It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Pelvic pain and post menopausal

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #1
TEdds83
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Pelvic pain and post menopausal

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection on July 1st. I must have had it for 3 weeks before realizing what was really going on so the whole thing was raging and painful by the time I started the antibiotics. I took 7 days of Metronidazole. During this time the pelvic pain and warm feeling accompanied by pressure didn't seem to subside. I went back in to the doctor and found out the BV was not all the way cleared up. So last night I started taking the antibiotic again. Let me say this is a tough antibiotic to be on. It does me in. I know some of the side effects mimic the same ones of the actual infection, like pelvic pain and bloating, which I have. I am growing frustrated feeling like I will never get over this and feel better. Also I am being sent for a trans vaginal ultrasound to see if my fibroid are growing. I had two small fibroids about 10 years ago. When I will still have periods they were kind of painful. I thought perhaps they shrank as I went through menopause. I have not had a period in over 5 or 6 years. To add one last thing in my picture, I started using bioidentical hormones 5 months ago. I have a pellet of estrogen and testosterone in my hip and also take an oral progesterone. So I am wondering if the hormones have awakened the fibroids and caused them to grow. This kind of came out of no where. I am just so frustrated and I don't like feeling like I have to go to the bathroom all the time. I was checked for a bladder infection and it was negative. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by TEdds83; 07-13-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Pelvic pain and post menopausal

Unfortunately, bacterial vaginosis can be difficult to treat or at least has a tendency to recur. Hopefully, this second course of antibiotics will do the trick. Does your doctor have you on the oral versus vaginal?

The estrogen pellets may be contributing to the yeast infection and can also make fibroids grow. It seems I'd read that progesterone can also make them grow... not sure if that's true. Pellets can build up so hormone levels can get pretty high depending, of course, on the dosages of the pellets. Testosterone can convert into estrogen so that can further increase E levels.

It will be interesting to hear what the u/s shows as far as fibroid growth. Let us know what you find out.

Hope the BV goes away soon!

Reply Reply