It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Blood pressure readings

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #1
    Benny2020
    (male)

Benny2020 HB User
    Blood pressure readings

Need some guidance on using blood pressure monitor as i get a big variance in readings depending on sitting position.
    When i sit upright with my arm on the desk i get 135/93 but if i relax my head back on the chair it drops to 122/82, the only difference is resting my head.
    Which is right?.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Blood pressure readings

Hi Benny!

Back in 1998 I decided to find out why I had chronically high blood pressure so I started taking my blood pressure about 7 times a day. I would just sit down at my desk, put my right arm on the desk, put on the cuff, and take my blood pressure. I wound up taking my blood pressure over 31,000 from 1998 through 2010, solving my blood pressure problems and healing my heart failure!

That said... have you continued to test your blood pressure and has the difference in the readings continued to change depending upon the position of your head?

Sometimes, if one's heart is real calm and beating nice and easy, or if one's heart frequently skips beats, the blood pressure machine won't pick up the correct final diastolic reading, hence the readings of 93 and 82. I also wonder if the relaxing of your head somehow causes your heart to skip a beat while taking your blood pressure.

During my 31,000+ readings I would get some weird readings but most of the time they were fairly accurate, IMHO.

Regards, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #3
    Benny2020
    (male)

Benny2020 HB User
    Re: Blood pressure readings

the difference in readings is consistent, same sitting position just head off the back of the chair and head resting on the back of the chair being supported and at least a 10 point difference.
    reverse the position and it goes back up.

Reply Reply