It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

Potential gall bladder issues

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #1
Sdalbert
(female)

Sdalbert HB User
Potential gall bladder issues

I have been suffering from extreme pain in center of chest, under my right breast, bloating , explosive diarrhea which is often accompanied by lightheaded and dizziness for 3 weeks now. I'm unable to eat anything other than crackers, chicken noodle soup, and plain pasta. I am miserable! Last night I ate 3 small bites of turkey sausage and a little cheese off my daughters pizza and within 15 minutes was in extreme pain all around middle of abdomen and back. I was doubled over and crying. Thought I was headed to the ER. After taking 2 Tylenol pm and using heating pads on stomach and back it subsided after 30 minutes. My dr suspects it's my gall bladder and put me on sucralfate(coats stomach) and 2x pantaprozolone, but it didn't help much or masked the symptoms since I wasn't able to eat at all then. I had an ultrasound yesterday and will get results tomorrow. Then dr says next step is a HIDA scan. I hate that insurance makes you go through so many steps. I've been reading posts on here that people have suffered for months/years before dr would take out gb. I can't continue to suffer like this for that long. I'm miserable! I haven't eaten vegetables or fruits and have had little protein in three weeks. My stomach is constantly bloated and achy. Any advice on how to get the process sped up? I just want to get this thing out!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2018, 03:41 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Potential gall bladder issues

Hi SDAlbert,

If it is your GB, the first thing I would suggest is to cut dairy and fat from your diet...cheese off the pizza would be enough to throw you into a GB attack! Fruits and most veggies should be more tolerable. Eggs, cooked in PAM spray (no butter), dry toast, fat free milk , yogurt and things like lean chicken breast and turkey are your best bets. The gallbladder helps the body digest fats. If your GB is shot (or damaged) eating any kind of fat will throw you into a tailspin.

As far as the tests go- are you seeing a GI doctor or a primary? You are getting the right tests, but a GI doctor can do a HIDA scan right in the office and generally they are more likely to send you to a surgeon as soon as the results come back.

I had my GB out a year ago, it took less than 5 days from my first appointment with the GI doc before I was in surgery. A month later, I was good as new. Immediately after surgery your body has to learn how to eat again without a GB, which means a very low fat diet for the first month...but as time goes on your body figures it out and things get better.

In the meantime, try reading labels and keeping each meal under 5 grams of fat- eliminate all dairy and cheese unless it is fat free for a few days and see if you dont feel better.

Let us know what the test results say. Good luck!

Old 08-13-2018, 03:51 AM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Potential gall bladder issues

The HIDA would be the next step if the u/s is negative. Ifthe u/s shows stones, you should book a surgeon right then. and do as MSNIK says- NO FAT! You'll be glad.

Reply Reply