It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
friday126
(male)

friday126 HB User
Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

Diagnosed with candida 8 months ago. Went on restrictive diet and tried antimicrobials. Didn't help much. Started doing enemas. Seemed to get a good amount of what looks like yeast or fungus out but seem to do even better when I do retention enemas with nystatin/medistatin. Medistatin is nystatin for birds. Yup. My U.S. based doctors won't give me an antifugal perscription or believe in candida. Got my testing done through a 'functional medicine' doctor and I can't get anything strong through her. Anyway forum member elsewhere tells me medistatin has a bunch of dextrose and lactose in it which is suppose to be really bad for candida. My skin has gotten better since starting the enemas but I do get discomfort in what feels like my lower bowels. Could be from the Sugar from the medistatin or SIBO or I don't know what.

Should I be worried about the lactose and dextrose in the medistatin and use something else for retention enemas and oral antifungals? Suggestions on something strong? Antimicrobials like berberine and sf722 and oil of oregano don't seem to do a damn thing for me. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

Who diagnosed you with candida, where do you have it, and what was prescribed by who diagnosed you?

q

Old 09-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

Who dx you with candida? Was it the functional medicine doctor? Have you thought about seeing a regular PCP or having further testing? Derms can also dx candida if it is on the skin....

I would not be doing what you are doing, but thats just me. I would find a doctor who can prescribe you antifungals which will rid you of the yeast.

Reply Reply