It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Abnormal bleeding?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
kris182
(female)

kris182 HB User
Abnormal bleeding?

I was told that having surgery could change a menstrual cycle, it seems like it did.

A week before surgery I had my period. 2 weeks later I had one again, it was less than the usual amount of time.

Had one that ended prior to this past weekend, and now I'm bleeding yet again.

Is this a cause for alarm?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Abnormal bleeding?

What type of surgery did you have? Was it female related? I have never heard of surgery affecting your cycle, unless you are talking about something that affects your female organs?

You should check with your doctor about this...she would be a better source of information. Check with your gyn...

Old 06-14-2018, 05:16 AM   #3
kris182
(female)

kris182 HB User

I see my dr in a couple of weeks.

I mentioned it to my PSW last time it happened, she was the one who told me this. She's seen a lot in the 25 years she's been a PSW.

I've had the same surgery 3 times, and only this time has it affected me this way.

It wasn't female related, it was ankle surgery.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi Kris...hope it all works out for you. Definitely talk to your doctor/ PSW. I have had 11 surgeries in my life, all but one of them was unrelated to my female parts. I have never had any sort of period issues, nor have I been told that I could have period issues. This sounds unusual to me.

But good luck! I would ask for a full exam to make sure you aren't dealing with cysts or any other problem which could cause unusual bleeding.

Reply Reply