way to get healthy and use food the way God intended, and change our bodies to look the way God intended, too. Y' know??

    You gave excellent advice to Quenchamooky - I have high hopes for her - I know we all do, ya hear that Quenchazooks????

    So, I'm off. Take care!!
    Char/pam

     
    Old 04-18-2004, 08:10 PM   #123
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quencher
    I praise you for your creativity and your time/effort in creating these wonderful, humorous, and astounding nicknames for me, Pam! Thank you ever so much!! How, oh HOW, can I ever ever repay you for your humble name-creating credibility?!?
    Sheesh! Are you happy now?!? Haha, I'm only kidding.

    But anywho, I laughed at Quencheroony. Quencheroony and Cheese! It's so catchy.. and probably very yummy too! Here I go talking about food again! 2000+ calories and it's only 4. Man, what am I gonna do with me?!?
    Nah uh. I don't have them all memorized. Although I SHOULD 'cause I'm taking chemistry now, but I don't. Haha.
    And yes, it's an excellent way for memorization, buttttt it was entirely not my idea, haha! I got it off The Facts of Life. It's my favorite sitcom featuring my favorite actress, Nancy McKeon. You know her? I thought you would've caught that. But anyway, yes I do remember Roy G Biv. In fact, during the summer, I sorted all the clothing by the colors of the rainbow 'cause I was bored, haha.
    And they say you should taste the rainbow every day. No, not Skittles, silly, but well, lemme illustrate: Red for apple, Orange for orange, Yellow for banana, Green for Kiwi, Blue for blueberry, Indigo for I don't know, and Violet for I don't know, lol. Just something healthy and natural. You get the idea.
    You've just completely described my school! Only, my school has an enrollment of 4,000+, and we get only FOUR minutes for departmentalization. The school's 9 floors, I think... or is it ten... or eleven? Haha. I wouldn't know 'cause I haven't been to all the floors yet! And you know what else? There's only ONE elevator available for student use!! ONE. The other FIVE are for teachers and staff and for those incapable of using the stairs. You would think I were skinny by now, wouldn't you? That is, from running up seven flights just to get to class on time?
    And everyone shares 4 conselors, meaning a 1000:1 ratio.
    No, I'm not failing the classes, but I AM failing 95% of all the exams/quizzes, and those are sorta like progress reports. And it's SO obvious that I'm not making any progress. I think my final report card grade just balances out because I do all my homework, so that's a 100% right there, correct? Plus, all my teachers are lenient graders. (Thank goodness for that!)

    And even if I failed, I wouldn't be left back. I would still be promoted to the next grade, only with more classes to attend. Either that, or night-school or summer school. It's ultimately our choice, though.

    No, no. I don't think counselors are just in it for the money!! I'm just saying that they don't really care because their job starts to get boring, annoying and nerve-wrecking because there are so many students and they're hearing the same things over and over again. And it's just like, "next... okay thanks for coming... next... okay thanks for coming... next... okay thanks for coming." So ultimately, as time passes, their job just becomes, well, a JOB-- like a daily routine-- and something they no longer wish to do or no longer look forward to doing, as much as they would if they first started on the job. I can almost picture them saying, "Oh no, not ANOTHER one? Can I go home, already??" You know?
    And it's like if I tell them something, I fear that they won't understand and that I can't trust them to keep things confidential, and trust MYSELF to keep my mouth shut when I should-- that I might say too much. And I'll have no time for anything else, and pretty soon, I won't even be doing my homework! And I'm gonna break down...And everyone's gonna look at me weird and think that I'm some psycho or something.
    And plus, I'm not a real talker in my physical life. I've been told I might have social phobia or something. I'll literally need someone to SHOVE me through the door and tie me down to get me to speak. And even if I were to speak, I wouldn't be completely honest. It's just much harder for me to approach a complete stranger in the physical life and just...ask. You know? Because it's not someone I know, and not someone I think who cares enough, as opposed to caring not at all.

    Horrible, horrible grammar right there. But I can't express what I'm thinking the way I want you to see it, and the way that I'm thinking it. I'm trying to be as honest as I can, but I just have a whole buncha ideas hovering over me and I'm picking and choosing and it's so hard... and I can't put my thoughts together into one complete thought. Hopefully you can understand what I'm saying 'cause I can barely understand myself. Arghhh. You comprehend? Probably not, LOL.


    Hiya Quenchacutey!

    OK, OK, I guess I deserved that very 1st paragraph of yours, so I will just cry myself to sleep tonight because you hurt me to the bone.....PSYCHE!!!!!!!

    Hmmm, intersting about the color of foods to eat - well, indigo could be a plum, and violet...well, that one has me stumped!! Eat a pot of violets I guess!!

    Well, sweetie, what can I say...re the counselors, your not wanting to talk to them, and the reasons why...I do understand, I really do. I have tried to go back and think about when I was your age...I didn't really like to talk to authority figures, either, mainly because I felt quite intimidated. But our school had a policy that, whether you needed them or not, you had to meet up with yours in the fall once to basically say hi, to meet them, discuss some goals for the year, stuff like that. Since you HAD to do this, it made it easier for if the time came that you really NEEDED them at some point. I guess by now you know how I feel about this, and that I think it's important, but ir's your decision, kiddo, OK? I hope some day you'll change your mind, of course, but I do respect your feelings, OK? And yes, I do understand what you were trying to say in your last paragraph. Sometimes our thoughts just muddle up a bit when it's a difficult subject matter. Hey, I think you are incredibly articulate for someone your age!! And that's why, I think, that I forget I'm dealing with a 15 year old...and I need to try to remember that. Meanwhile, if you ever have any questions about any of this if you change your mind, I'm here, Okeydokey??? Good!

    You take care now...I imagine you're asleep by now, as it's 8:15pm here, so, talk to you again soon!

    HUGS!!!
    Char/pam

     
    Old 04-19-2004, 01:23 AM   #124
    Aurora
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Aurora's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: London, UK
    Posts: 1,005
    Aurora HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Hi guys, its moi. Back again to try and give you a little giggle if I can.
    So I have decided that in case you should ever come to the wonderful land of England I should dispel a few of the more common myths and language differences surrounding this great nation.
    Myth 1) English people only talk about the weather - well its just not true guys we have plenty of things to discuss like... um ..... hey see that raincloud over there looks like it'll be raining cats and dogs today.
    Language 1) Buns - now from what I gather the word has a slightly different meaning where you guys are. Over here I would think of a bun as a bread or cake roll. As in 'HI Mr Baker can I have one of those sticky buns please?' To which I would expect to be handed a cake/bread roll with icing on top. I fear I would be arrested for asking someone for their buns in America seeing as you are probably sitting on your buns now. Lol.
    Language 2) Pants - well personally I love to say this word just to illustrate that things aren't going well. Like, 'Oh Pants I forgot to renew my library books!' But you guys are usually referring to what we would call trousers. Pants in England are the things you wear underneath your trousers.
    Language 3) Pavement - Sidewalk where you come from.
    Language 4) ****** - Its perfectly legal in America to be ****** whilst sitting in your car in a traffic jam. Over here it means you have been overdoing it down the boozer (pub) and a kindly policeman will shortly flag you down and arrest you.
    Anyway, don't want to give you a hernia so I will get back to talking the talk and walking the walk - or something along those lines.
    Krazigurl nice to hear from you. Keep up with the strong thoughts. You can get through this girl.
    Quench-ya-thirst, yeah my mate is a good actress, but she started later in life. You too could do well at something even though you didn't start as a kiddo. And yeah the careers test I did at school worked out for exactly the kind of career I have taken. And interestingly it also mentioned that I would also be suited to working with animals. So it even covered my love for horses. The best careers test I found was in a library which you had to answer about 100 questions and then it analyses your answers. Questions like, Do you prefer to work inside or outside? Do you like meeting lots of new people? Stuff like that.
    Char I love the nickname you have given me.
    And no its not contagious - I have hated myself for as long as I can remember, but I like to come across as upbeat as possible. No point whining on about how much of a loser I am. Everyone who knows me probably doesn't need it pointed out. But hey, I'll live. Its all I've ever known.
    How are you guys today though???????? Spill the beans. (Do you use that phrase where you are? If not it means please do tell all. )
    Hugs from H aka Aura xoxoxoxo
    __________________
    Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree today.

     
    Old 04-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #125
    Quencher
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Quencher's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 279
    Quencher HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Charlyssa
    Hiya Quenchacutey!

    OK, OK, I guess I deserved that very 1st paragraph of yours, so I will just cry myself to sleep tonight because you hurt me to the bone.....PSYCHE!!!!!!!

    Hmmm, intersting about the color of foods to eat - well, indigo could be a plum, and violet...well, that one has me stumped!! Eat a pot of violets I guess!!

    Well, sweetie, what can I say...re the counselors, your not wanting to talk to them, and the reasons why...I do understand, I really do. I have tried to go back and think about when I was your age...I didn't really like to talk to authority figures, either, mainly because I felt quite intimidated. But our school had a policy that, whether you needed them or not, you had to meet up with yours in the fall once to basically say hi, to meet them, discuss some goals for the year, stuff like that. Since you HAD to do this, it made it easier for if the time came that you really NEEDED them at some point. I guess by now you know how I feel about this, and that I think it's important, but ir's your decision, kiddo, OK? I hope some day you'll change your mind, of course, but I do respect your feelings, OK? And yes, I do understand what you were trying to say in your last paragraph. Sometimes our thoughts just muddle up a bit when it's a difficult subject matter. Hey, I think you are incredibly articulate for someone your age!! And that's why, I think, that I forget I'm dealing with a 15 year old...and I need to try to remember that. Meanwhile, if you ever have any questions about any of this if you change your mind, I'm here, Okeydokey??? Good!

    You take care now...I imagine you're asleep by now, as it's 8:15pm here, so, talk to you again soon!

    HUGS!!!
    Char/pam
    I think the policy your school had was a very affective one. I can imagine how much easier that would've made it on some people... but knowing me, even IF I were to have met her beforehand, I STILL wouldn't have approved of it!
    Hopefully, though, one day I'll find the courage to speak up and change my mind about this matter, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt. When I'm an adult and I move out of the apartment, it'll all be over, and my past will just be in the past. Then, hopefully I'll forget everything that has happened and hence I can take it on from there, you know?
    And now I feel really bad because I feel like I've let you, and everyone else down and that I have just shunned everything y'all had said and wasted all your time. I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate it, I really do!! Buttttt, there's just something inside me that's keeping me from doing what is morally 'correct.'

    Articulate? Wow. That's a first.
    Again, I wish my english teacher would feel the same way!! But TRUST me, I am FAR from articulate--- maybe in posting on message boards, but I am certainly NOT when I'm speaking!!
    You see, on a message board, I have time to edit my posts a couple of HUNDRED times before I post it--- in which case, I can always make it sound "just right." And I can easily take back what I have posted before someone reads it.
    On the other hand, when you're talking, you've only got like a split-second to come up with an answer, and you CAN'T take back what you have said, you know?
    To demonstrate how sad I am-- if you were to even ask me for my AGE face-to-face, I'd blank out!! (I am dead serious. )
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Eschew obfuscation.

    Last edited by Quencher; 04-19-2004 at 12:52 PM.

     
    Old 04-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #126
    Quencher
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Quencher's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 279
    Quencher HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    Hi guys, its moi. Back again to try and give you a little giggle if I can.
    So I have decided that in case you should ever come to the wonderful land of England I should dispel a few of the more common myths and language differences surrounding this great nation.
    Myth 1) English people only talk about the weather - well its just not true guys we have plenty of things to discuss like... um ..... hey see that raincloud over there looks like it'll be raining cats and dogs today.
    Language 1) Buns - now from what I gather the word has a slightly different meaning where you guys are. Over here I would think of a bun as a bread or cake roll. As in 'HI Mr Baker can I have one of those sticky buns please?' To which I would expect to be handed a cake/bread roll with icing on top. I fear I would be arrested for asking someone for their buns in America seeing as you are probably sitting on your buns now. Lol.
    Language 2) Pants - well personally I love to say this word just to illustrate that things aren't going well. Like, 'Oh Pants I forgot to renew my library books!' But you guys are usually referring to what we would call trousers. Pants in England are the things you wear underneath your trousers.
    Language 3) Pavement - Sidewalk where you come from.
    Language 4) ****** - Its perfectly legal in America to be ****** whilst sitting in your car in a traffic jam. Over here it means you have been overdoing it down the boozer (pub) and a kindly policeman will shortly flag you down and arrest you.
    Anyway, don't want to give you a hernia so I will get back to talking the talk and walking the walk - or something along those lines.
    Krazigurl nice to hear from you. Keep up with the strong thoughts. You can get through this girl.
    Quench-ya-thirst, yeah my mate is a good actress, but she started later in life. You too could do well at something even though you didn't start as a kiddo. And yeah the careers test I did at school worked out for exactly the kind of career I have taken. And interestingly it also mentioned that I would also be suited to working with animals. So it even covered my love for horses. The best careers test I found was in a library which you had to answer about 100 questions and then it analyses your answers. Questions like, Do you prefer to work inside or outside? Do you like meeting lots of new people? Stuff like that.
    Char I love the nickname you have given me.
    And no its not contagious - I have hated myself for as long as I can remember, but I like to come across as upbeat as possible. No point whining on about how much of a loser I am. Everyone who knows me probably doesn't need it pointed out. But hey, I'll live. Its all I've ever known.
    How are you guys today though???????? Spill the beans. (Do you use that phrase where you are? If not it means please do tell all. )
    Hugs from H aka Aura xoxoxoxo
    I don't know about the rest of the US, but here it's pretty often that we refer to breads as buns. "May I have a hotdog bun?"
    What's a pavement where you come from?

    The library?! Awww shucks. I owe the library $13.00 so I dare not show my face in one! (But it's entirely not my fault, honest! This girl was supposed to return the items for me and she didn't get to it until a couple of DAYS after. But I guess that's what happens when you trust someone with your library items, heh?)
    But anyhow, if I happen to find one somewhere else I'll keep that in mind. Now that I think of it, I really want to do voice-overs!! But that's not a "real job." My parents would NEVER approve of it. So much for that.
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Eschew obfuscation.

     
    Old 04-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #127
    Aurora
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Aurora's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: London, UK
    Posts: 1,005
    Aurora HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quenchy, I guess its just the americans I've met that thought I was weird when I was talking of buns then! Lol
    Pavement - its that stuff by the side of the road that you walk on. Do you call it that too?
    And no disrepect to your parents, but its your life. The only person you have to make happy is you. So if thats the job you want - go out there and get it girl.
    Hugs from H xoxo
    __________________
    Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree today.

     
    Old 04-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #128
    Quencher
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Quencher's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 279
    Quencher HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    Quenchy, I guess its just the americans I've met that thought I was weird when I was talking of buns then! Lol
    Pavement - its that stuff by the side of the road that you walk on. Do you call it that too?
    And no disrepect to your parents, but its your life. The only person you have to make happy is you. So if thats the job you want - go out there and get it girl.
    Hugs from H xoxo
    Yeah, I call the pavement the pavement too-- either that or the "sidewalk." It's just that you said "the road" so that confused me a little. I refer "the road" to the part that cars drive on, not where people are walking.

    But anyhow, I know it's my life and I should be able to do whatever I want and yaddie yaddie yah. BUT, I still have to keep in mind that my parents are my parents, and I've still gotta listen to them just 'cause. And it's my job to do whatever they say and please 'em 'cause frankly if I don't, then they're gonna be SO disappointed, and then I'm gonna have to deal with their lectures for the rest of my life.. and they're not gonna consider me their daughter anymore, and I won't be able to earn enough money to be their "social security" etc etc. You know the drill. And yet again, I have to put myself down, not because I want to, but because I truly, truly believe it. I honestly believe that I have NO chance in becoming successful as a voice-over, sooo you know, lol.
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Eschew obfuscation.

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #129
    dilemma
    Member
     
    dilemma's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Posts: 82
    dilemma HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    hello lovely ladies!!! (pamelyssa, quencharoo, and aura--i think i kinda like ror too or roar, as in a "roar" of strength, courage, and success! or i'm a tigress (goddess?), hear me roar!)

    oy, i'm about 10 pages behind!! i suppose i'll get to the ones specified to me in good time, however, i just wanted to let y'all know that after just reading through all your posts, you've given me quite a few bouts of the giggles . i love the little exercises quench prescribed and the "myths of the british" roar/aura cleared up, and the funy bits of light-hearted-sarcasm tossed in by char! you girls all have a talent for humour and should in no way have such self-defeating attitudes! roar--i hope your day treatment is going well: it's day two, yes? you're going to do great! and quench--good luck with the school work, if you ever have a typeable question, feel free to post a quick one either here or on my thread, and i will do my best to help you answer it... i do wish we had a more direct method of conversing--that would help with the question/answer thing. and char--keep up your upbeat attitude. so you went shopping today? yay! that means you're exercising and always know that i'm here for you too and will definitely not be doing the unspeakable... so don't worry too much about that, okay? the worst i've ever gotten is just becoming a reclusive hermit... and i mean HERMIT. . anyhow... i've just spent about 2 hours procrastinating... and it's 3.30am!!! should probably get back to the homework... no sleep tonight??
    well you all have wonderful days now, you hear??

    take cares,
    ~em

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 09:05 AM   #130
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dilemma
    hello lovely ladies!!! (pamelyssa, quencharoo, and aura--i think i kinda like ror too or roar, as in a "roar" of strength, courage, and success! or i'm a tigress (goddess?), hear me roar!)

    oy, i'm about 10 pages behind!! i suppose i'll get to the ones specified to me in good time, however, i just wanted to let y'all know that after just reading through all your posts, you've given me quite a few bouts of the giggles . i love the little exercises quench prescribed and the "myths of the british" roar/aura cleared up, and the funy bits of light-hearted-sarcasm tossed in by char! you girls all have a talent for humour and should in no way have such self-defeating attitudes! roar--i hope your day treatment is going well: it's day two, yes? you're going to do great! and quench--good luck with the school work, if you ever have a typeable question, feel free to post a quick one either here or on my thread, and i will do my best to help you answer it... i do wish we had a more direct method of conversing--that would help with the question/answer thing. and char--keep up your upbeat attitude. so you went shopping today? yay! that means you're exercising and always know that i'm here for you too and will definitely not be doing the unspeakable... so don't worry too much about that, okay? the worst i've ever gotten is just becoming a reclusive hermit... and i mean HERMIT. anyhow... i've just spent about 2 hours procrastinating... and it's 3.30am!!! should probably get back to the homework... no sleep tonight??
    well you all have wonderful days now, you hear??
    take cares,
    ~em

    Hiya Emmy!!

    What?? Me, sarcastic?? Ooops!! I've been found out!! Well, you sound a bit more chipper and I'm sooooo glad! I just answered you on....oh, gee, I think it was your thread...I bounce back and forth so much that this is how I feel only sideways!!!!!!! Anyway, yep, homework es muy importante!! Don't want to keep you from that! Just chat at us every so often because you know we love ya!! Glad you found all the posts amusing and entertaining and hope they cheered you a bit. We did miss you, tho, a LOT...and, well, you know by now that I worried a lot, too. And I'm TOO old for that kind of worry!!!!!!! Talk to you soon????

    HUGS!!!!!!!!
    Char/pam

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 09:18 AM   #131
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quencher
    Yeah, I call the pavement the pavement too-- either that or the "sidewalk." It's just that you said "the road" so that confused me a little. I refer "the road" to the part that cars drive on, not where people are walking.

    But anyhow, I know it's my life and I should be able to do whatever I want and yaddie yaddie yah. BUT, I still have to keep in mind that my parents are my parents, and I've still gotta listen to them just 'cause. And it's my job to do whatever they say and please 'em 'cause frankly if I don't, then they're gonna be SO disappointed, and then I'm gonna have to deal with their lectures for the rest of my life.. and they're not gonna consider me their daughter anymore, and I won't be able to earn enough money to be their "social security" etc etc. You know the drill. And yet again, I have to put myself down, not because I want to, but because I truly, truly believe it. I honestly believe that I have NO chance in becoming successful as a voice-over, sooo you know, lol.


    Hi O'Quencher!

    I decided to make you irish today, I guess. Did you know I was born on St, Patrick's Day?? In fact, Kurt Russell and I share the same EXACT birth date. How about that?? :-)

    I have to ask you - what do you mean by having to be your parents "social security"?? Uhhh, dearie, they are supposed to be YOUR social security, you know??? Until you are 18, at least, longer if you go to college. I think you try to put waaaaay more on you than you should. You're 15!! I know that may seem old to you, and you're REALLY smart and all, but technically, you are still a kid!! And I don't mean that disrespectfully - it's simple fact.

    Have you ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophesy??? If you keep thinking and saying you won't be successful, you won't be, simply because you believed it so strongly. It's difficult, I know, but you NEED to start thinking more positively. "I can't" means you won't. "I can" means you will AT LEAST give it your all!!!! And you will have a positive attitude!! You always say "can't" but I KNOW you can do waaaaaaaaaaay more than you think you can. I really, really mean that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk to you soon!

    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Char/pam

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #132
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Hi Aura!!!

    I have been thinking of you and soooooo hoping everything is going well at the treatment facility! Currently it is 10:40am Pacific time, so I suspect it's evening there and maybe you're already home?? I hope everything went BETTER than you expected it would and that you will find success in the coming weeks that you soooooo well deserve. I am rooting you on - we all are here...but you already knew that. So, our precious English rose, let us know how you are faring, OK?? Talk with you soon??

    HUGS!!!!!!!
    Char/pam

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 01:36 PM   #133
    Aurora
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Aurora's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: London, UK
    Posts: 1,005
    Aurora HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Hi peeps, me again.
    Sorry to be annoying but I am feeling rather drained of energy after today. So if you want to know what happened would you mind reading my answer on the 'Whats the Point' thread. Only I have 3 regular threads and the thought of typing the same thing three times just was too much.
    But to continue your english lessons (Lol I am crazy) here are some more for you:-
    Sneakers - we call them trainers. No idea why the difference.
    Football - to us football is what you call soccer.
    Foodwise - Courgette is what you call Zucchini.
    What we call Mars bar, you call Milky Way and what we call Milky Way you call Three Musketeers (although that is 2nd hand info so maybe its wrong!)
    What we call chips you call french fries and what you call chips we call crisps.
    Trunk.In the US what we call the boot of a car. In the UK, a trunk is the front end of an elephant.
    Aaaannnnyyyyway. I am sure thats enough for now.
    TTFN
    HUgs Aura/Roar/H
    PS I like the idea of being a tigress - hear me roar
    __________________
    Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree today.

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #134
    Charlyssa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Charlyssa's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Nevada
    Posts: 576
    Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    Hi peeps, me again.
    Sorry to be annoying but I am feeling rather drained of energy after today. So if you want to know what happened would you mind reading my answer on the 'Whats the Point' thread. Only I have 3 regular threads and the thought of typing the same thing three times just was too much.
    But to continue your english lessons (Lol I am crazy) here are some more for you:-
    Sneakers - we call them trainers. No idea why the difference.
    Football - to us football is what you call soccer.
    Foodwise - Courgette is what you call Zucchini.
    What we call Mars bar, you call Milky Way and what we call Milky Way you call Three Musketeers (although that is 2nd hand info so maybe its wrong!)
    What we call chips you call french fries and what you call chips we call crisps.
    Trunk.In the US what we call the boot of a car. In the UK, a trunk is the front end of an elephant.
    Aaaannnnyyyyway. I am sure thats enough for now.
    TTFN
    HUgs Aura/Roar/H
    PS I like the idea of being a tigress - hear me roar

    Hiya Aura!!

    Hey, you made it thru the day tho!!!!!! I read your post on the "what's" thread, but I felt like posting there would be an intrusion. Just me, I guess! Anyhoo, so you spit a bit in a Kleenex - that's not that bad!! I can imagine that this will all be rough on you for a while, and that's quite understandable. I'm just so glad you made it thru the day w/o running, screaming out the door!! LOL I did imagine that a bit...but thought, nahhhh, our Aura can DO THIS!! Wonderful, just wonderfull!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

    And I love what you posted above - do you know that in the south (U.S.) they speak of "boots" and "bonnets"?? I was surprised to hear that, but my son lived in Georgia for 2 years and told me about that. Apparently it's a carryover from the early English settler days. I think it's all so interesting, the different words we use...for the same exact thing. Gotta love it!

    Take care, Aury!!

    HUGS!!!!
    Char/pam

     
    Old 04-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #135
    Aurora
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Aurora's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: London, UK
    Posts: 1,005
    Aurora HB User
    Re: Anyone a compulsive overeater??

    Well I'm not saying that I didn't have my moments where the thought of just upping and leaving weren't severely tempting. But what choice do I have, I have 3 choices. 1) I go to full inpatient as was originally suggested to me, but I can't bear that, I have a home and a husband. 2) day patient as today. 3) try on my own and see how much lower BMI I can reach before I kill myself. So it seems the best idea for me. But that in no way makes it easier.
    How are you doing though Char-coal? Thanks for all your encouragement.
    Hugs H xoxo
    __________________
    Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree today.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Compulsive overeating dinobites Eating Disorder Recovery 1 11-19-2004 06:46 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!