It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Kidney Issue and TTP

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #1
    lovemytime
    (female)

lovemytime HB User
    Unhappy Kidney Issue and TTP

Hello,

I was diagnosed with a rare blood disease, TTP in March of 2017. My kidneys did not fail and fully recovered. My creatine sat at 0.7 after recovery. Since August of last year my creatine has bounced from 0.7 to 0.9. Then sat at around 0.8. I drink a lot of water at work and my urine is consistently clear, like water even when I drink sodas. It will occasionally be a pale yellow. I am very concerned that my kidneys are in trouble. My BUN is not high nor is by albinum. They both sit in the normal range. I noticed on a test I had back in 2011 when they did my creatine it was at 0.8 back then. I never had it tested again, until I got sick. I also don't have diabetes. It is in the upper high to normal range. Just need some guidance. My PCP and hematologist say everything is normal and not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2019, 04:53 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Kidney Issue and TTP

Dear lovemytime,

Yes that is a rare, I'm so glad that you recovered. Is this being tracked by a urologist or someone that specializes in that disorder? You need to be taught what is normal and what is a danger sign. Constant worry is too much stress on your entire system. You need to be able to have peace of mind.

I don't have experience with it myself. Here is some excellent information to get you started - https://www.ouhsc.***/platelets/TTP/future%20for%20patients%20who%20recover% 20from%20ttp%20hus.html
    Ask your doctors to find you an online or live support group. You can probably with some research find a good one online, or maybe even start one.

Reply Reply