It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

HBP making veins bulge out?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
Franny62
(female)

Franny62 HB User
HBP making veins bulge out?

My husband has been experiencing a intermittently severe elevation of his systolic blood pressure along with the veins in his forearms becoming extremely distended. His bp is usually around 190/120 unmedicated but whenever the veins bulge out excessively his systolic skyrockets to 280-298. Can this cause the veins to become so distended and firm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
Machaon
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: HBP making veins bulge out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franny62
My husband ... His bp is usually around 190/120 unmedicated ... My pressures unmedicated routinely run around 240/180 in both arms.
Both of your blood pressures are much too high. Blood pressure medications, on average, only lower the blood pressure an average of about 7 points for each med. That's all!

You and your doctors need to find out, as soon as possible, why your blood pressure is unnaturally high.

My chronically high blood pressure was primarily caused by Insulin Resistance. I was eating too many snacks and sweets! I had to give up my beloved beer! I also went on a frequent eating, small meal, small calorie diet and my blood pressure came down, dramatically, to safer levels quite quickly.

In the meantime, you might consider eliminating or avoiding things that could raise blood pressure like caffeine, chocolate, coffee, soda, cigarette smoke, mold, harsh chemicals (VOCs), dust, alcohol, sodium.
⇒2002 BP: 151/96; taken 1,423
⇒2008-2017 BP: 119/69; taken 7,514

Last edited by Machaon; 09-15-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Reply Reply