It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Not sure what is happening..

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2018, 03:53 AM   #1
Ashley9045
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB UserAshley9045 HB User
Not sure what is happening..

I have been struggling with exhaustion, pain some days everywhere, legs feel heavy, weak at times, then I have days I feel not so bad--but for the most part, I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night, rarely have an issue with sleep, but the exhaustion is horrible. I feel like most days by 3:00 in the afternoon I crash and have to take a 20 minute nap. I work from home so that has been a blessing feeling this way. I had a full blood work up done a month or so ago, my blood counts all came back fine, thyroid, sugar etc... The only thing I did not have checked was my Ferritin, checked for mono, or Lyme disease. I do not even want to go back to the doctors, they are going to think I am crazy, but these are real feelings I have. Exhaustion really stops you in your tracks. I have read about CFS and I wonder if I am dealing with this and do not know it. I have felt like this prior in my life, but this seems to be a worse bout of it. Been under ALOT of stress with a family situation so not sure if that could be part of it, and my sister died suddenly in January suddenly and I have struggled with that. Not sure what answer I am looking for right now, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I have thought for years I have had Fibro, but never was diagnosed. Does anyone have the weakness and heaviness in their legs. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Not sure what is happening..

Dear Ashley,

I always have weakness and heaviness in my legs, and have for many years. I think FM, which I have had for many years, is more about random pain than exhaustion. Also, please don't discount stress that you are under. Stress is a major cause of exhaustion, physical pain and mental and emotional suffering. You do need to do your grief work and figure out how to deal with the family problems. There are many support groups for those things, if you do a search in your locality. You can call a church and ask for an appt with a pastor to talk things out at no cost, usually. Or if you can afford it pay a counselor.

How much exercise do you get? Are you rather sedate? I take naps, too. However, it's easy when achey to sit or lay around as much as possible, but even with FM we need to regularly get up and move, stretch, and exercise. That provides a lot of relief. We cannot afford to allow feeling tired to stop us in our tracks. We must make ourselves regularly move, every day. I distract myself by working in the garden. Raking, pulling weeds, watering, etc. keeps my mind busy so I am not focused on pain or tiredness. I do that just about every day, twice or more a day.

With FM OR CFS we cannot afford to allow ourselves to give in to the pain and fatigue or the pain and fatigue only are worse. We need to take responsibility. I promise you that exercise and fresh air does wonders. It doesn't stop the symptoms completely, but the aching and pain is always much worse to have unstretched and unexercised muscles and tendons.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 08-11-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Reply Reply