It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• stressed and anxious about presentation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2004, 06:59 AM   #1
    LunaCat4

LunaCat4 HB User
    Unhappy stressed and anxious about presentation

I am so nervous. I have to give a presentation today. I have social anxiety and talking in front of people is the worst thing. I haven't given a talk in 3 years either, since high school, and my last talk wasn't great, so that isn't helping. And none of my friends understand at all, I try to calm myself down but that doesn't work well and I keep practicing but even when I do that I start getting shaky and my heart pounds . AHHHHHHH! I just had to post here because i knew everyone here would understand me at least. My doctor gave me Lorazepam to take before but i'v enever taken a tranquilizer, so I don't know how it will affect me exactly. Anyway, just venting and relieving alittle stress, bye everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2004, 01:33 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: stressed and anxious about presentation

that med is very helpful, take some about 1 hour before the presentation, also remember to breathe deep and slow and dont hold your breath, keep breathing

Old 04-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
    ucf06

ucf06 HB User

I get very anxious and stressed before a presentation too. I even took a speech class, but it didn't help. Can you get Lorazepam over the counter?

Old 04-20-2004, 05:03 PM   #4
    isolated one
    Inactive

isolated one HB User

Are you sure it's in your best interest to take a strong prescription sedative? I hope you at least do your own research and learn of the side effects, addiction potential, and long term consequences. Doctors are overprescribing antidepressants and sedatives. If you're interested, there's a natural alternative that's fairly new to the market. It's called L-Theanine, an amino acid found in the leaves of the Green Tea plant. It reduces anxiety and gives the feeling of mental calm with out any sedation. It's not a sedative at all and it even helps you to better focus your thoughts. I just started taking L-Theanine and I can't say enough about it.

Closed Thread