It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• b5 and cystic acne..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2004, 11:40 PM   #1
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
    b5 and cystic acne..

Anyone had good results with this?

I have cystic acne, and ive been taking 8g's of twin labs b5 for a couple of weeks now, and my face has broken out with quite a few new cysts in diff spots than usual. I have heard that b5 is not recommended for cystic type acne, but i think my cystic acne is due to over oil production. Well i still have not noticed a decrease in oil over these last few weeks. Anyone else use b5 with cystic acne and it help at all? I just ordered a 200 and 100 count bottle, so i guess im going to go thru all these i bought or stop if my face keeps breaking out with no sign of quitting, then ill stop it. Im hoping im just getting another initial type breakout since i upped from 4g's to 8g's a day. I also am taking a b-complex and biotin, my hair is staying pretty intact so thats good. :P

Anyways, thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
    Memnoch636

Memnoch636 HB User
    Re: b5 and cystic acne..

I had cystic acne on my back. My face was continuously oily with persistant moderate acne. Every day was something new. A new spot to deal with...
    I did the B5 thing, going right for the 10 G a day thing. I broke out on my back in about two weeks. The initial breakout; almost all on my back. Horrible looking, and I had my doubts about B5 right there. I stuck with it.
    Then after 3 months (I went down to about 8 Grams a day) my face suddenly cleared.
    My back took more than 6 months to clear.
    Then I became cocky and started eating whatever I wanted (I wouldn't recomend it) Also I have a strange job with strange hours, un-even sleep paterns... Coffee addiction, horrible diet...
    I recently did a colon clense/anti-parasite; And will eventually do a liver clense. I stopped B5 and all other vitamins during that 3 week long proscess. I got a horrible skin rash, my left side of my forehead broke out permenetly; and I now have some strange freakish lumps under my skin on my face/neck that seem to be spreading, but not going away. Not acne, but something that I think I may actually have to go to a doctor for because they are freaking me out. Like someone shoved small peas deep under my skin. I have no idea what the hell happened, but I wish I hadn't stoped B5. Perhaps I need to do a liver clense too.
    During the colon cleanse, I ate healthier than I have ever done before in my life. I bought a quality fiber supplement that tasted like crap, and cut out anything "unhealthy" from my diet. My skin looks horrible.

GoodGuy, Stick with the B5. You may want to look into making a B5 cream and add Niacimide to it. I found some pure aloe juice, it looks like water. I mixed the Niacimide, B5, and aloe juice, then added some cocoa butter till you get the right gel consistancy.
    If you don't like the homade approach you could try the Acne Miricle website B5 cream. I have not tried it, and I don't think anyone here has either.

Old 05-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

thanks for your post, glad to see your postin again, and i am seeing more b5 threads. I was taking GNC brand, 4g's a day for about 3 bottles. Now i have gone through one Twinlabs bottle, taking 8g's a day. I am now starting on my second bottle of twinlabs, and i have a 200count backup bottle on the shelf.

BTW, i found an awesome website to order b5 from, its really cheap...its called allstarhealth. They have awesome prices, i recently ordered some brewers yeast in powder form (instead of pills) for like 5$.

And the 200count b5 was only 12$, 100 was 6$. Tight prices. Good Luck with anyone starting b5.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
    Memnoch636

Memnoch636 HB User

Yeah, thats the site I always use. Actually it's cheaper on that site to order two 100 count bottles, than one 200 count bottles. Strange.
    That site also had the cheapest price for Pantethine i've found.

Cystic acne is also what most people complain about after starting B5. The initial breakout is almost always in the form of cystic ance. And that is what scares people about B5 at first.
    I hope you see good results soon.

Old 05-10-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Good deal, i hope these cysts are from the initial. I would have to think it was from the initial or just my body not liking b5. Becase im getting a lot of cysts in places i don't get cysts. And with my cystic acne, they usually re-occur in same spots only..which are quite a few. And for some reason, there is this spot on my chin that most of my breakouts go to. So your saying, people get cysts and then quit because they never had them before. So cystic acne is sort of common as an initial breakout? Memnoch?

Thanks, also i was telling u how proactive was working good for me. Well it stopped working..lol. So ive switched to cetaphil, i was reading how its non-alkaline and yada yada. So this is probably a lot better for my sensitive type skin. You think i should still add some sort of bp/sa to my regime? Via lotion, or others? I know you can't really say because you don't see my face, but im just wondering on the bacteria killing i need.

Cetaphil being non-alkeline which is opposite of what bacteria live in, so would using cetaphil along with some sort of killer, give me double the effect? :P

Thanks for any reply, and thanks again memnoch for you pimpage on b5.

Im also running out of my b-complex, wondering if i should order gel caps instead of composite pill b-complex. Thanks..

Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM   #6
    chemicaldreamer

chemicaldreamer HB User

I don't know where you read that B5 isn't good for cystic acne, but i've been following B5 for several years now (almost 5), and i've heard of hundreds of successful cases with it, including mine. 8g might not be enough to treat it, i would up it to 10-15g/day for treatment, and once treated, try lowering it for maintenance.

Old 05-12-2004, 05:42 PM   #7
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Well ive been at 8g's for a couple of weeks. Upping, to 11g's, should it kick in pretty quick since ive been taking 8g's for so long? I also took 4g's for about a month or two. Thanks

Old 05-12-2004, 09:55 PM   #8
    Memnoch636

Memnoch636 HB User

dfwgoodguy. Your posts are starting to trouble me. I can say that it took me 3 months to clear my face, and I was hovering in the 8 to 10grams a day range. But I had a strange job and bad eating habits.
    Stay with it. I really hope you get over this breakout soon.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #9
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Memnoch636
    dfwgoodguy. Your posts are starting to trouble me. I can say that it took me 3 months to clear my face, and I was hovering in the 8 to 10grams a day range. But I had a strange job and bad eating habits.
    Stay with it. I really hope you get over this breakout soon.

!!!Don't say that. What do you mean by that anyways? Thinking about it, i think i have only been on 8g's for a week, but on 4g's for a month or 2. I really havn't been keeping track. I do know that ive gone through 3 bottles of GNC brand (4g's a day on those) and 2 bottles of twinlabs, up'd to 8'gs sometime in the middle of the first bottle. Now im starting on my 200count bottle.

Also, my chin is breaking out horribly. My cheeks are clearing a little, but my chin is breaking out with cysts where i never get them. And got this one cluster of three that are real close to eachother on the bottom right side of my chin. :/ Im gonna tough it out, i havn't been eating badly, actually good recently. (don't eat badly, but now im eating a lot of tuna, chicken, nuts, seeds, oatmeal, salad, apples) I don't beleive im eating any of my breakout foods. (god i hope)

Well, i might be getting this new job in a month or so, which they pay for my insurance, i don't have any now. So ill be hitting up a derm for my first time when i do get covered.

Thanks..don't say my posts are troubling damnit!
    But saying i was taking 8g's for a couple of weeks was way off, since you can only get 6 days out of a bottle. So id say for sure, a little over a week on 8gs. I also have been weight lifting a lot again, after a few weeks break, so im sure that is playing hell with oil and my testosterone..

GD ACNE GO THE HELL AWAY!

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 05-12-2004 at 11:12 PM.

Old 05-13-2004, 01:51 AM   #10
    kylatay

kylatay HB User

When I first started on B5 I got three big cystic spots......Keep it up and you really will have great looking skin. Mine is 98% better and I only take 5 grams or less per day.

God Bless
    K

Old 05-13-2004, 05:19 PM   #11
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kylatay
    When I first started on B5 I got three big cystic spots......Keep it up and you really will have great looking skin. Mine is 98% better and I only take 5 grams or less per day.

God Bless
    K

Is that all you've taken the whole time? I am taking 10g's now, gonna stick through this huge breakout im having (unlike one ive had in a loooong time) my cheeks are clearing a little, but my chin blew up. This **** better start working soon or im going to be ******, because i don't know what else to do.

Old 05-14-2004, 12:59 AM   #12
    kylatay

kylatay HB User

I've had a good history with B5. 3 years ago I took b5 for a few months and my skin NEVER looked better.(although I do clear up when I'm pregnant) I stopped when I was trying to concieve my so. Now that I'm done breastfeeding I started b5 again about 6 weeks ago. I always have taken only 5 grams and it works great for me.

For me I noticed drying of my skin within 3 to 4 days. After about a week I have to use Carmex on my lips and my hands get dry. It's amazing how well it works. (I have to up my water so this doesn't happen)

I took b5 soley for a week when I tried Pantethine. Pantethine didnt work as well for me as b5 does. I tried it for a month and it's just not the same. I took 4 300mgs per day. My acne didn't really come back but my face was oily again and I got small whiteheads once in a while. I also tried to take 900mgs of Pantethine and 2 grams b5 but it still didnt work as well for me.

So this week I switced back to B5(pantethenic acid) and I'll probably keep taking one or two Pantethines until they are gone. And so I dont put my body into shock off of Pantethine.

I know that b5 doesn't work for everyone, but it works great for me. It's hard to tell how long it took to get clear but I know I had a HUGE CYSTIC breakout with 3 large cycst at one time and some small ones. After the first week or two my acne began to heal and no other acne came up.

I hope I helped.
    K

Old 05-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #13
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

I jst went back to the gnc brand b5 I don't know why I ever stopped. Memnock said Pantethine would work better and faster so thats why I stopped b5 and tried that but now after a horrible breakout from pantethine the oil is still there and nothing's changed. when I went on b5 i saw a change in like the 1st 3 or 4 days and I didnt get any initial breakout. so i hope it will still work.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:38 AM   #14
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

I jst went back to the gnc brand b5 I don't know why I ever stopped. Memnock said Pantethine would work better and faster so thats why I stopped b5 and tried that but now after a horrible breakout from pantethine the oil is still there and nothing's changed. when I went on b5 i saw a change in like the 1st 3 or 4 days and I didnt get any initial breakout. so i hope it will still work.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #15
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Yeah, im going through a big breakout right now too, but oil is still here. I only woke up with 1 new cyst, and 2 refilled ones, which wasn't too bad. Going out to bar tonight, hope i don't get anymore white heads during today, but i know i prolly will morrow after i drink...sigh..one of these days i won't have to worry about this crap, un-imaginable, but i can't wait.

Closed Thread