It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

Cholesteatoma questions

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
KatelynA
(female)

KatelynA HB User
Cholesteatoma questions

Hello! I am 31 years old, and have had chronic ear infections in my right ear since I was a child. 10 years ago, my ENT was suspicious that I had a Cholesteatoma, however the CT was negative. He decided that the area of suspicion was probably scar tissue from the multiple infections, and I was not instructed to do any type of follow up. I have continued to have infections off and on throughout the years. A few weeks ago, I went to a new ENT for ear fullness and tinnitus. She suctioned out my ear and was also very suspicious of a Cholesteatoma. I was put on ciprodex drops, which did not improve the look of the "granulation tissue". On Friday, I had a second CT and am awaiting the results. An interesting side note: The CT was Friday morning, and Friday evening I received a call from the pharmacist stating that my prescription was ready for pick up. Turns out, my ENT ordered some ear drops without bothering to call me. Was this related to the CT results? I have no idea. But my questions are this: Has anyone had a negative CT and it eventually ended up being a c-toma? I do not have any hearing loss which I would expect to have if it has been growing for 10 years. Is this an unreasonable assumption? Thanks for any insight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply