It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

On birth control, pretty bad cramping no blood?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
ky1xx
(female)

ky1xx HB User
On birth control, pretty bad cramping no blood?

This is my first month on BC (Ortho Tri Cyclen.) and I have severe cramping, it feels like period cramps. I went and wiped and there was a little blood, went back on the toilet and wiped again like 30 minutes later because I was going to put a pad on. And no blood?? Iím confused.... do you think my body is just being wonky because itís getting used to all the hormones. Iím also on the fourth day of my inactive pills and I finally just started getting those symptoms. (I take mine at night, so I havenít taken my fourth pill yet technically, but itís still my fourth day in I guess.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: On birth control, pretty bad cramping no blood?

Birth control can mess with your periods, especially when you are new to them. Sounds like your body wants to have a period, but it just isn't. Its not totally unusual for the first few months to get breakthrough bleeding or to not bleed at all; but since you are having all the symptoms of an oncoming period, I am willing to bet its coming. Unfortunately, you might still bleed once you go back to your active pills. If this happens, it wil probably be lighter and shorter than normal.

If by next month you still havent had a period, you want to talk to your prescribing physician and let her know. I would bet that your going to get it in the next 48 hours though....the symptoms say "something" is happening!

Reply Reply