It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

Knee pain due to infection

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
lunogled
(male)

lunogled HB User
Knee pain due to infection

I am somewhat obese, but physically active: I run half an hour one day, and lift weights the other. I was recommended against running as it is bad for my knees, but I continue to do it, as it really makes me feel better!

Some 2-3 weeks ago, I felt a really sharp intense pain right below my knee. So sharp and intense that I could not walk. I went to the emergency room, they concluded it was an infection around the ligaments, and prescribed me Maxsulid and Lisador, I believe they are anti-inflammatories (Brazilian brands, active ingredients are nimesulida betaciclodextrina and dipirona sódica, cloridrato de prometazina e cloridrato de adifenina).

It worked, within 3 days the pain was gone. However, a few days later, including now, I feel a slight pain-like sensation in the exact same area.
It does not bother me, but I wanted to ask, in people's experience, if this is something that means the infection has not completely passed, and will return in aggravated form.
More generaly, I would be interested to know to what extent such infections are associated with the pressure on the knee when running (while obese :-/ ), and what could be done to minimize them.

Any advice and comments welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply