It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

Is any yogurt safe to eat being lactose intolerant!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Justanotherday1
(female)

Justanotherday1 HB User
Unhappy Is any yogurt safe to eat being lactose intolerant!

Hi,

I was diagnoised almost a yr ago as being LI. It was a tough road finding the right foods to eat since everything has milk in it. But although most people think being LI is because of the lactose. Mine wasn't that at all. It was the milk protein in the milk. There is Whey and Casein. Casein is the bad one. Whey not so much. So I had to learn alot. I'm still wondering about which yogurt would be good and not upset my stomach so much. Also I switched over to Almond milk and I miss the calcium I should be getting. I know its a trial and error thing. But those of you who have IBS and LI know you even hate to go there because of the horrible stomachaches. Thanks

nicki

Last edited by Administrator; 09-17-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Is any yogurt safe to eat being lactose intolerant!

I am sitting here with a gallon of regular full fat milk and a half gallon of almond milk in front of me and the almond milk has double the calcium in it...its fortified, meaning its added- but its a name brand almond milk.

I only eat almond milk yogurt...it has no lactose of any kind in it. I would not eat regular yogurt unless you check to see if has Casein in it- you could call the manufacturer, they would be able to tell you.

Reply Reply