It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Need help with scheduling

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
rosie13
(female)

rosie13 HB User
Need help with scheduling

Hi Everyone, I take protonix 2x a day and carafate 3x a day. Dr. Wants me to take carafate an hour before a meal. He also wants me to take protonix before a meal. But this has to be a separation of 2 hours between them . I also take BP medicines. Before I was put on the carafate I would take the protonix first then 30 min later I would eat breakfast then I would take my BP medicines. So I thought of taking protonix before breakfast then take my meds. Then take carafate before lunch and dinner and bedtime . I canít figure out how to get the second dose of protonix. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Need help with scheduling

Really, you need to ask your doctor. Doctors have loads of info on their minds. He might want to drop one of the meds.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
rosie13
(female)

rosie13 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYagirl View Post
Really, you need to ask your doctor. Doctors have loads of info on their minds. He might want to drop one of the meds.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
rosie13
(female)

rosie13 HB User

Hi Yaya, I did ask my doctor, he was the one that told me on how to take it but he said to try to see if I could fit the protonix 2x a day. Heís not very helpful and I am currently in the process of getting a new PCP . I just thought that maybe someone on This forum might of Been prescribed the same medications and dosages at some time or another and could give me some advice. Thank you , hope you are well.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #5
yakkwak
(female)

yakkwak HB User

I also had difficulty fitting in all the meds given the standard instructions. I shoved a schedule in front of my gastro and insisted (nicely) that she show me how to carry out her instructions. We ended up waiting 40 minutes in between. This still made it difficult to fit in "multiple" mini meals.

Reply Reply