It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM   #136
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

LOL Neca...woohoo..someone who can talk as much as I do in a post ! I wish I could tell you about all of the people who I've either A.) read about or B.) know , who have cured themselves through diet. The thing is...everyone is different though. I have known others who have gone the diet route and been able to eat much more meat than I can, or can tolerate oatmeal. Maybe it is because I didn't start with any of the cleanses first and that is why my diet must be alot more refined than others..but either way, it poses no problems for me, and whether the cleanses have raised my tolerance..I probably won't test my boundaries any, because I enjoy the way I eat...and I feel there are other health benefits to it as well. That does remind me though...I did come across some various interesting salad recipes that I've gotta post! I just have to go back and find them . Maybe they can bring a little more variety for everyone. Oh, another thought about an interesting recipe..well, it could be interesting..I've never tried it. I know with macrobiotic recipes they include kombu with alot of dishes...maybe it would go well with quinoa flakes? The reason I'm thinking this is because I know they suggest adding salt to quinoa flakes, and kombu is a bit salty. Hmm, just a thought. I eat these maybe twice a year lol, but it still might be interesting!

Neca, I feel like I relate to you in terms of how long it is taking you..because it took me longer than everyone else as well! I was just wondering about some things beyond diet. You say that you tend to have alot of oil production on your face....do you use fabric softener or dryer sheets? These cause alot of people to break out because they generally leave a layer of oil on peoples faces/bodies (most people also tend to use these softeners/sheets on their laundry loads of towels ). For some reason my sensitivity to detergents and fabric softeners was a little high....so generally I don't use a towel to dry my face...instead it either air dries, or dries from the air coming from my fan on my desk (but that's just me!). Your oil production should have decreased with diet, so that's why I was wondering if maybe there was something else causing the oilyness on your face. Just a thought .

LOL Indy and Neca about the waking up early! I can't ever get more than a few hours of sleep these nights! I am just never ever tired...it's driving me insane! lol I used to go to bed around 10 and wake up around 7...now I can't get to sleep until 1 or 2, and I still wake up at 7! I feel like I should be getting more sleep to give myself healing time...but I just can't sleep! lol

As for myself, I don't drink much green tea, though it is nice with some lemon and a bit of honey. I don't care much for almonds in honey though, honey is just a little too sweet for me. But, I eat plenty of fruit and I'm sure that's enough sugar for me for the day!

Indy, you just eat apples and some almond butter and go till lunch with nothing? Maybe I have a bigger appetite than you lol. Why don't you bring something to snack on? Maybe some almonds, or hazelnuts, or raw carrots, or a grapefruit...or something else? If you've got a desk, you could always pick up one of those mini desktop fridges (which you can get pretty cheap) and keep it up on your desk to keep your snacks cool .

Neca, your right, eating smaller meals throughout the day is much better for you. When you eat a meal, you should not make yourself "full". I remember the days where I used to stuff myself 3 times a day (everyday was like Thanksgiving for me lol)....I felt terrible! As for the paragone, I don't think it should harm your teeth? It didn't have any effects on mine as far as I can tell. I'm not too sure about the bentonite? Let's see...mine says Purified Bentonite GP Premium (Yerba Prima Great Plains Detox Bentonite), if that helps any? You'll have to check with Prometheus on that one.

As for the cleanses....they are important. Diet will heal you, but think of it this way...If a car hasn't been taken care of/kept up (no tune ups, not changing the oil, bad fuel/oil, etc) the entire time the owner has had it and then one day the owner decides...well, today I think I am going to put good gas and high quality oil in it...well..it may run a little better, but it still has junk and problems left behind from it not being taken care of previously...so it's not going to run like a brand new off the showroom floor car. Haha, okay, did that make any sense? I've been up too long...no sleep, an abundance of energy, and a few too many apples can make you loopy sometimes!

LOL, Yes, I should grow my own fruits and veggies. My health food store beams when I walk in..I think it's because they know that I'll be walking out broke and they'll have all of my money lol. I eat alot (let's just say I can go through a jar of almond butter easily in one day, and still have plenty of room leftover for much much more food). But, I'm also a pretty active person, and I don't want to lose anymore weight, so I do keep plenty of snacks on hand.

As for things going through your system easily...well that is just great! You know what shocked me a few months back? Well, I went to a new doctor near me for a checkup (I like to get my blood checked every now and then...I almost think it's become a habit lol. My levels are fine and everything, but, it's just a fun passtime to find out all of the cool stuff about your blood! lol..and if you do have anything wrong with it, trust me, you'll see everything become perfect levels for your bloodwork). Anyhow, back to the story! Well, they asked the general questions, one being how many bowel movements do I have each day. I said everyday, atleast 2-3. The doctor looked at me like I was crazy! Her exact words were "That is not good. If your having that many bowel movements a day, than too much is going out of you! Nobody should be eliminating that much." If that's the advice a doctor gives..well then give me a white coat and a thermometer and call me Doc, because I know that I can do much more good for her patients than she can!

Keep up the cleansing and eating well! It will pay off. Sometimes it takes time for our bodies to adjust/clean out/and get better overall. I know a few people who switched to raw food diets and didnt finally experience "fully clear skin" until 9 mnths to 1 1/2 years later (one had acne most of their life, the other had developed adult acne, and they didn't change anything other than diet, so I'm very convinced this was it!). Don't get discouraged. Nobody develops acne overnight, and nobody can fix it overnight either . But, I think alot more people are on the right track to fixing it..and fixing any other health problems they might have. BTW, you asked how long it was before I could look and say "I have clear skin". Well, I honestly think everyone judges themselves alot more than others, and when your achieving results slowly..you don't always recognize them. I didn't think my skin was "flawless" or anything like that a few months back, but what opened my eyes a little bit more was when the nurse taking my blood looked at me and said "you have the smoothest complexion I have ever seen, what do you use on your face!" I just smiled and said it's what goes inside of me..not on me. Right when I got done and she was walking me out another nurse complimented me on how my skin seemed to glow and was wondering what I used on it....when you hear things like that, it feels great! That's when I finally took a good look in the mirror and realized I didnt have any bumps at all, just a few fading marks, and I seemed to be the only one who noticed those! And that was a few months back, and I think my complexion looks 100x better now .

I hope that covered everything...sometimes I just start typing and stray wayyyy of topic.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 09:13 PM   #137
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Okay, in my last post I said I would post a few recipes, so here it goes.

Now, I have never tried any of these recipes...so don't blame me if they taste bad! lol
    I do have some good juice recipes I'll have to post too sometime. I have so much stuff saved on my computer that I can't find half of it. I seem to lack organization skills .

SALAD:
    Sprigs of freshwater watercress
    Baby leaf spinach
    Cubed fresh (cooked) beetroot
    Carrots
    Cherry tomatoes
    Cucumber
    Celery

TOPPED WITH: Olive oil (cold pressed), crushed garlic, lemon juice, powdered pure mustard<~~no idea about this stuff...but I do think Prometheus may have tried it? (You can also add in: 1 can of wild alaskan salmon) I recommend Crown Prince..I love their natural line!

SALAD:
    Red Cabbage shredded, carrots shredded, and cucumbers sliced thin.

TOPPED WITH: Juiced orange, half lemon with rind and fresh ginger (You can also add in: young coconut milk)

VEGGIE SOUP:
    Lots of water
    (all chopped up):
    2 zuchinni
    3 Carrots
    1/4 Butternut squash
    3 stems Celery
    1 yellow pepper
    2 red onions
    1 bunch asparagus
    small amount of seaweed
    Loads of parsley
    Simmer for about 45 minutes.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:42 AM   #138
    Phil446
    Inactive

Phil446 HB User

Hey

God I am amazed by your theories.To be honest everything sounds so fantastic and natural but I don't know whether I should be applying this new lifestyle or not.I mean I am 16 years old, and on one hand, it is certainly good to live health but I keep being told that on an age of 16 years old (teenyears) it is no good to treat your body like that.The most you can do is just make sure you avoid everything what is breaking you out.

I'd love to start this kind of lfiestyle but I just want to make sure I wont have any other effects and it wont block my growing process.

Thanks

Old 04-27-2004, 05:36 AM   #139
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Hi Ryan,

The main reason why I am able to do this diet is because I have a husband doing a low carb diet of his own as well. If I had to cook regular meals for a family and kids, or if I was a teenager at home having to eat what my parents cook for me, then it would be next to impossible to maintain this diet. Thankfully, I am independent and can eat what I want (even though my mother thinks I am a freak for eliminating dairy from my diet). (If she only knew about the cleanses I was doing... )

I think that when you are sixteen years old, some acne is to be expected because of your hormones. However, keep in mind that what you eat does affect your hormones and can make your acne worse. Milk has cow growth hormones in it, meat has hormones in it, and excess carbohydrates produce insulin which also is a hormone and affects acne. So, eating better will help no matter what age you are.

As for a healthy diet hurting your growing process, as long as you eat a variety of natural foods (meaning don't make lettuce the only vegetable you eat), you'll be fine. You know, if eating the typical western diet doesn't affect our growing processes, a natural diet can only do your body good.

Meagan,
    Your veggie soup recipe sounds good!

Quote:
    Indy, you just eat apples and some almond butter and go till lunch with nothing? Maybe I have a bigger appetite than you lol. Why don't you bring something to snack on?
    Not just some apples (lol), I would wither away if I only ate that! LOTS of fruit and some almond butter. And yes, I snack on nuts and seeds, the hard part is making sure I stop snacking 3 hours before taking my dose of paragone. How much longer until you finish your paragone completely? Any other cleanses planned once you finish paragone?

Wow, if you can eat a whole jar of almond butter in one day, no wonder the health food shop smiles when they see you coming! The other day I accidently picked up a jar of organic almond butter and it rang up $13! I went back and got the non-organic kind for "only" $8.

Have either of you (Meagan/Neca) been getting new breakouts while doing the Paragone? Because of all the toxins I wondered if that could cause breakouts. I woke up with a small headache today and a new spot forming on my cheek.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:15 AM   #140
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

lol, Well if you try it let me know! Other suggestions were to add sea salt, or apple cider vinegar to it...so not sure about that! I'm done with cleansing..or atleast for the moment. Right now I'm just giving my body some break time...I do have a few other cleanses planned. I had *thought* about doing a heavy metal cleanse....but once I started reading about how well kombu and other sea veggies help rid the body of heavy metals...I decided that for now I would stick to my kombu eating. I'm really not sure whether or not I'll pursue the liver cleanse as of yet. I'm scared of that one! I know there is no reason to be, but hopefully I'll get it over that sometime. I do have a few liver cleansing salad and juice recipes that your supposed to do for 7 days I think, as a type of "cleanse", so I'll probably pursue some of those as well. I've been working on cleaning out my lymph system a bit (skin brushing and rebounding), but I've been so lazy in regards to that. So, I plan to try to make it a daily routine. I've got a whole list going actually somewhere on my computer about all of the things I want to do, and about products I want to try. But, like I said before, nothing is very organized on my computer, so sometimes it takes me awhile to find things.

Ryan..., yeah I don't think I would suggest you taking on diet. I would just try to eat healthier. I have read books about teens adapting on to various lifestyles, one such as raw food, but I definitely don't think its possibly for every teenager. If you don't have alot of control over what you eat, or everything your parents buy, then it's not for you. Secondly, eating better can cost alot...and if you don't have a job of your own, or can't afford to spend money on food each month, it's definitely not a route you should go. My food bill each month for me alone is atleast $300. That is with buying half and half (some things on sale, some not...). Plus, you are in your parents household, and if you are living with anyone and you are adapting to a new diet/lifestyle...they must adapt as well. So, my suggestions would be to try and eat healthier..include more fruits and vegetables..if it doesnt heal you, it will atleast help you.

Indy...you get your almond butter for 13$ organic? I pay 16$ for mine , and it's not even my favorite kind. I settle for it though alot of times because my favorite kind is 18-20$ a jar (I have to order it online...I think its actually about 15$, but shipping is another 5), and if I order it through my health food store they charge me about 21$. I keep telling myself that one day I'll just learn how to make it..but then again it's ALOT easier buying it lol.

BTW Indy, yes I did experience a small breakout when I first started paragone. I was clear when I started, but I began getting 2 small red spots towards to outer edge of my cheek...they both disappeared within a day or so though...nothing serious. I also at one point felt like I was getting some type of fever blister, but that as well disappeared within about a day.

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 04-27-2004 at 09:24 AM.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #141
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    I was just wondering about some things beyond diet. You say that you tend to have alot of oil production on your face....do you use fabric softener or dryer sheets? These cause alot of people to break out because they generally leave a layer of oil on peoples faces/bodies (most people also tend to use these softeners/sheets on their laundry loads of towels
    Yeh, I was kinda hoping that with my improved diet, my oil production would decrease but it hasn't unfortunately. I do use fabric softener to wash my duvet covers and pillow cases, however I sleep on my back so my face hardly ever touches them. I just realised that I also stupidly use fabric softener when I was my bathroom towels which definitely can't be too good for drying my face after I have washed it. See the problem is what else can you use when you put your clothes, towels, covers etc. in the washing machine. All fabric softeners and washing powder are full of chemicals and I have yet to find a real alternative. But I think I will have to definitely start hand washing my towels. That will be a good start.

The thing is that it has been a long time since my nose has been clear of spots, it seems to almost always have blemishes, whiteheads or blackheads which is so frustrating. It is always very oily, my pores are quite large in this area and the flaps of the nose are very red. I just wish I could get rid of all this. A couple of derms told me this was sebhorreic dermatitis but I have used several treatments in the past and none have worked. I swear my body is trying to tell me something with regards to this. Hopefully the cleanses will resolve this matter. I'm not sure if this can be related to my occasional facial flushes though. If I get nervous, stressed out or do some physical activity I will have a rush of blotchiness to my face and it can last up to 30secs-60secs. You know when you try and drink say a glass of water really quickly and all in one and after you have drunk it you will this light head rush well I can even get the flushes then. It's so random, annoying and embarassing. I experienced this for the past three years now and it has got worst. I swear there is something wrong going on somewhere inside of me because this so shouldn't happen. It must be hormonal, I dunno? I even got my thryoid checked a few months back and all my results were perfect. I think the only way I can address this problem is probably homoepathy. Can any relate/experienced this?

Phew, am glad you guys are also experienced this increase in energy and am not the only one, lol. MsMeaganMay you seemed super-revitalised so I would agree that it's probably a good idea to stay off the honey as that would give you even MORE energy, lol ! You have really convinced me on this almond butter issue. I am obssessed/addicted to raw almonds and won't even tell you how many I can eat in one day. That's great you can eat an entire jar in one day and still have room for more food, I am definitely gonna get some on my next shopping trip. But what I don't get is why is it so expensive? What's involved in the process of making almond butter that requires such a high price and surely we can make it ourselves..just need a good blender or am I wrong?

Quote:
    they asked the general questions, one being how many bowel movements do I have each day. I said everyday, atleast 2-3. The doctor looked at me like I was crazy! Her exact words were "That is not good. If your having that many bowel movements a day, than too much is going out of you! Nobody should be eliminating that much." If that's the advice a doctor gives..well then give me a white coat and a thermometer and call me Doc, because I know that I can do much more good for her patients than she can!
    LOL! now that is hilarious! I swear doctors have totally lost it, they rely to much on material that has been force fed to them during their graduate years. It is a common fact that frequent bowel movements ARE good for the body and NECESSARY for it to function at an optimum level. What did you say to her in reply, I hope you showed her who was boss

MsMeagan when you recounted your story about the nurses complimenting you on your skin that really did bring a big smile to my face. To hear those words again but have been real great and encouraging. And you couldn't have summarised it better when you said 'it's what goes inside of me..not on me'! That is so true!

I love my salads and almost all the ingredients you listed in your post I use. The key to the perfect salad is the dressing and how much you use. The best dressings are lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, red onions and parsley all mixed together. I've never tried adding a juiced orange though but it does sound original lol. The veggie soup sounds great and will have to try it out one time. What's Butternut squash, I've never heard of it?

Ryan Phillippe, you've got the right approach with regards to cleansing/dieting. Basically, it's generally thought that cleansing of any form is not recommended to those under 17 years old. Your growing and your body is developing so putting it under a reasonably restricted diet and cleansing could damage it especially if your organs/hormones have not fully established themselves. Moreover, your immune system functioning at it's optimum level is key when you are young and growing.

So I would say for the time being give the cleansing a miss but as everyone has suggested, try to eat as healthy as possible. This means simply eating more fruit and veg, less fast food, more organic food. Do as much exercise as possible and try and sleep at consistent times...definitely don't follow our insomniac times If you needs any tips on suggestions etc. about how to resolve any skin problems then just post your questions...

Indy, you say you experienced a break-out today and a small headache? Has the headache passed since then? And how serious do you think the break out is? Only one large spot or several? Are you only doing 1 P&B shake a day, maybe you should up to 2-3 to get the toxins out quicker? I've been normal since starting, no real breakouts to note.

MsMeagan, after these cleanses I think I am definitely gonna cleanse my liver. I noticed in the ParaGONE box there is a leaflet with all the cleanses that the company makes. It says they have a liver cleanse so I may have a look into that because the olive oil/grapefruit version seems too heavy. I mean drinking that much Olive Oil in one go is a bit much for me. Plus I love Olive Oil and would probably be put off it if I drank it down in large amounts. If the sea veggies are adequate heavy metal cleansers then that is great, I'm gonna have to definitely purchase an entire ocean of these

Old 04-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #142
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

I just read that to effectively remove the mucoid plaque during the bowel cleanse, you need to be doing 4-5 P&B shakes a day which is quite alot. I haven't passed anymore MP since that one time about two weeks ago so I may consider increasing my dosage. Apparently doing 2 shakes a day breaks down only small MP bits therefore takes many months to properly remove everything. MsMeagan have you removed all MP successfully or are you just on a temporary break and will start up soon?

Old 04-27-2004, 11:04 AM   #143
    rania
    (female)

rania HB User

gosh i know exactly what it feels like to have good skin after such a long time and then break out. It's the most horrible feeling ever.U just want to curl up and die whn that happens.U have these wonderufl days where u can take on anything and anyone and u relaly dont think a pimple cud ever ruin ur life again and then there it is...out there, to embarass u. I've been on anitobiotics ever since i was 19 and though, sometimes, it got to me that other people dont have to do anything and have clear, wonderufl skin and i have to continuously worry about my next pill, still, the benefits of taking medication never made me feel too bad. Antiobiotics has given me a new life. I can actually dress up and go out, and not be embarassed by my skin. I understand that some people dont respond to medication..and im hoping i wont get immune to my medication either, otehrwise i dont know what i'll do! I'm a totally new person since my face has cleared up. I still have my bad days when i go off of the meds, but its only for a while before im right back on them. I dont mind taking meds for the rest of my life if thats what it takes to keep my skin clear. The emotional disaster that comes with acne is just too hard to handle.Atleast for me.I hope whatever ur doing now is working for u. I just wanted u to know that ur not alone.Good luck!

Old 04-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #144
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Ok Neca, here goes a simple recipe I found for making raw almond butter.

Buy a coffee grinder (most are as cheap as $10 or so)

Soak nuts of choice in water until they are completely saturated (usually 1-2 days, depending on the nut)

Grind the nuts up really well in the grinder.

Transfer to a food processor and add water to form the appropriate consistency.

It's supposed to be pretty good. I'm thinking of trying it soon..if I have any luck and it becomes something I do regularly then maybe I shall start a business and I'll just send you, Prometheus, and Indy almond butter for free . Atleast now I have a new project to attempt on a rainy day! I've come across a few other ways of making almond butter, but they are a bit more complicated and require the more expensive juicers/blenders, which I don't have as of yet. I do plan on getting a solostar juicer within the next few months though, I'm excited !

Oh...heres a few more recipes .

Carrot Pate: (I could be mistaken...but I thought I remember Prometheus mentioning eating this once...so maybe it's good? lol
    5 carrots
    2 cups almonds, soaked 12-48 hours and blanched
    1/4 cup carrot or other fresh juice
    1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
    3 T lemon juice
    Ground kelp

In the food processor it goes, and out either on your salad, or wrapped in lettuce.

Now I'm just not so sure about this next recipe..but it does sound like an interesting "dessert".

Endive "cups":
    (for 10 leaf cups, double is needed)
    1 head endive
    1-2 carrots, grated
    1/3 cup raw almond butter
    ½ cup almonds soaked overnight

Separate and wash endive leaves. Mix carrots and almond butter. Spoon into leaves. Top with ground almonds. Arrange on platter...and...eat!

For everyone looking for pie crusts if they are in need of them. Here is one...I do believe this is similar to what they recommend for low carbers as well, though I could be wrong.

Almond Pie Crust:
    2 cups almonds (soaked overnight)
    1/3 - 1/2 cup dates
    Put in a food processor with a little water.

Broccoli-Waldorf Salad:
    2 cups broccoli, cut in small pieces
    1 apple cubed
    4 stalks celery, diced
    1 cup grapes, sliced in half
    1 cup walnuts (which have been soaked)
    ½ cup apple cider vinegar
    1/4 cup olive oil

Once again, I have never tried any of these...but they are natural food recipes, and they do sound interesting, so I thought I'd post them.

Here is the liver cleansing salad recipe:
    1 cup or more of carrot pulp, or grated carrot, or the carrot remains from juicing.
    1 tablespoon each or more of olive oil and lemon juice, with raisins, seeds or spices (recommended to try ginger) to flavor.

Eat this for 7 days in a row (I'm pretty sure you caneat other things....but have this as one of your meals), no skipping any days .

Good Juice for the liver:
    fresh-squeezed carrot/apple/parsley/beet juice as often as you can.

Neca, I still use regular laundry detergent (I try to get the ones that do not contain any of the scents etc...just plain laundry detergent, and I don't use fabric softener/softener sheets.) Alot of people have reported on clearer skin once cutting out softeners...most do okay with just the detergent. There are natural detergents, and there are ways to make your own natural detergent...but, I haven't gotten around to either of those yet lol. So right now I stick to plain unscented boring laundry detergent lol. I dont wash my face in the shower, I wash it right when I get out, and then let it air dry. This helped my breakouts caused from the softeners and such, but didn't clear me up....but it is something I started doing since about 2 years ago, and it really seemed to help, especially because back then I already had enough oil on my face from diet, and did not need any excess oil from fabric softeners going onto my face.

Well, I've done alot of posting today! I have the day off, I'm on an energy rush, and I have nothing to do lol. Maybe it's a good day to attempt making nut butter. Hmmm....

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 04-27-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #145
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

My goodness, you ladies post novels! I feel like I never have the time.

Quote:
    you say you experienced a break-out today and a small headache? Has the headache passed since then? And how serious do you think the break out is? Only one large spot or several? Are you only doing 1 P&B shake a day, maybe you should up to 2-3 to get the toxins out quicker?
    It was a small headache when waking up, but by the time I got out of the shower, it was better. I have been getting more frequent headaches, but they are minor. The breakout is one spot forming on my cheek since yesterday. It hasn't come to a head yet, but it is sore and raised up a bit. I am sporting 2 other pimples right now because the night before starting paragone (Thur night) we went to a buffet for dinner. I was good, only ate meat and veggies.... but, I had one tiny sliver of cornbread (I couldn't resist!) Well, 3 days later two pimples popped up and they still haven't cured. During the paragone I am following the diet 100% though, I swear!

I am only doing 1 P&B shake a day, because I don't know how I would get the morning dose in. I would have to get up 2 hours before going into work, and I don't feel like getting up that early. Now I seem to be having more frequent movements. The first 2 days of paragone I didn't have hardly any, which concerned me. Now however, things are moving along, and some weird stuff is coming out, although still nothing scary (huge relief!).

Quote:
    I just read that to effectively remove the mucoid plaque during the bowel cleanse, you need to be doing 4-5 P&B shakes a day
    4-5 a day! Where did you read that? I haven't seen any MP, and was thinking that maybe, just maybe, I didn't have any in me. (Or is that just wishful thinking?)

Meagan - Congrats on finishing your cleanse! Enjoy taking a break for a while, you deserve it. And congrats on that compliment you got for your skin! That has to make you feel wonderful! Do you wear foundation? Have you always used the vitamin C cleanser you mentioned before, or is that something new you switched to? Another question I had, what does kombu look like? I tried to find it in the health food store, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place. What state do you live in?

Old 04-27-2004, 08:24 PM   #146
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

LOL, Yes, for now, I'm done cleansing. I may pick up the bowel cleanse and be a little more thorough with it later on..but right now I just don't have the time to properly cleanse like I would like to, and I don't think when I do it I should just be lazy with it....so my next ventures into cleansing may be postponed for a few weeks until my schedule clears up a bit. I haven't always used Jason's Super C Cleanser...infact, for I've used various things all of my life. I used neutrogena products on and off for a few years, cetaphil products, clean and clear, and all of that other stuff. Some of my worst breakouts were when I was using cetaphil. I read about the Jasons natural cleanser awhile back ago and switched to it, and it is fantastic stuff! It cleanses your face very well, cleans any makeup etc. off, and leaves it feeling very nice...not dry, not oily..just clean . I do wear foundation still, not near as often as I used to though. I used to wear it constantly, not a day without it, because seeing my skin without it was even more terrible. But, like I said before, I am still involved in performance type things of dancing/arts and so I do wear makeup. I don't wear a natural line of foundation/powder/blush...and I know that I should switch if I am going to continue to wear makeup...I just haven't gotten around to it yet . I do wear burts bees line of lip shimmer, eye liner, mascara, and eye shadow when I wear those things though, and I really enjoy them alot. Anyhow, if you get a chance, you two should give the cleanser a try...I highly recommend it. I did try avalon organics vit. c cleanser once before this one and didn't care for it as much. I began using this one quite a while ago, and I don't think it did much for my skin condition as far as breaking out...but it did get rid of that awful redness/flakiness that came from using other cleansers. BTW Neca, you asked about facial flushing. I had that for 2 or 3 years previously. The doctors diagnosed it as rosacea...though I'm not sure if that was it. Maybe it was a combination of things, as I can't seem to remember a time in the past 4 years or so where my face wasn't red....maybe it was "rosacea", maybe it was topicals, maybe it was my face wash, maybe it was my face scrubs...but maybe, it was the inside of me as well. What I do know now is that it is gone

I never saw any MP either..maybe I did not do the cleanse long enough or strong enough. But, I did get rid of other nasty things, and was quite satisfied with seeing things come out...even if they weren't MP.

Indy, I live in Texas. It can be quite difficult occasionally to locate what I'm looking for because most texans are into country home cooking lol....so most restaurants/stores/shops cater to that. But, it has become a little easier to locate organic fruits and veggies because the grocery stores are starting to carry more organic produce. As for the Kombu, Prometheus had introduced it to me earlier when she had tried kombu noodles. My health food store doesnt carry the noodles, but they do carry sun dried Kombu in packages. The brand I have is Emerald Cove Kombu, Premium quality dried seaweed. You can use it in soups and other things, to add a little flavor. It's supposed to also aid in digestion, and help to remove heavy metals from the body . Most of the time I just soften it up with some water (it says to run water over it and then wipe litely...then I eat it. It makes a good snack for me, kind of reminds me of beef jerky lol. Sounds weird, but I enjoy it!
    Take care!

Old 04-28-2004, 05:07 AM   #147
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy gal
    My goodness, you ladies post novels! I feel like I never have the time.
    LOL Indy! I am a guy, I really hope I don't come off sounding like a woman ha!

Well I also have to join the breakout group, yesterday I got quite a few mini-breakouts notably a few allergic reactions, whiteheads and a few red marks. The thing is this is to be expected as we are sweeping out all these parasites and toxins many old ones too but hopefully the breakouts will settle down within a few weeks.

Quote:
    was thinking that maybe, just maybe, I didn't have any in me. (Or is that just wishful thinking?)
    Like parasites, we ALL have MP even if you still don't see any after 6 months of cleansing. MP is the build up of mucous matter on the walls of the intestines. Also called a layering of mucin or glycoproteins (made up of 20 amino acids and 50% carbohydrates) which are naturally and appropriately secreted by intestines as protection from acids and toxins. Medical research indicates that mucoid plaque is a normal self-defense measure—natural protection from unnatural toxins. So as it is naturally produced we all have it but its thickness will vary from person to person. I read about the 4-5 shakes thing from RICHARD ANDERSON, N.D., N.M.D. article called "The Key to Excellent Health: Cleansing the Colon".

Quote:
    (Or is that just wishful thinking?)
    Unfortunately yep

MsMeagan it's quite promising that you are now clear even without seeing any MP, it probably means that the parasite kill was the crucial factor is clearing your skin. I'm sure the bowel cleansing played its part too but maybe the parasites were the ones causing the acne? What do you think was the key element in clearing your skin? I'm just glad it means I won't have to spend weeks trying to get rid of MP as it seems like the entire process takes ages.

Quote:
    maybe it was "rosacea", maybe it was topicals, maybe it was my face wash, maybe it was my face scrubs...but maybe, it was the inside of me as well. What I do know now is that it is gone
    OMG please tell me how you got rid of the facial flushing I am desperate to resolve this issue. Wow that is great, yours just went away? Do you remember when you stopped experiencing the flushes i.e. pre/post cleansing? I hate them so much! In my opinion, it's probably stressed related which naturally knocks the hormones out of balance causing strange blood flows. I don't think scrubs or face washes could cause it but maybe antibiotics or steroids which could create a leaky gut. I'm determined to sort this out though.

WOW that almond butter recipe seems great, thanks alot. It doesn't seem too difficult, just requires a bit of patience. LOL, you should so set up a 'MsMeaganMay's home-made almond butter' business. That would be great. But the hard part would be not actually eating the almond butter! A better idea would probably be to release your own 100% Organic Recipe Book. You have posted so many great recipes I'm sure it would be a best-seller .

Quote:
    Here is the liver cleansing salad recipe:
    1 cup or more of carrot pulp, or grated carrot, or the carrot remains from juicing.
    1 tablespoon each or more of olive oil and lemon juice, with raisins, seeds or spices (recommended to try ginger) to flavor.

Eat this for 7 days in a row (I'm pretty sure you caneat other things....but have this as one of your meals), no skipping any days .

Good Juice for the liver:
    fresh-squeezed carrot/apple/parsley/beet juice as often as you can.
    Now I'm really confused with regards to this 'Liver Cleansing Salad'. My salads always consist of loads of carrots, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice does that mean I have been cleansing my liver all my life, lol ? I don't use fresh-squeezed apple or beet juice though. This cleanse won't produce gallstones will it? It will just lightly clean the liver out.

Okie dok guys, speak to ya later..

Old 04-28-2004, 05:32 AM   #148
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Quote:
    I am a guy, I really hope I don't come off sounding like a woman
    *blushes* I am so sorry! I guess there was never any indication one way or another. For the longest time I thought Prometheus was a guy, then one day she posted something that made me know I was wrong.

Sorry about your breakout. Mine is still there too, this one big spot forming under the skin. Frustrating, but I know we have to be patient. Last night my husband made some vanilla pudding (low-carb) and offered me some, and I turned it down, because during the duration of the parasite kill I want to follow my diet 100% and see what the results end up being. If I ever get to where I am 100% clear, and go without no new breakouts for 2 weeks, then I will start introducing a few things back in my diet (like eggs), to see what I can and cannot eat.

I may have to go look for this Jason's cleanser. Where do you buy yours at Meagan? I am using Cetaphil cream cleanser in the am and bar soap in the pm, but if changing to something else can make my skin as radiant as your is, then I'm for trying it out.

I have a question that might sound dumb, but do carrots affect your skin? They are very high glycemic food, and doesn't that spike your blood sugar? Would that have any affect on the whole insulin-hormone connection? Just curious... We need to form a mini support group for those of us altering our diets to prevent acne. There are so many temptation out there!

Old 04-28-2004, 06:35 AM   #149
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Hey guys..

There is actually nothing wrong with high glycemic foods (some are very good for the body, like raw honey, or carrots, or certain tropical fruits. of course, tropical fruits are suited for bodies in warmer climates) and insulin as long as your body is willing to put forth the insulin it needs to control blood sugar and your body has what it needs to control inflammation. In order to do that, your body has to have enough free magnesium available. Your body will be frugal with insulin if it does not have enough magnesium. You don't have enough free magnesium available if you consume dairy, atleast the cow variety, or if you consume a lot of denatured/refined grains or refined sugar, or other anti-nutrients.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-28-2004 at 06:37 AM.

Old 04-28-2004, 06:46 AM   #150
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    Hey guys..

There is actually nothing wrong with high glycemic foods (some are very good for the body, like raw honey, or carrots, or certain tropical fruits. of course, tropical fruits are suited for bodies in warmer climates) and insulin as long as your body is willing to put forth the insulin it needs to control blood sugar and your body has what it needs to control inflammation. In order to do that, your body has to have enough free magnesium available. Your body will be frugal with insulin if it does not have enough magnesium. You don't have enough free magnesium available if you consume dairy, atleast the cow variety, or if you consume a lot of denatured/refined grains or refined sugar, or other anti-nutrients.

Ahh Prometheus answered everyones previous question about how can you have no dairy but good calcium levels. I bet you didn't even realize that, huh Prometheus Or maybe you did lol. Anyhow, you need plenty of magnesium for your body to absorb the calcium, and dairy depletes magnesium. Or something like that

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 04-28-2004 at 07:31 AM.

Closed Thread