It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Breast biopsy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
Lady221
(female)

Lady221 HB UserLady221 HB User
Breast biopsy

Hello everyone, I know many many women have had a breast biopsy but this is my first. I am so frightened. Tomorrow is the day. What worried me was the Dr who looked over my ultrasound. He said he was "very concerned" I had a mammogram exactly one year ago and it was fine. Suddenly there is a 4cm lump. I have always been very cysty. Years ago I was told I had 2 areas of what they called neurofibromas on my hand and on my toe. I'm wondering if this could be a breast neurofibroma too. I'm 62 yrs old and have had mammo's yearly. This is a first-time lump. I guess I just need some assurance. They did say my armpit lymph nodes looked good. I hope that's a good thing. Are there any questions I need to ask? What is a biopsy like? I'm so afraid. Thanks for listening.

Waiting for results. Had it Friday and had to wait the whole damn weekend. This waiting is excruciating. Can anyone answer why before I felt no lump. The radiologist first said it was at 9-10 oclock. Then when having the biopsy he said 10-11 oclock. Now (I don't know if it's swelling) but I have a hardness at 12 oclock. What is going on? Is this swelling or is this lump moving? It's been 4 days after biopsy. Thank you.

Last edited by Lady221; 06-18-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Breast biopsy

Hi Lady221, I am sure you are afraid. My biopsy was the scariest day of my life!

Its not tough to get through. Hopefully you like your doctor/ surgeon. Mine was extremely compassionate since she knows how terrified her patients are.

They had me lay on a table in a gown, open in the font. They exposed the breast which had the lump and under ultrasound (the machine is right next to your body, the doctor located the lump on the screen. Then, she took the finest, tiniest little needle I have ever seen and punctured the lump to withdraw fluid.

I too am cysty. I have had so many in my uterine area, I lost count...because of this, they immediately sent me into a second mamogram. (they had their own machine). GUESS WHAT? My lump was gone. Nothing left of it...this told the doctor that it was a cyst, it was fluid filled and when she pierced it, the fluid reabsorbed into my body..end of story for me. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes and it was over.

I truly hope it goes this smoothly for you...I can promise you that there is no pain involved. I left with a tiny little bandaid on my breast which I removed a few hours later with a drop of blood on it. My doctor made me really comfortable and in fact, I had my mom in the room with me. (Yes I was 40 something, but I was scared to death!).I really hope you have the same outcome and yes, it is very possible that you will.

Please let us know?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
Lady221 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Lady221
(female)

Lady221 HB UserLady221 HB User
Re: Breast biopsy

That is such good news! You must have been so relieved. Thank you for your explanation and kind words.

Reply Reply