It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Help please!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #1
MPA26
(female)

MPA26 HB User
Help please!

This may be long but I want to be thorough. I have always had a bad stomach and frequently go through bouts of constipation diarrhea and just feeling sick to my stomach. For the past maybe month, I have been constipated for a week and then I’ll have a day where I am just really sick all day going to the bathroom constantly. This past week, I started feeling really sick to my stomach and dizzy. I ended up leaving work. I went to the ER yesterday and had lab work done and an abdominal CT. The blood tests showed I was slightly dehydrated but other than that normal. The CT I was told looked good. I was given a copy of the reports and told to follow up with a GI doctor if I don’t see any improvement. So basically nothing was done and I’m still over here with these same issues. When I got home I read the CT report and it stated “lymphadenopathy, free air or fluid collection is seen”. I have no idea what this means. Under the final remarks it states “no intra-abdominal process seen.” The doctor said everything was fine but then the report says the parts about the lymphadenopathy. Does anyone know what this is and why the doctor doesn’t seem to think it’s an issue? Also, any suggestions on what might be wrong with me? I’m getting very frustrated as I keep missing work due to being sick and I really can’t afford to get fired. Any suggestions would be really helpful and appreciated. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2018, 04:46 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Help please!

Hi there. "lymphadenopathy" means that your lymph nodes are not normal in size...Swollen lymph nodes almost always suggest infection. Its nothing major to worry about, a round of antibiotics will clear you right up usually- BUT you need to know what infection you are treating which is why the doctor suggested a GI doctor to follow up with.

Remember, the ER is to make sure that it is NOT life threatening- they are not there to treat you, but to get you emergency help in case it is life threatening...this wasn't. The referral you received to see a GI doctor is about as good as it gets,

The GI doctor will run some tests looking for Pylori, esophogitis, colitis, all the different infections which might cause your bowel problems and treat accordingly.

Find a good GI doctor and tell the receptionist you were referred to GI from the ER...they will get you in asap.

Hang tough..whatever it is, they will fix it!

Old 09-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #3
MPA26
(female)

MPA26 HB User
Re: Help please!

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Of course when I read the report I googled lymphadenopathy and everything said cancer so this definitely makes me feel a lot better. I will call and schedule and appt tomorrow. Thanks again!

Reply Reply